Vent on Charlie Williams

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Here is your chance to air all your beefs with Charlie Williams. After you have said your piece, you must answer this question, "Can you forgive Charlie?"

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is your chance to air all your beefs with Charlie Williams. After you have said you piece, you must answer this question, "Can you forgive Charlie?"

You know, when you put it that way, we are all members of God's human family, so, of course, yes, I forgive Charlie. I hope I am forgiven for anything untoward that I have done to others, as well. :angel2:

When you get to a point in life when you're circling the drain, forgiveness quickly becomes a trait. ;)

And how come you keep changing your clothes in the avatar? Where's the leaf?

jason

Silver Member
You know, when you put it that way, we are all members of God's human family, so, of course, yes, I forgive Charlie. I hope I am forgiven for anything untoward that I have done to others, as well. :angel2:

When you get to a point in life when you're circling the drain, forgiveness quickly becomes a trait. ;)

And how come you keep changing your clothes in the avatar? Where's the leaf?

Hi JAM,

I haven't change my clothes in months (i haven't posted either)! I think I should put on a fur coat like the hipsters from the 50's.

There is a lot of hatred here (i.e. AZ) against Charlie. I'm not an insider by any means, and I don't know everything Charlie has or hasn't done.

But from what I have seen, Charlie stepped on some toes years ago when he was a lot younger and a little more naive.

I have to give him some respect by persevering with Dragon Promotions. I really think he has intended to move pool in the right direction when very few have even attempted. He may have failed in public opinion, but I think he has done some good too. I respect his tenacity to persevere with the continual criticism he has received by so many.

I'm really sick of all of the in-fighting of the industry and how it has continually kept pool down.

So I ask...What has Charlie done that is so bad in the past that can't be forgiven for the best interest of pool?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi JAM,

I haven't change my clothes in months (i haven't posted either)! I think I should put on a fur coat like the hipsters from the 50's.

There is a lot of hatred here (i.e. AZ) against Charlie. I'm not an insider by any means, and I don't know everything Charlie has or hasn't done.

But from what I have seen, Charlie stepped on some toes years ago when he was a lot younger and a little more naive.

I have to give him some respect by persevering with Dragon Promotions. I really think he has intended to move pool in the right direction when very few have even attempted. He may have failed in public opinion, but I think he has done some good too. I respect his tenacity to persevere with the continual criticism he has received by so many.

I'm really sick of all of the in-fighting of the industry and how it has continually kept pool down.

So I ask...What has Charlie done that is so bad in the past that can't be forgiven for the best interest of pool?

Jason, I can't write it on the public forum about what my thoughts are truly on this topic. The only thing I have to say about it is who in the heck from the BCA gave Charlie the green light to be the head of the governing body of professional pool. When the UPA ship began to sink, Charlie jumped ship. Most captains go down with the ship and keep up the good fight. I think he was afforded some monetary benefits, to include industry sponsor support, due to his affiliation with the UPA, but this is only my opinion.

Also, in all fairness to Charlie, the allegations that are being thrown about are allegations; he has never been convicted of any crime. I'm not saying they did *not* happen, but it seems kind of unfair to write about those allegations as fact on this forum.

Look, we all have skeletons. Unfortunately, some pro players are pool celebrities, and as such, every move they make is scrutinized, especially on forums. In this regard, I feel kind of bad for Charlie, but on the other hand, he sure has stepped on some toes in the past. My toes still hurt. :p

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi JAM,

Why is CW being captian of the Mosconi Cup team in the best interests of pool? The guy does not have the resume for the job, pure and simple. I will forgive Charley anything except taking this job. He is too young, never been a great player and not particularly well liked. A really really bad choice.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Why is CW being captian of the Mosconi Cup team in the best interests of pool? The guy does not have the resume for the job, pure and simple. I will forgive Charley anything except taking this job. He is too young, never been a great player and not particularly well liked. A really really bad choice.

Charlie is a successful businessman, a very strong player, and some people have said he is a good mentor when it comes to motivation. Youth has little to do with being capable of doing the Captain's job. Charlie is a top player and that doesn't qualify anyone for the job of Captain of the Mosconi Cup Team. Just take a look at Europe's captain and they're winning and winning and winning and that makes me sick. :grin:

I know he has also been smart enough to send some of his pro players to take pool lessonsfrom Stan Shuffett. :yeah:

I say give him a chance to lead the U.S.A. Mosconi Cup Team to victory.

jason

Silver Member
Charlie is a successful businessman, a very strong player, and some people have said he is a good mentor when it comes to motivation. Youth has little to do with being capable of doing the Captain's job. Charlie is a top player and that doesn't qualify anyone for the job of Captain of the Mosconi Cup Team. Just take a look at Europe's captain and they're winning and winning and winning and that makes me sick. :grin:

I know he has also been smart enough to send some of his pro players to take pool lessonsfrom Stan Shuffett. :yeah:

I say give him a chance to lead the U.S.A. Mosconi Cup Team to victory.

Again, people just love to hate Charlie. Charlie is not that young anymore either. Being captain of the MC is harder (i.e. easier) than coaching in the NBA. The players have to play...period. Little can be said or done to improve the performance of these individuals especially in such a short time.

jason

Silver Member

I didn't say being captain was or wasn't in the best interest of pool. I said continually bashing CW and the internal fighting of the pool community from multiple parties is not in the best interest of pool.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Hi JAM,

snip...

Does anyone else see the contradiction here? You are sick of the fighting yet ask @ what he has done so bad in the past... :rolleyes:

I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie, go rah rah for Team USA - rather than dredge old ponds.

This usually doesn't turn out well (actually, it never does). Here's one vote to delete this thread. JMO.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Again, people just love to hate Charlie. Charlie is not that young anymore either. Being captain of the MC is harder (i.e. easier) than coaching in the NBA. The players have to play...period. Little can be said or done to improve the performance of these individuals especially in such a short time.

Sorry! I don't agree with your last statement. As a matter of fact, I disagree strongly. There is MUCH THAT COULD BE DONE even in such a short period of time. If I were Captain of the USA Mosconi Cup Team I GUARANTEE that I could help their pool game and what I would do, no other team captain has ever thought of doing (at least to my knowledge).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry! I don't agree with your last statement. As a matter of fact, I disagree strongly. There is MUCH THAT COULD BE DONE even in such a short period of time. If I were Captain of the USA Mosconi Cup Team I GUARANTEE that I could help their pool game and what I would do, no other team captain has ever thought of doing (at least to my knowledge).

Well, it begs the question, then. What would you do, JoeyA, or is it proprietary for when the next captain selection is made? :smile:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to be co-captain some day with Joey! I GUARANTEE you we'd bring home the bacon! :thumbup:
No, I never was a great player. But I could play the game well enough to understand what it takes to be a top player. What I have done a lot of in the last 25 years is be a stake horse and motivator for pro players. If they don't score, it cost me money!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I want to be co-captain some day with Joey! I GUARANTEE you we'd bring home the bacon! :thumbup:
No, I never was a great player. But I could play the game well enough to understand what it takes to be a top player. What I have done a lot of in the last 25 years is be a stake horse and motivator for pro players. If they don't score, it cost me money!
I want to put my name in for 3rd string Captain. with JoeyA and JayH. I know less than nothing about pool and I do not know how to coach but I would motivate real well and I can give them all the 5 in looks so good for tv. :)

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
If I were Captain of the USA Mosconi Cup Team I GUARANTEE that I could help their pool game and what I would do, no other team captain has ever thought of doing (at least to my knowledge).

Let me guess, you would teach them all the same aiming system?

JoeyA

Silver Member
Well, it begs the question, then. What would you do, JoeyA, or is it proprietary for when the next captain selection is made? :smile:

Jennie,
Just in case one day, Matchroom Sports takes a gamble on JoeyA and/or Jay Helfert as USA Captain/Co-Captain, I should really keep this one secret.

I KNOW it will help their game and I haven't told Jay what "the secret" is either, so don't go pumping him for information that he doesn't have. :D

(Jay probably has a couple of SECRETS of his own that will help the USA Mosconi Cup Team WIN!)

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
gonna call a spade a spade

Charlie's past is also his present and his future according to the experts in the field. That being the case, no I don't forgive Charlie. I also think he is an absolutely rotten choice to represent anyone or any entity. That he is the lead representative for the USA in the Mosconi cup means that I won't have any team to pull for although I'll be pulling for individuals from both the USA and Europe.

Hu

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Charlie and his association with Yu Ram Cha makes me green with envy. No, I cannot forgive him, I am way to petty for that. She should be MINE dammit!