Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The draw cue arrived
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-13-2019, 11:08 AM

Love this bar.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#47)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
I’ve had one pool cue and one snooker cue that I could draw a lot farther than all the
other cues I’ve owned.
This is empirical knowledge...can’t tell you why.

I’ve also had cues that lay on their backs with all four paws in the air when a power draw
shot was attempted.
Yes sir Mr. Jewett. My answer to draw is like Rory Mcilroy's answer to "how far can you drive the ball?" "As far as I need to."

Last edited by DecentShot; 10-13-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Old
  (#48)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Yes sir Mr. Jewett. My answer to draw is like Rory Mcilroy's answer to "how far can you drive the ball?" "As far as I need to."
I am not too hep on many things....but Iím pretty sure you arenít Ďballsí.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#49)
JohnnyP
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
W.C. Fields says they used to drive a mile, and put a 1/4 mile (of course the wind had to be at our backs).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLLQ1VGK1wQ

Old
  (#50)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

10-14-2019, 05:51 AM

Happy bday Deano.
Keep stirring the pot.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#51)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

10-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I am not too hep on many things....but Iím pretty sure you arenít Ďballsí.
I'm hep on a lot of things, and I have no idea what that means.

Old
  (#52)
shasta777
AzB Silver Member
shasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond repute

10-14-2019, 05:45 PM

Still think to end the controversy on the cue... you need to let someone like
Dr-Dave-Billiards test the cue or someone like him... & it needs to go thru a
bunch of tests ON VIDEO to prove if it draws better then a normal cue...

Just my humble opinion... :-)
By the way --- Happy Birthday Dean!!!

Last edited by shasta777; 10-14-2019 at 05:46 PM. Reason: add

Old
  (#53)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-14-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post
...you need to let someone like Dr-Dave-Billiards test the cue...
That would be ideal, but maybe logistically improbable.

Meanwhile, there are simple ways to test the amount of draw a cue is capable of. One is the old spot shot draw challenge:

- with CB in hand, shoot an OB off the spot to hit the far end rail dead center and rebound straight back

- hit the CB with maximum draw (confirm by using a striped "CB" and checking chalk marks)

- hit at the right speed to just get the CB back to the near end rail (~2' of draw)

The cue's "draw score" is the distance the OB stops short of rebounding all the way to the near end rail (less OB travel = higher score), while still drawing the CB all the way back to the near end rail.

Here's the "ideal" result I could get in Virtual Pool - the OB stopped short of mid table after rebounding off the far end rail (draw score: 50+ inches). When I tried this in the past I think the best I did was stop the OB short of the spot (draw score: 25+ inches).

pj
chgo

P.S. You can do this test without the trouble of using a striped "CB" and confirming chalk marks each shot, but then there's no telling how much of the result is due to stroke accuracy vs. stick performance.

Name:  draw1.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  109.7 KB
Name:  draw2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  108.9 KB

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 10-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Old
  (#54)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-14-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I'm hep on a lot of things, and I have no idea what that means.
AZ member Ďballsí.....has a theory that I am an alternate AZ account of Bob Jewett.

Iím a high school drop out...Iím pretty sure Bob has DR status with Berkeley.
...heís forgot more than I know about anything.

Iím pretty sure that Ďballsí thinks heís a good salesman and promoter.....
...but he managed to alienate a lot of AZers.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

two quality posters!
Old
  (#55)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

two quality posters! - 10-14-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
AZ member Ďballsí.....has a theory that I am an alternate AZ account of Bob Jewett.

Two quality posters. Neither of you suffer in the comparison.

Like my old friend Terry Ardeno, you have a Phd too, a Pool Hall Degree!

Hu

Old
  (#56)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2019, 10:20 AM

Either time has changed the cue
or my memory has changed what it did

i am now backing off my previous claims

perhaps the 25 year old tip has hardened

i give up

Old
  (#57)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

10-17-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Yeah he's crazy, as such, he is just a cog in my wheel of AZ entertainment.

Old
  (#58)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

10-17-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
Either time has changed the cue
or my memory has changed what it did

i am now backing off my previous claims

perhaps the 25 year old tip has hardened

i give up
So it no longer draws the rock 6.5 long rails? bummer...Ö.

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

ďIf we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every AMERICAN to be informedĒ
Thomas Jefferson

ďThe Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an
instrument for the people to restrain the
Government-lest it come to dominate our lives and interest .Ē
Patrick Henry

Old
  (#59)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
That would be ideal, but maybe logistically improbable.

Meanwhile, there are simple ways to test the amount of draw a cue is capable of. One is the old spot shot draw challenge:

- with CB in hand, shoot an OB off the spot to hit the far end rail dead center and rebound straight back

- hit the CB with maximum draw (confirm by using a striped "CB" and checking chalk marks)

- hit at the right speed to just get the CB back to the near end rail (~2' of draw)

The cue's "draw score" is the distance the OB stops short of rebounding all the way to the near end rail (less OB travel = higher score), while still drawing the CB all the way back to the near end rail.

Here's the "ideal" result I could get in Virtual Pool - the OB stopped short of mid table after rebounding off the far end rail (draw score: 50+ inches). When I tried this in the past I think the best I did was stop the OB short of the spot (draw score: 25+ inches).

pj
chgo

P.S. You can do this test without the trouble of using a striped "CB" and confirming chalk marks each shot, but then there's no telling how much of the result is due to stroke accuracy vs. stick performance.

Attachment 532027
Attachment 532028
PJ you should know a ball with less draw may rebound further then one with more draw.

Whats with the virtual stuff you dont get off the couch anymore

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#60)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

10-17-2019, 01:22 PM

Scott tried the draw cue

he hit an object ball near the side pocket,the cue ball drew maybe 4 inches and proceed to look
like wykie coyote,spinning very fast in place on the new simona cloth

suddenly it took off back up table and back off the foot fail to the head rail

he did this 3 times

I personally have never seen such a thing

so Jack Potter is going to test the cue before i return it

if a good player comes to Dallas
please call
214 477 7323

no offense but i only want a high quality player to try it

Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: