Rematch?- Alex, Scott

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I'm sure the rematch is in the works. From what I saw I'm definitely betting on Scott in a rematch, might even lay odds

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Frost would get him in a rematch. It's hard to beat someone twice.

I agree.

I believe if Frost has the money or can get the money he would ask Alex to play again.

And i believe Alex would give him a rematch.

But would it be played on the same table, same qball, this mite be the hardest question to answer here!

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott was wearing some pretty loud Jordan attire for the match so maybe just find the witch and you are all set.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I wouldn't be so quick to favor Frost in a rematch.

Alex really seems to have re-dedicated himself to pool.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The fact that they played on a table with a slight roll kind of muddied the result. In rack three or four Scott battles back from like six-zero, making unreal shots to sink or hang each ball in his pocket on the left. with one ball left he slow rolls to the top right corner and gets boned by the roll, selling out a bank so easy that Alex drilled it behind the back.

He seemed mad about it, I'd think he would want a rematch on a level diamond. Maybe Alex is just a higher level player but anyone who's ever been called the best, should have too much pride to just accept there's a new sheriff in town.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, a rematch should be in the works, AND....I will bet the same way again! :)

Rule#1...NEVER bet against a Phillipino player no matter how much you like the opponent, unless you are seriously angry at your money!!!

G.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
The fact that they played on a table with a slight roll kind of muddied the result. In rack three or four Scott battles back from like six-zero, making unreal shots to sink or hang each ball in his pocket on the left. with one ball left he slow rolls to the top right corner and gets boned by the roll, selling out a bank so easy that Alex drilled it behind the back.

That was rack 2 and would have made the score even if frost wins the battle on that last ball. IMO the whole match was dictated by that moment as Scott showed huge heart to get to 7 balls there only to then have the game end like that.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
That was rack 2 and would have made the score even if frost wins the battle on that last ball. IMO the whole match was dictated by that moment as Scott showed huge heart to get to 7 balls there only to then have the game end like that.

I turned it off at this point. Scott had missed putting Alex in the stack by 3/4 inches, then the table rolled off on the 2. I knew *IF* scott was going to win somehow the match would be going in the morning still, so i hit the sack.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

He seemed mad about it, I'd think he would want a rematch on a level diamond. Maybe Alex is just a higher level player but anyone who's ever been called the best, should have too much pride to just accept there's a new sheriff in town.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Don't agree. (what else is new) I think that a player of Scott's caliber should know how the table plays and account for it. As "Box" said at the end whining about the rolls is just an excuse because if you get up to play a man for that amount of money you know the table.

As for Alex making an easy bank behind the back the bank wasn't "easy" he had to shoot it behind the back because there was no other way to reach it. He hit it with speed to make sure it got back up table if it missed and didn't sell out a cross bank.

Let's not forget that this table also has super tight pockets on it. Any shot that was over two feet wasn't easy on that equipment. I don't know how many of the members here have ever gambled in one pocket for any decent amount but I have played it a few times for several hundred per game up to $600 a game -1200 in the middle :) - and let me tell you from my personal experience the pockets shrivel up when the bet is high enough. The few times I have played on really tight pocket tables some shots literally look as if there is no pocket and the ball cannot be made.

Now of course not saying that Alex and Scott ever felt that way. Just saying that with a tight table the margin of error is very small and all mistakes are amplified.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't be so quick to favor Frost in a rematch.

Alex really seems to have re-dedicated himself to pool.

Alex has been playing a ton of pool. From what I have heard Scott has been playing a lot of poker. Scott needs to come with his A+ game against this guy and he will give himself a way better chance!!

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
In AZ, Scott might be the favorite in a rematch, I don't know if I would say that if they play again on that table.

I think it was Watchez who first posted the "Don't F with the Pinoys" saying many years ago and it still holds true.

Orcullo, Alex, Busty and other top filipino players are almost unbeatable when they have they're playing their best.