Poper Modle B Q-lathe for sale

cuetipper

Registered
This unit is likely to be one of the original ones.
I am the second owner. I have used in ONLY as a sanding lathe.
It has seen its share of service and maintenance but still runs very well.
I have replaced the bearings and the circuit board.
It has a new chuck but it has not yet been bored.

With it comes the Wrap attachment, Taper Attachment, Long Stock Attachment and the Original Tool Post. I may even have a router for it [Maybe -have to look].

Here are some pics and video of the unit.
http://server.gotdns.com:90/Porper/

If you would like more detailed information please request it here
-----NO PMS PLEASE.

I will consider any reasonable offer.
The key word is REASONABLE.

NO BOTTOM FEEDERS PLEASE.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
I guess we have ourselves a public auction... I'll start the bidding at $100, since a bottom feeder would probably only offer $50. And that includes shipping of course. :)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I also own one of these lathes, I purchased mine new in 2007 for $4100 and that price included shipping from California to Washington State.

I am uncertain how old the lathe for sale in this thread is, but they have made many changes to these lathes starting in 2007 when I purchased mine I am uncertain how much it would cost to upgrade this lathe but is some is interested contact Porper directly or contact Michael Webb here on the forum.

Hope this helps

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
A few questions. Does the live center in the tail stock touch tip to tip with the dead center in the head stock, even while spinning? Is there any run out? Is the carriage & cross slide tight and smooth or is there slop & wiggle room? Does the tail stock actuator have slop when extended? Are the ways scarred up or are they still smooth with no nicks & scratches? Why was the chuck changed & does the old chuck still come with it? I'm interested at a good price but need these questions answered and need to know what price you are looking for so we can at least begin to find common ground. Thanks

cuetipper

Registered
email sent.
Reprinted here for benefit of all

Does the live center in the tail stock touch tip to tip with the dead center in the head stock. Yes
Even while spinning. Yes
Is there any run out. Non I can measure
Is the carriage & cross slide tight and smooth or is there slop & wiggle room. VERY Tight - Has spring gibs {?} installed*
Does the tail stock actuator have slop when extended. Non I can measure
Are the ways scarred up or are they still smooth with no nicks & scratches. Smooth and Clean
Why was the chuck changed & does the old chuck still come with it** NO

* These are small threaded inserts with captures spring loaded ball bearings. There are 7 or so strategically placed on the slide assembly. As the slide moves they remove all backlash as the slide is under constant pressure.

** The original owner was under the impression that the proper way to true up a chuck was to loosen the back screws and wack the chuck with a hammer. Since the chuck on the lathe DOES NOT have 1.3 bore hole from the MFG [.850 I think] and Proper bores out the chuck the ring wall is now only about .01875 thick rather than .4. So of course it cracked. AS long as it was in place it would hold a run out of .01. good enough for sanding but not for anything else. I acquired a new chuck so it made sense to replace it. I may have the old chuck but it is a boat anchor. Even the jaws will not interchange.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I resized and posted the pics here to make it easier. If the OP would like me to remove them just let me know.

Attachments

• CIMG3614.jpg
    CIMG3614.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 758
  • CIMG3615.jpg
    CIMG3615.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 762
  • CIMG3616.jpg
    CIMG3616.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 764

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I do appreciate your email & answering all of my questions but you didn't answer the most important question, which was price. I don't wanna play fiddle foot haggling games and waste time. I'm not a tire kicker. I'll pass. Thanks & good luck with your sale.

Piercyexclusive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do appreciate your email & answering all of my questions but you didn't answer the most important question, which was price. I don't wanna play fiddle foot haggling games and waste time. I'm not a tire kicker. I'll pass. Thanks & good luck with your sale.

I'll have to agree. Your gonna have to post a price then everyone can pm a reasonable offer. Good luck though.

cuetipper

Registered
So here we are, five days after I posted the lathe for sale.
I had hoped this would be a place to get some help in selling it and also give someone a good deal on the lathe.

There are 15 replies to my post.
Or should i say 1 TRUE response.
The other twelve are from :
danny turner
Mr Hoppe
Craig Fales
Piercyexclusive
manwon

You five embody the reason that this forum is held in such disdain by so many. Every one of you arm chair quarterbacks spend more time playing referee than the game. Not ONE of your comments are on topic or helpful.
Who the hell cares about the size of the picture I posted!

After looking at your post history that is what you all do, stand around rubbing your dick and messing things up for everyone else. No wonder no one can get any help here as people are BORED reading your BS.

I had ONE serous inquiry, the rest of you should have listened to your mothers and not said SH^T as you had nothing worth saying at all.

Sadly the one person that showed true interest here was not able to commit to it.

BUT I DID SELL IT.
AND WITH NO HELP FROM THIS FORUM.
I Shipped I today to a person in TEXAS who say my add on Craig s List.
He told me he looked on this forum but could not stand the BS so went shopping elsewhere.

This forum could have been such a good place for professionals and semi professionals to help each other out and what we ended up with is nothing more than a herd of wannabes sitting around eating Cheetos in their underwear.

I pity you all.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here we are, five days after I posted the lathe for sale.
I had hoped this would be a place to get some help in selling it and also give someone a good deal on the lathe.

There are 15 replies to my post.
Or should i say 1 TRUE response.
The other twelve are from :
danny turner
Mr Hoppe
Craig Fales
Piercyexclusive
manwon

You five embody the reason that this forum is held in such disdain by so many. Every one of you arm chair quarterbacks spend more time playing referee than the game. Not ONE of your comments are on topic or helpful.
Who the hell cares about the size of the picture I posted!

After looking at your post history that is what you all do, stand around rubbing your dick and messing things up for everyone else. No wonder no one can get any help here as people are BORED reading your BS.

I had ONE serous inquiry, the rest of you should have listened to your mothers and not said SH^T as you had nothing worth saying at all.

Sadly the one person that showed true interest here was not able to commit to it.

BUT I DID SELL IT.
AND WITH NO HELP FROM THIS FORUM.
I Shipped I today to a person in TEXAS who say my add on Craig s List.
He told me he looked on this forum but could not stand the BS so went shopping elsewhere.

This forum could have been such a good place for professionals and semi professionals to help each other out and what we ended up with is nothing more than a herd of wannabes sitting around eating Cheetos in their underwear.

I pity you all.

My good buddy Danny was ready to buy it and I know Eric Crisp would have also purchased it if he wanted it as well. If you wanted to really move the lathe you should have posted a price. This should be common sense to most, but obviously not to all I see.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
No price posted, no PMs accepted, just make an offer - but a reasonable one...

It was easy to tell that your sale was not going to go well. This is not an on-line auction site, there are plenty of those elsewhere. If you want to sell something here, post an asking price and then your potential customers have something to work with. Several people asked you to do exactly that, but you chose to ignore the requests. Now you want to whine about it... :rolleyes: