New Raffle Site Poll

Where should we consider our new raffle home to be?

• Lee Peppers

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • bklynjava

Votes: 46 46.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
Not being able to edit your original post is a problem.
On Noobforums you can do everything the same as you always did here.
I didn't want this to turn into a popularity contest we all know who will win, but rather just give the community a place to run the raffles the same as they did here.

It would be good if a non biased member could put up a raffle on both sites and post the pros and cons.

Obviously I am not as popular as LP but this is about whats best for the community and votes should be based on the site that could better accommodate the raffles not who we like or know longer.

Agreed! People need to be looking past who is more "Popular" and be looking at what is going to be easier. Why wouldnt we want a site EXACTLY like AZ?

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
if one site is just like we have here on AZ and one site is not why don't we go for the one that is just like we have here?

If Lee's site can be changed to open up the options that would be great, but why would we want to take a step back.
I'm not an expert on websites but i don't understand why more these options can't be added. If it is a cost issue I would have no problem donating to the fund.

I will explain one more time.
It has nothing to do with cost. I talked to my webhost. IT ISNT AN OPTION.
I dont know why.
Like I said I really dont care but this looks like its going to get ugly. I see this poll may have hurt the other persons feelings.
I originally posted FIRST to try to help and also posted if someone had a better idea it should be brought out.
Lets be real ... if you could edit posts on my website I seriosly doubt the poll would be as close as it is.
Its all about raffle experience and trust, not website experience.
brklnjva hasnt been on here very long and that might be an issue with some people.
I didnt realize when I offered to help I would be dragged into a debate over whos is better.
I admitted twice before.. his site is better. Vote accordingly.

I also think this poll should only be used by people that run raffles.
To the contestants it makes no difference. You post wanting spots the same on both sites. I have already set up a sample raffle on my site.
Its simple... If you dont want to run a raffle that way vote for the other site.

Im a gnats ass away from shutting my forum/raffle section down and not having anymore raffles.
Everytime, and I mean everytime, I stick my neck out to help on this site, some one tries to chop it off.
I've received a few PMs telling me or implying that my site sucks and the other site is better, ok, vote for the other site.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I dont know why.
Like I said I really dont care but this looks like its going to get ugly. I see this poll may have hurt the other persons feelings.
I originally posted FIRST to try to help and also posted if someone had a better idea it should be brought out.
Lets be real ... if you could edit posts on my website I seriosly doubt the poll would be as close as it is.
brklnjva hasnt been on here very long and that might be an issue with some people.
I didnt realize when I offered to help I would be dragged into a debate over whos is better.

To the contestants it makes no difference. You post wanting spots the same on both sites. I have already set up a sample raffle on my site.
Its simple... If you dont want to run a raffle that way vote for the other site.

Im a gnats ass away from shutting my forum/raffle section down and not having anymore raffles.
Everytime, and I mean everytime, I stick my neck out to help on this site, some one tries to chop it off.
I've received a few PMs telling me or implying that my site sucks and the other site is better, ok, vote for the other site.

Not that it matters, but I agree with Lee.

If you actually run raffles, shut up and vote. There is no need for PMs (other than a "thank you" to those who offered a service).
If you just participate, shut up and don't vote. All participants do is post which number they want out of the raffle. Both sites accommodate that.

Stop harassing those trying to help. I regestered for both sites; Im just a participant; I don't care who is chosen.

Have fun.

Josh

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

If you actually run raffles, shut up and vote. There is no need for PMs (other than a "thank you" to those who offered a service).
If you just participate, shut up and don't vote. All participants do is post which number they want out of the raffle. Both sites accommodate that.

Stop harassing those trying to help. I regestered for both sites; Im just a participant; I don't care who is chosen.

Have fun.

Josh

I agree, we are both looking to help there is no reason to knock either of us.
I offered the service cause the sites run the same Bulletin Boards.

My opinion is just start raffles like boradriver suggested and use the one you like best.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
I don't care which site it is but being able to edit your original post on a thread to keep all the info on the raffle in one spot is much nicer in my opinion. We never had a problem with that option here on AZ that I'm aware of.

Thats fine and I agree.
Its a matter of opinion.
It is much nicer but not really necessary.
In my opinion flipping back and forth from last post page to original post page is a pain when Im updating the contestant list.
On my site the updated contestant list will be on the last posted page.
Its like a rolling updated list. I have actually seen that done on here a couple of times.
Like I said its a matter of opinion and I dont think its good or bad just different.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I dont know why.

Not sure if your referring to the PM's you and I exchanged but either way I have voted the way I feel.

So far from what I see in the posts I don't see anyhting that is ugly or negative. It is just people discussing their points and trying to come to a resolution.
I think all of us want these raffles to continue and I have personally thanked both for offering their websites to continue these raffles.

As someone who has done many raffles my only concern is having all the options available that we currently have on AZ. Also making it as easy as possible and keep all the information in one spot. When you have a raffle that moves fast it can be tough enough to keep track of things and having info spread out over multiple pages is an issue for me.

I only mentioned donating money if it would help. I know a few places that do web hosting and every option you add has a cost. I felt that if they would charge you extra that there is no reason you should have to come out of pocket for it. I understand that with your web host it is not an option and thats fine.

I say leave them both open and let people post where they want. I for one would be happy with posting raffles on both sites and see how they go.

There is no need for anyone to get upset or argue over this.

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0

Have fun.

Josh

LOL this just makes me laugh for some reason, not even really sure why.

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0
54 have voted so far.
Having 2 sites is gonna split the viewers up some. We were trying to resolve this quickly, as the raffle section here will be removed soon.

Let the voter's decide, this soap boxing and politicking doesn't need to continue. Everyone is an adult here and can visit the sites and form their own educated opinion.

50 or so of the voter's had no issue with just casting their vote.

One raffle site is the best solution to maintain a strong raffle community and get them filled as quick as possible. We are thankful 2 members have stepped up and presented us with viable options, they should be appreciated not ridiculed for trying to help.

Jon

Last edited:

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
54 have voted so far.
Having 2 sites is gonna split the viewers up some. We were trying to resolve this quickly, as the raffle section here will be removed soon.

Let the voter's decide, this soap boxing and politicking doesn't need to continue. Everyone is an adult here and can visit the sites and form their own educated opinion.

One raffle site is the best solution to maintain a strong raffle community and get them filled as quick as possible. We are thankful 2 members have stepped up and presented us with viable options, they should be appreciated not ridiculed for trying to help.

Jon

I have voted the way I feel based on options available on each site and on my opinion. My vote has nothing to do with either of these 2 guys personally.

Who has been ridiculed for trying to help? If either feels that have been privately I think they should make it public.

LPCUSTOMCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
180   0   0
54 have voted so far.

Jon

I agree 100%

Its like a Ford guy and a Chevy guy.
You will never convince one that the others is better when in fact they are both good, just different.

There are pros and cons to both.

I wasnt trying to soap box but I was a little set back about some PMs I received.

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Like to new raffle??

I know that everyone is asking where to put the raffles and if this was mentioned and I missed it, I'm sorry but what I'm curious about is notification that they exist without having to monitor multiple forums.

Now with the consideration that Raffles were outlawed on AZ for whatever unclear reason. Are there any issues about having notifications on here about raffles opening on whichever site ends up having them? It would be great if there was a raffle sticky in the wanted/for sale section or threads mentioning raffles at least opening as an alert of some kind. Some of them fill up quickly especially Lee's and I know that not all of us are constantly viewing the raffle section of this site.

onebadscorpio72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well ... I am bias and will not vote ... Iv'e only had 1 raffle that I ran .... I am in more than a hand full all the time ...so anywhere that this is decided to be I will continue to be right there in them..so please everyone just vote ...so we can get this started and i can spend all my money again...

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Ever who wins better be careful or buy a lot of cue components:D. Im sure there is a terms of agreement stating facilitation of illegal activity from the hosting company. So your site may be pulled without notice. Even though almost every hosting co. will give you the option to remove any links or content violating the terms. Make sure as the site owner that you adopt a similar terms of agreement pertaining to those that sign up as part of the forum. Because if you dont you will be liable for any damages awarded by a court of law. I would not even list the word raffle (unless it was obtained by permit or organized for non-profit organizations) on my site for the reason that you would be offering a venue for illegal activity. Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary". Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps:thumbup:
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.:D

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Each raffle holder will be paying for a digital copy of one of my apps.

ithemeit.gif

1. iThemeit
  2. Nunlock
  3. VistaJal
  4. MyiTones

See them here: http://noobforums.com :thumbup:

It's now a win win for everyone and legal.
:thumbup:

This kind of a system here on AZB would work to keep the raffles open. A digital copy of how to shoot a better game of pool. Type it up yourself and when the raffle is over everone gets a copy they paid for. DONE|:thumbup:

Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary".Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps:thumbup:
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.:D

Last edited:

XxMerlinxX

Pleased As Punch
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it should be on bklynjava's site, it makes no sense to do it on a board where you can't edit posts (no offense LP).

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I think it should be on bklynjava's site, it makes no sense to do it on a board where you can't edit posts (no offense LP).

Thanks Merlin I have been setting up the modifications to the section and site so when we start everything will run pretty smooth.

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0
Voting closes at 3 today. Get your new raffles ready! I trust everyone will honor the outcome, no matter which site is voted winner. Big thanks to LP and bklyn for offering us their help. AZ is lucky to have had two options to help resolve this fiasco.

Jon

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Voting closes at 3 today. Get your new raffles ready! I trust everyone will honor the outcome, no matter which site is voted winner. Big thanks to LP and bklyn for offering us their help. AZ is lucky to have had two options to help resolve this fiasco.

Jon

BkylnJava has put a lot of effort into this. Great job! Looks great! I like the familiarity of the vBullentin and the added protection offered by BkylnJava. I think that both sites should be kept up as an option. Because of the work that went into making it happen. It would be a shame for a person to have to do all this work for nothing. What may work better for one person may not for another.

Last edited: