What kind of jump cues do you have?

Vikingfan129

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking Valhalla VAL013, got it free when I bought my V129-BL from Billiards Warehouse. Now, just need to learn how to use it :)

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried a Stealth a few years back, was okay for me but not great. Then had a Predator Air that I just sold.

Just ordered a Lomax, looking forward to not only the playability but should look great too!

Scott

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump Cue

I have used the inexpensive Cuetec Jump cue for years. It is like a "Point N Shoot". The reason is simple, the shaft is HEAVY (over 5 oz.) and the hollow butt is LIGHT (less than 4 oz), so the tip is already pointing down when you grip it. It has a very hard buffalo tip at 13+mm and can jump from a few inches from a ball to full table jumps AND it has control to where you can (if you want), jump draw ! F.Y.I.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poison jump cues are great, lots of pro's using them these days (which actually doesnt mean much)

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
i have a ricco cervantes made for robertson's in florida. never really used it much. i like how it hit just shooting balls in.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott Stinger J/B

Jumps a lot better than I do and I don't have to have an extra jump handle in my case since it's my breaker (breaks like a monster too)

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been doing some experimenting lately making jump cues out of 40-50 year old bar cues. Pretty amazing.

When you figure that a good jump cue needs to have a stiff shaft, I couldn't think of anything stiffer than a decades old bar cue. I have put a 3/8 10 pin in a flat faced joint and installed a one piece phenolic ferrule/tip. I strip and sand the finished product but keep some of the "bar rash" which is enhanced by the new finish. Also, the darker hue of the old wood is pretty cool.

I have made about a half dozen so far and have been searching for more raw materials.

They are really unique, especially if you like the historic aspect and most importantly, do the job very well.

Last edited:

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a lomax two piece (great as a general jump cue) and then a jacoby with a g10 for close more vertical jumps.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jump cue

Mark Oeslager Purple Heart with a Odega tip is by far the best I have used. Jumps unbelievable full cue or broken down, and the Odega tip is a must.