realkingcobra is the man!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a Brunswick Gibson unaltered, would 15lbs be good for the type of rails on it? This thread is fascinating , thx op and rkc

No, those have the stamped out floating nut anchor, 12lbs max. The threads in those are only about 2 1/2 threads to hold a 3/8" bolt. And they're thin stamped out 3/32" flat bar, they bend in half if to tight. In fact, yours uses the all thread rod, with a nut and dome washer.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
That's exactly what I'm talking about. FWIW, a week from today I'm putting a GC I in my 16x25' family room, which has a bar and a fireplace; there are 4 fireplaces in this 4,400 sq. ft. Georgian colonial. I could put a couple of pool tables in this house if I wanted to.

I thought the miniature pool table was a fun idea, interesting exercise. But not because it was the only alternative.

Fine, you don't want a discussion, I get it.
Just call the pool table maker in Costa Rica. They make kids tables any size you want with solid cocobolo. The are nice tables.

w0409@aol.com

Registered
Thank You, Thank You and again Thank You!

My three year old Pro Am had no bolts anywhere near 15 Ft Lbs. I tightened to 10 Ft Lbs and two days later to 15. Sound, banking and pockets are changed.

I now wonder what else I should be checking to have the best possible table to beat the balls around? Would be willing to pay for a guide to check set up and properly level my table.

What else did the “factory” installers fail to correctly do?

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

JL in ATL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks RKC!

Thank You, Thank You and again Thank You!

My three year old Pro Am had no bolts anywhere near 15 Ft Lbs. I tightened to 10 Ft Lbs and two days later to 15. Sound, banking and pockets are changed.

I now wonder what else I should be checking to have the best possible table to beat the balls around? Would be willing to pay for a guide to check set up and properly level my table.

What else did the “factory” installers fail to correctly do?

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

My 7' Pro-Am is being set up by the Diamond installers on Friday - I will be watching for a torque wrench (but not hovering too much).

Regards,

John

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Is Locktite ever used on the rail bolts?

No, never used it, won't work anyway for wood shrinkage which is what causes the bolts to come loose. Besides that, thread lock is a dangerous thing to put on a bolt that is threaded into a T-nut mounted in the middle of the rails, I can see it now, go to loosen the rail bolts and all you end up doing is spinning the T-nut....then what??

Bryce1552

Registered
realkingcobra
any advise on a 1990's AE Schmidt, it looks quite a bit different than those shown on the GC's posted just a washer against the I was kind of timid torquing them down on install because I was afraid I'd spin the inserts that go into the rails out as I noticed notorious ones had been "repaired" by sandwiching the nearby wood the insets that receive the rail bolts.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
realkingcobra
any advise on a 1990's AE Schmidt, it looks quite a bit different than those shown on the GC's posted just a washer against the I was kind of timid torquing them down on install because I was afraid I'd spin the inserts that go into the rails out as I noticed notorious ones had been "repaired" by sandwiching the nearby wood the insets that receive the rail bolts.

Right around 8ft lbs.

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, never used it, won't work anyway for wood shrinkage which is what causes the bolts to come loose. Besides that, thread lock is a dangerous thing to put on a bolt that is threaded into a T-nut mounted in the middle of the rails, I can see it now, go to loosen the rail bolts and all you end up doing is spinning the T-nut....then what??

OK thank you.

Bryce1552

Registered
Thank's when I go to check them if one is beyond 8lbs already is it recommended that I back it or just leave it be?

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 7 ft diamond pro am. I got a 3/8 inch torque wrench and extensions but they seem to small to fit over the bolts??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a 7 ft diamond pro am. I got a 3/8 inch torque wrench and extensions but they seem to small to fit over the bolts??

By any chance, do you happen to have a 9/16" socket on the end of the extension, because the extension itself won't work on the head of the bolt...LOL

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
I have a Peter's billiards table (local to MN custom table). I'm not sure what I would want to torque these bolts to. Based on the conversation and pictures, it seems like most situations have a washer going into wood on the back side of the slate. In this particular construction, the domed washer is directly against the backside of the slate (see pic).

Should I torque these to any recommended spec?

Attachments

• IMG_7322.jpg
    IMG_7322.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 179

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a Peter's billiards table (local to MN custom table). I'm not sure what I would want to torque these bolts to. Based on the conversation and pictures, it seems like most situations have a washer going into wood on the back side of the slate. In this particular construction, the domed washer is directly against the backside of the slate (see pic).

Should I torque these to any recommended spec?

Yes, but what kind of nut, anchor, or nut plate is used to thread the rail bolts into in order to bolt them down to the.slate?

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
Unfortunately, I don’t know. I will need to email the maker to see, or take all the rails off.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Unfortunately, I don’t know. I will need to email the maker to see, or take all the rails off.

Well, at the moment, post some picture of the table, and pockets and I'll try and determine what kind of anchors might have been used.