TAR and JA
Old
  (#1)
EasyMoney
AzB Silver Member
EasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

TAR and JA - 06-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Maybe I'm being too critical, but was anybody else bothered by JA's cavalier attitude in which he played the TAR match-ups. Its one thing to respect your opponent but it was almost a give-up attitude like the give-up stroke before either match started. I think it bothered Shane not so much Busty and he played it up with all the can't win comments, singing, dancing, etc. I've seen him in action many times and he was always very serious it felt disrespectful to TAR and his opponents almost like the kid who is not trying his best so he can have an excuse for the loss?

Anybody else see that?

Old
  (#2)
champ2107
Banned
champ2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond reputechamp2107 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-03-2012, 11:17 AM

you guys have to learn to enjoy the match and stop looking for shit you can post on this board. Pro pool players like everyone else are not perfect and stop expecting perfection out of them.

Old
  (#3)
EasyMoney
AzB Silver Member
EasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond reputeEasyMoney has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 11:32 AM

There is a difference between perfection and acting like you care about the result. And douchebag I don't know who your lumping me in with but Ive bought almost every tar match and never posted a complaint.

Old
  (#4)
mikeyfrost
Socially Aware
mikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to mikeyfrost  
06-03-2012, 11:35 AM

I always look at that stuff like a nervous response to a tough situation. I thought the more JA talked the more he was feeling the heat. Busty is tough as hell to face. I just appreciated them being gentlemen and getting it on and letting the score settle it.

I ain't feeling the Bern and I'll never get Trumped. The Clintons had their chance with me but they're the reason my cousin is still locked up. - Nick Cannon

Old
  (#5)
dorabelle
AzB Silver Member
dorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 11:36 AM

Johnny, I think you read these threads. Thanks for the few weekends of great pool. It was very enjoyable. Dont let anyone get you down. You were a gentleman and a great sport. Cant wait to watch you in the future. Your great for pool.

Old
  (#6)
spanky79
AzB Silver Member
spanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMoney View Post
Maybe I'm being too critical, but was anybody else bothered by JA's cavalier attitude in which he played the TAR match-ups. Its one thing to respect your opponent but it was almost a give-up attitude like the give-up stroke before either match started. I think it bothered Shane not so much Busty and he played it up with all the can't win comments, singing, dancing, etc. I've seen him in action many times and he was always very serious it felt disrespectful to TAR and his opponents almost like the knalid who is not trying his best so he can have an excuse for the loss?

Anybody else see that?
Yes, I do think you are looking way to deep into things. There is a big difference in how you act when your are betting your own. I was not the biggest JA fan 2 weeks ago, but he acted as professional as anyone could have these past 2 weeks. Justin seemed very happy with the way everyone acted and that is the only person who matters. I am sure you will see more of JA on TAR in the future.

Old
  (#7)
PoolBum
AzB Silver Member

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

06-03-2012, 11:45 AM

I watched both matches in their entirety and thought Johnny took both matches seriously and tried his best in both. I also thought he was respectful to his opponents, to TAR, and to the viewers.

Old
  (#8)
EasyMoney
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2012, 11:55 AM

OK if most don't see it then I must be being too critical.

But it bugs the crap out of me that people like champ and dorabelle get on here and think the pros need their reassurance or protection. This is the real world and as in all other sports you have some players you pull for (filipinos, Shane, DA) and some that annoy you (JA, CW, SP), JA's behavior annoyed me and I'm sure there are some people that work for me have similar views of me. I would rather be aware of it (as long as its not blatantly disrespectful) than be blind to it. I also think that it is not just Justin's opinion that matters, but the opinion of his customers; myself and those that purchase the matches that matters. I will also say I agree with Justin and TAR 99% of the time so I wouldn't be surprised if the antics did bother him - but thats not my call. I admit I was pulling against JA, but I still wanted his best game and I'm not sure we got that - again JMO.

Old
  (#9)
Put_upor_shutup
AzB Silver Member
Put_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond reputePut_upor_shutup has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 11:57 AM

I think he just wanted to losen up a little for viewers and make it a little more exciting..U can bet he was still buckled down tryin to get it done though...My 2...

See this table [pointing to a coffee table], there is hardly a man that canít stand up on this table and walk from one end to the other. But put that table 500 feet in the air and you couldnít get him to stand on the table. Itís the same table, itís just his imagination that has control over him at that particular time and he doesnít want to get on the table. -Jaffar 'Patch Eye' Basheer(onepocket.org interview)

Old
  (#10)
bfdlad
T-Wheels
bfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Well Easy, I guess we all have our opinions and I think you are way off base here with this one. Nomatter how it may have seemed to you I don't think anyone belives that JA wasn't trying. First he beat SVB and the Busty match was a tough one but he still managed to get a few racks up on the board. To me if you are not trying against Busty final score is 25-0.
As far as the attitude, JA has gotten a little older and wiser and does not feel the need to be as stern as you have seen him before. JA is a really nice guy and fun loving. I am glad to see others getting to see that other side of him. I don't believe it was afectying his game in fact I think it helped his game.
Well thats all I got to say about that. However I must add that unless you know JA and his personality I can understand why you would think that way. If you are not used to seeing that I can see how it may have come across as either cocky or disrespectful. I am not JA's official spokesperson here but I can tell you with 100% certainty that JA would not do something to intenionally hurt, TAR or disrespect them. He has alot of respect for what they do and for putting these things together. He was happy to be a part of it. I'm sure he would have been happier if he won but as they say "You can't win em all" My 2 cents.

Mark Cantrill
Legends and Champions Pool Tour
480-612-7732

Old
  (#11)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2012, 12:15 PM

what bfdlad said....X2

Old
  (#12)
spanky79
AzB Silver Member
spanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond reputespanky79 has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdlad View Post
Well Easy, I guess we all have our opinions and I think you are way off base here with this one. Nomatter how it may have seemed to you I don't think anyone belives that JA wasn't trying. First he beat SVB and the Busty match was a tough one but he still managed to get a few racks up on the board. To me if you are not trying against Busty final score is 25-0.
As far as the attitude, JA has gotten a little older and wiser and does not feel the need to be as stern as you have seen him before. JA is a really nice guy and fun loving. I am glad to see others getting to see that other side of him. I don't believe it was afectying his game in fact I think it helped his game.
Well thats all I got to say about that. However I must add that unless you know JA and his personality I can understand why you would think that way. If you are not used to seeing that I can see how it may have come across as either cocky or disrespectful. I am not JA's official spokesperson here but I can tell you with 100% certainty that JA would not do something to intenionally hurt, TAR or disrespect them. He has alot of respect for what they do and for putting these things together. He was happy to be a part of it. I'm sure he would have been happier if he won but as they say "You can't win em all" My 2 cents.
MArk, with as much time as you have spent with JA, if anyone would know him it would be you. I for one was happy to see this side of JA. I didn't really care for him before these last 2 weeks. The way he acted we nice to see. The fast that he took the time to thank the pool world for what they did for him and his family when his son was sick, and watching him get emotional, shows me the type of man he is.

Old
  (#13)
dorabelle
AzB Silver Member
dorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond reputedorabelle has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMoney View Post
OK if most don't see it then I must be being too critical.

But it bugs the crap out of me that people like champ and dorabelle get on here and think the pros need their reassurance or protection. This is the real world and as in all other sports you have some players you pull for (filipinos, Shane, DA) and some that annoy you (JA, CW, SP), JA's behavior annoyed me and I'm sure there are some people that work for me have similar views of me. I would rather be aware of it (as long as its not blatantly disrespectful) than be blind to it. I also think that it is not just Justin's opinion that matters, but the opinion of his customers; myself and those that purchase the matches that matters. I will also say I agree with Justin and TAR 99% of the time so I wouldn't be surprised if the antics did bother him - but thats not my call. I admit I was pulling against JA, but I still wanted his best game and I'm not sure we got that - again JMO.
Im sorry dude but this is beyond nitty.
You're the one who mentioned my name so here goes.
After every match, there is someone who comes on feeling the importance to berate and nit pick the behavior of the players. These people (pros- call them what you want) have personalities and emotions. It bugs the crap out of me that people demand for them to act like robots. How you see Johnny being disrespectful to TAR is crazy. There are spotsmanship conduct rules and Im not aware of Busty making issue with any. Its funny because this is a thread about a player being too NICE!! They cant win with you guys. This is stupid. Nobody owes you anything.

Last edited by dorabelle; 06-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Old
  (#14)
oldplayer
AzB Silver Member
oldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond reputeoldplayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2012, 12:31 PM

what dorabelle said....X2

Old
  (#15)
dorabelle
AzB Silver Member

06-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Im sorry if Im being too harsh. Dont mean to be.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: