TOI dvd problems.

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my toi DVD today. I tried watching it on my ps3 and it wouldn't play. I then tried my brothers newer ps3 and it didn't even read it. I tried my laptop and desktop PC's and neither would play it and my bluray player spit it out. Did I get a bad DVD or is there a secret way I have to watch it.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got my toi DVD today. I tried watching it on my ps3 and it wouldn't play. I then tried my brothers newer ps3 and it didn't even read it. I tried my laptop and desktop PC's and neither would play it and my bluray player spit it out. Did I get a bad DVD or is there a secret way I have to watch it.

Same thing here... I pm'ed with CJ about it on Thurs 2/14/2013. I resent my name and address in the PM and said he'd ship out another that day. Its only been 3 mailing days sense last Thursday (no Sat mail and Monday was a holiday as well). Still waiting though. :)

scooter_banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Easy fix...when you put in the DVD you have to use a "touch of outside" to equalize the "touch of inside".

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
CJ took care of another guy who had some DVD issue if I recall. He'll make sure to treat you right. If you open up My Computer on that desktop or laptop... then pop it in... does the icon change for your DVD drive? Does the text next to the icon change from "DVD drive" to something else? If so, it's probably watchable, you just have to manually start playing it. Sometimes DVDs don't want to automatically start.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have noticed a lot of problems with DVDs ordered from players, or instructors. I have 3 different DVD players and no matter which one I use many DVDs pixel, freeze and are basically useless. The last one I got worked once and then I started getting messages on the screen that the DVD was dirty. I treat them very carefully and don't understand how it can be dirty and not play. I doubt that customers of Blockbuster another video rental treats them better than I do.

I think it may be that they use low quality discs and don't make them the same as the big commercial companies.

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
I am in the computer industry and have been for 20 years. I am not inferring this is the problem, but when i see this, its almost always low quality media that was written to at a higher speed than suggested by manufacturer.

cluelesscuer : usually when you see that area your region code doesnt match between the dvd and the device you are using to play, being region 1 or region 2. or can be a result of PAL or NTSC.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
I have the same problem with the video I just received. I tried it in 4 different DVD players. They come up with a read error an will not load at all. I can get it to play on my computer for a few minutes before it freezes and quits. CJ might have got a bad batch of DVD's in? I sent him an email through his website where I ordered it from. Not sure if he received my email yet, I'm waiting for a response. I'm sure he will make good. Looking forward to watching the DVD.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Keep the faith, he'll send replacements out asap, let him know who and where you are.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I would say from my DVD experience I was getting 1-2 bad DVDs out of every 100 which is not too bad but I would still get an unhappy customer here and there, I would promptly send them another along with a freebie and all was well. :smile:

Big Fish

Registered
My T.O.I dvd will also not play, I to get " Playback prohibited by area limitations " on my DVD player.
I also bought the " Inside Secrets " DVD and it plays fine .
I waited a long time to see this DVD and still can't.

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cj messaged me and mentioned they had switched the coding they use and some might be bad. He is making a new one and sending it. If anyone else is having problems let cj know and he'll fix it.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Does not play on my Sony BlueRay player but plays fine on my computer.