Chinese knockoff table: 7ft Gold Crown V

SRLU74

I have been reading this forum for some weeks now and this is my first post.The corona virus and spending all the time indoors with my wife and 4 kids at 10, 11, 13 and 16 have given me some time to think.

The result: I’m getting a pool table.

I want my kids to have other activities indoor than computergames like fortnite. This is what I tell my wife :D.The other reason is that I love to watch (mostly snooker) and play pool myself. But its 20 years since I visited a pool room.

In my basement I have a room (5m x 3.5m) that will have to do for a 7ft table. The problem is that I cant spend a lot of money and there is not that many used tables where I live in Norway. Because of this I have been in contact with some manufactures in China, why pay extra to some import-company in Norway. The Gold Crown V knockoff looks like a solid table and Jiujiang Ronsen LTD produce it in 7ft. 1inch slate, solid wood frame, stainless steel, Andy900 cloth and Aramith premium balls. Price included shipping to my home port in Norway is 1360$ for 1 item. (+25% tax).

What do you experts think. Go for it or not?
High-grade-professional-indoor-home-pool.html

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your going to need to find someone to transport it from the port and set it up for you. If cost is an issue for you make sure you factor that in.

sorry, I don't know anything about the table quality or how it plays.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
25 % tax!
:banghead:

Agreed dont buy a Chinese table.
You might send the money and get nothing.
Then what?
Dont trust dealing directly with Chinese companies.
A friend of mine sent money to a Chinese pool cue site and got nothing.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I have been reading this forum for some weeks now and this is my first post.The corona virus and spending all the time indoors with my wife and 4 kids at 10, 11, 13 and 16 have given me some time to think.

I want my kids to have other activities indoor than computergames like fortnite. This is what I tell my wife :D.The other reason is that I love to watch (mostly snooker) and play pool myself. But its 20 years since I visited a pool room.

In my basement I have a room (5m x 3.5m) that will have to do for a 7ft table. The problem is that I cant spend a lot of money and there is not that many used tables where I live in Norway. Because of this I have been in contact with some manufactures in China, why pay extra to some import-company in Norway. The Gold Crown V knockoff looks like a solid table and Jiujiang Ronsen LTD produce it in 7ft. 1inch slate, solid wood frame, stainless steel, Andy900 cloth and Aramith premium balls. Price included shipping to my home port in Norway is 1360$ for 1 item. (+25% tax).

It's probably going to be ok. The specs do seem allright, but there is one important factor regarding durability and quality that I didn't see specified, and that's proper hardwood rails. Fibreboard rails do not hold up as well or play as well as proper hardwood rails. Also, you should make sure the rail profile (rubber) is either k66 or k55. I tried following the link, but it was impossible to read, due to huge banners taking up 90% of the screen, and couldn't be closed.

1 inch slate should be more than ok on such a small table. The cloth and balls are also good. Make sure that you are not hit with some sort of huge customs bill on it, though.

SRLU74

Thank you all for replying.
The table has solid wood rails, K66 cushions and I am planning on assembly it myself (rails have cloth on). If I buy it payment would be through Alibaba.com and their trade insurance. Will probably wait and see if a good used table is for sale. But a Gold Crown, even a knockoff, looks real nice.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
China has about 75% of the Billiard table market. The most popular billiards game is Chinese 8 ball.

‘Joy’ tables are top notch.

However, I wouldn’t purchase a table that wasn’t local. Too many potential issues to list.

You can get a very good used table for that price.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Don't mess with a table from China.

Be a man of principle.

I would take the table...sounds like a good deal.

...and Hank....I’m sending this post from a device made in China.....
...you probably are too....don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, you will need a 50" cue for the short direction. Standard cues are 58".

Get the cheapest table you can find IMO, does not matter what country it was made in. Your circumstances are not ideal:
-The room is too small.
-You said you are going to put the table together by yourself. (no offense meant, but without specialized tools and much prior table installation experience, the cloth will probably be too loose, and the table un-level).

So why pay 1000's more if it won't be ideal anyway. That Brunswick clone will be fine, and will probably look super sharp as well.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would try to network a little and find a used one or put an ad that your looking for one.
Make sure there is no hidden customs duties.
3 years ago I finally got a table for my garage. It's an 8ft. Imperial Eliminator with 1 in. slate. 3 years ago it was 1600, now its 1900usd.
It came with Championship Invitational cloth, which is not worsted, and a lot slower than I am used to.

Attachments

• 8ft.jpg
    8ft.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:

SRLU74

Thanks. A lot of the cheap tables I can find in Norway, used or new, are often cheap china- imported table. In Norway they are sold through different companys as European made and cost 1500-2000$.(they even use the same pictures). From the manufactor in China they are priced at 400-500$. The China knockoff table I am looking at are way better quality and cost a lot more.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Thanks. A lot of the cheap tables I can find in Norway, used or new, are often cheap - imported table. In Norway they are sold through different companys as European made and cost 1500-2000$.(they even use the same pictures). From the manufactor in China they are priced at 400-500$. The China knockoff table I am looking at are way better quality and cost a lot more.

From what I understand the interior support woods in those tables are
plywood and they don't hold up well over time. I would suggest a cheap table for your kids vs. going through all of that for what will be a cheap table.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...this is the place for expert opinions.

on that room size, for fun and competition? very doable.

6' table with the cushion set up for 2 1/16" balls with snooker bend pocket protection.

Looks to me there's a market for such scheme with petulance and disease getting all
the fame these days. There's no reason to think that the days of old, peace and the
perfect union will reappear again with the tools that the factions have now available.

...well, unless there is a clear and decisive winner in this game of petulance and disease.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
...this is the place for expert opinions.

on that room size, for fun and competition? very doable.

6' table with the cushion set up for 2 1/16" balls with snooker bend pocket protection.

Looks to me there's a market for such scheme with petulance and disease getting all
the fame these days. There's no reason to think that the days of old, peace and the
perfect union will reappear again with the tools that the factions have now available.

...well, unless there is a clear and decisive winner in this game of petulance and disease.

Why the non standard diameter balls all the time?? I never see them mentioned by anyone else??:confused::confused::confused:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm just thinking scale, getting the most out of the space comfortably so you can get down
and stretch a little on a finer target to a... say a 3 1/2" pocket or so, less.
The old form following the function stuff, then that all re-adjusts to personal choice thing,
it may be back to square one...