do you bring your own rack to the bar when you gamble ?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
cue & chalk. that's it. i can rack even without a rack.

(back then i did not even have a case for the cue. i just put 2 rubber bands to fasten the cue & shaft, so i can easily carry it.)

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I have a hard enough time not feeling like an utter prat when I bust out my couple of cubes of blue diamond chalk. My own rack would crossing a line of some kind. Sorta like a chalk holder or a glove.... or a bee keepers outfit.

1364390697-178256250319441105.jpg

Lesh

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a custom pocket added to my cue case to carry my delta 13! I bring my own felt too

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
say like you have a delta-13 or a magic rack ? does your opponents seem to care or not ?

I don't play pool in bars but I bring my own rack (Magic Rack) and balls (Centennials) to the pool room whenever I play if I can. I think everybody is grateful they can get a decent rack and play with a matched set.

The better the player, the more finnicky they are about their equipment. Nobody wants to play with beat up junk equipment and plastic racks.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Don't have to. I almost always play at my place, and we have Delta 13 Elite racks and Aramith Super Pro's on all the Simonis 860HR covered Diamonds in the house. And Magic rack behind the bar if you want to use one (no charge of course).. :thumbup:

I know, I'm spoiled, and I spoil my local players as well...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Don't have to. I almost always play at my place, and we have Delta 13 Elite racks and Aramith Super Pro's on all the Simonis 860HR covered Diamonds in the house. And Magic rack behind the bar if you want to use one (no charge of course).. :thumbup:

I know, I'm spoiled, and I spoil my local players as well...

This is the kind of room I would gladly hang around. It's like a dream room. It shows a respect for the game. I hope our customers appreciate the investment you've made for them.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
This is the kind of room I would gladly hang around. It shows a respect for the game.

I love pool, and want the best equipment for my place and players. Simple as that...

And, reasonably priced at only $6 an hour... :thumbup:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I go to a bar specifically to hustle just grab a house cue and start playing.
Always use whatever the house offers and nothing more.
That is unless you don't mind not making any money at it.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I go to a bar specifically to hustle just grab a house cue and start playing.
Always use whatever the house offers and nothing more.
That is unless you don't mind not making any money at it.

This guy gets it. :)

str8shot

Crack Em' Hard
Silver Member
I used to keep my favorite house cue tucked behind the bar just for a gambling situation. But why would you go to the bar with all that gear and expect to find someone wanting to play? Around here if you bring your own cue in most people wont even play for a drink unless they know you. Going to the pool hall is one thing, bar is completely different.

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
I don't play pool in bars but I bring my own rack (Magic Rack) and balls (Centennials) to the pool room whenever I play if I can. I think everybody is grateful they can get a decent rack and play with a matched set.

The better the player, the more finnicky they are about their equipment. Nobody wants to play with beat up junk equipment and plastic racks.

This is 100% not even remotely close to true. I would be downright embarrassed to walk into a "bar" of all places, with my own equipment (racks/balls/glove, etc). If I was going to a pool hall, I would expect decent equipment. If it was horrible, I might bring a Delta-13, but I don't own one. I would never, ever bring a set of balls into an establishment, though. That's utterly ridiculous.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is 100% not even remotely close to true. I would be downright embarrassed to walk into a "bar" of all places, with my own equipment (racks/balls/glove, etc). If I was going to a pool hall, I would expect decent equipment. If it was horrible, I might bring a Delta-13, but I don't own one. I would never, ever bring a set of balls into an establishment, though. That's utterly ridiculous.

I agree.

If I want to play on good equipment, I go to a pool hall or bar that has good equipment.
If I want to play on sub-par equipment, I go to a pool hall or bar that has sub-par equipment. It's that simple. I don't bring my nice leather cue case with my expensive custom cues into a bar with an old Dynamo table nearing the end of total destruction.

Anyone that plays on bad equipment, knows it's bad equipment, and then complains it's bad equipment is an idiot.