Foldable 9ft pool table, does it exist?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to space limitation, and the fact that I really want to have a pool table, I was thinking last night.

Is there a foldable 9ft table out there that I can just pull out and set up quickly to play, then after I'm done, I fold it back and hide it somewhere in my house?

I know there might be Chinese products out there, but I ask here because I want one that is good quality, and when I play on it, I want to feel that it is a real pool table which rolls straight and plays good, with good cushions etc.

If this product doesn't exist, I think nowadays in 2020+ there should be people thinking about ways to invent this, it should be a really good selling product only if when you set it up, it plays just as good as GC or diamond etc.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to space limitation, and the fact that I really want to have a pool table, I was thinking last night.

Is there a foldable 9ft table out there that I can just pull out and set up quickly to play, then after I'm done, I fold it back and hide it somewhere in my house?

I know there might be Chinese products out there, but I ask here because I want one that is good quality, and when I play on it, I want to feel that it is a real pool table which rolls straight and plays good, with good cushions etc.

If this product doesn't exist, I think nowadays in 2020+ there should be people thinking about ways to invent this, it should be a really good selling product only if when you set it up, it plays just as good as GC or diamond etc.
No..............

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is this a joke? A "good GC or Diamond" weighs 1,000+ pounds which is one of the reasons why they play good. To fold one up is impossible to do.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this a joke? A "good GC or Diamond" weighs 1,000+ pounds which is one of the reasons why they play good. To fold one up is impossible to do.
Is it April 1st?? If he'd done a quik search he'd have found that nothing like he describes remotely exists. I'd kinda like a collapseable motorcycle i could bring on a plane. Maybe, just maybe. ;)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed with the impossibility, sorry.

They physical characteristics required of 'solid' table prevent is from being portable in the manner you described.

Like the Beastie boys said: 'you know what I wish? I wish there was some way that I could play basketball outside in the rain and not get wet. Now that would really be something, wouldn't it?'.

:crying:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Mechanically speaking, it could be done. The tough part is leveling each time. I envision a computerized leveling system. That'll be cheap :rolleyes:. The cloth is the big hold back.

I'm sure the whole thing wouldn't measure much more than 5'x7' folded up with all the mechanics needed to fold several hundred pounds.

Piece of cake. We'll get RKC right on it. If anyone could figure out the cloth part it'd be him.

Trent can sell them, shouldn't cost much more than $15-$20,000.

:thumbup:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I think it would be easier to add a slide out to your house...which is to say very difficult, expensive and not a good idea.

Attachments

• aurora-tiny-house-zero-squared-12.jpg
    aurora-tiny-house-zero-squared-12.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 266

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mechanically speaking, it could be done. The tough part is leveling each time. I envision a computerized leveling system. ...
I'm envisioning titanium legs that lock into permanent plates in the floor with diagonal cross braces. I think the one-piece bed could be stored on a custom dolly that allowed it to pivot on the long axis for storage:

legs.jpg

bed+dolly.jpg

If you would like a prototype, I'll need a $50k deposit towards time and materials.

There are tables that convert to dining room tables. I've never actually sat at one to check for comfort.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it April 1st?? If he'd done a quik search he'd have found that nothing like he describes remotely exists. I'd kinda like a collapseable motorcycle i could bring on a plane. Maybe, just maybe. ;)

I seem to remember a tiny motorcycle that was in a metal suit case.
Open the suitcase and unfold it and go.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I'm envisioning titanium legs that lock into permanent plates in the floor with diagonal cross braces. I think the one-piece bed could be stored on a custom dolly that allowed it to pivot on the long axis for storage:

View attachment 536680

View attachment 536681

If you would like a prototype, I'll need a $50k deposit towards time and materials.

There are tables that convert to dining room tables. I've never actually sat at one to check for comfort.

I got a better idea. Legs fold in, bottom of the table is made to be a really nice light fixture, table is hooked to steel cables and lifted up to ceiling. Yeah the light fixture/table hangs a little low but the ceiling could be modified a bit. Still need that computerized level system though.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my first table was a fold up like a card table

I got it for Christmas when I was about 8 or 9 years old

I had a lot of fun on it
Little clay balls

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds like what people at my computer forums look for, a thin light cheap laptop that can play any game and has low power and heat. Too many things prevent doing other things, you are not folding a 1 or 2" slate top into anything.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I’m sure it won’t be as good as gc or diamond obviously, but what I meant was, that it can play just well enough for a practice at home type of table. Whereas if I don’t have any space I can put it away after I’m finished.. I really hope this exists but based on the replays thus far, I don’t think that it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 536680

View attachment 536681

Nice idea there, and initial sketches look very interesting, I know some smart mechanical engineers could come up with something :D this would be cool to experiment with and watch, I myself would build it if you give me an instruction manual, etc.