Worst Instructional Video

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The thread on the worst pool movie got me thinking about the worst instructional video for pool I've ever seen.

Honestly, it's hard to pick just one of Dr. Dave's videos as the worst.

April Fool's!!

But seriously, this has to be the worst ones I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ26KuVWuA8

The slow motion replays are unreal.

Ya gotta love how he toots his own horn at the 9:00 mark.

"It's great to be great."

I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of milk when I heard that. :thumbup:

Maniac

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty boy Floyd’s vid its funny but horrible instruction!
https://youtu.be/fIJk7f85ly8

I would vote for this, if it was a movie it would be The Toxic Avenger. Really bad but has a cult following because it's so bad.

I think a third of the tape is him saying "no trophies, cash" and variations of such and saying how he did with earning money playing, there is about 0 of what I would call instruction.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I clicked on the link, and apparently I already watched it pretty much to the end where the credits start, I want my award.

Thing looks like it was made by a televangelist marketing guru that sells cheap companies instructional material.

Your reward is to press rewind and watch from the beginning:)

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
At one time,someone on here posted the 80's VHS Learn From The Best on Youtube,but can't find it now.

It had a little clip of Wade Crane talking about the break that I think is just about the only video of him speaking. Tommy D.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, as far as actually teaching something, the Jack White video so far is the worst one. Talks about the diamond system in two shots, does not actually explain how it works or about any way to calculate it from a starting position. Shows advanced spin shots in the second section right after how to hold a cue, does not actually show where he is hitting the cueball to do the spin. Shooting in straight shots is like section 6 . Slow motion of holding a cue, wow, just wow.

On the other hand, this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUXX00aSnV4 looks like it's going to be a mess but ends up really well done and explains things that a new player would be able to understand.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the mid to late 1960s he gave an exhibition at Cal every year. In maybe 1966 he showed up with a 20-something helper who was supposed to be some kind of collegiate champ, but no gambling occurred that I heard about. They mentioned that Jack had just played in one of Whalen's tournaments in LA. The kid said that Jack had the high run for the day.

I also saw him about 1970 at Keesler AFB in Biloxi.

He gave a good exhibition. He had a lot of interaction with the audience in the setups and explanations and some of the shooting. Some PG content. I don't recall any really hard shots, but there's no point in bringing that stuff out and risking misses when you have more than enough easy stuff to do an hour.

White also wrote a book with a co-author.

The video is Oscar-quality compared to the Annigoni effort.

Good old Biloxi, Miss. You do know there was action right outside your base. I stopped through there back in the mid 70's. Played some ten and twenty dollar Eight Ball. There was a river or a lake there, I don't remember which. I stopped by the water to count my money and smoke one. It was a beautiful day! :cool:

Last edited: