YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?

Highest number of racks I ran out during a 9-Ball match

• Total voters

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My highest run out was probably in Denver, elevation about one mile. I was stuck three sets and about to lose the fourth, when I slowly eased over toward the door, then when my opponent got down to shoot the 9 I slipped out the door and ran as a fast as I could. I've had other run outs, but none that high.

I had to stop gambling in the Ozarks.....it was too nerve-wracking...:shocked2:

...the sets always seemed to go hill-hill....

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
8-ball. 5 in a row practice
4 in a row gambling

9-ball. 11 in a row practicing
3 in a row gambling

10-ball. 4 in a row practicing
2 in a row gambling

14.1. A couple 8?'s practicing
54 gambling( my greatest comeback)

1-p. I have a few 8 and outs not sure of how many were practice and gambling

Banks. With 15 balls, I did 9 in practice
Playing 9-ball banks, 2-3 gambling I think;) I don't remember

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
mine is 7.. break and runs... Anytime I got a combo, carom on the 9 or the 9 on the break I didn't consider it a run out.... I have ran 2 sets out in a row going to 7 but there were combos and 2 golden 9s....

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone that has never been beyond a 3-pack and usually ends packages with a break where I either don't make a ball or don't have a decent shot on the 1-ball, I think that the small spikes at 3 and 5 are pretty interesting. According to the (very limited) data, it looks like getting past a 3-pack is harder that getting from 4 to 5. My interpretation of the data is that players that are good enough to run back to back racks on a somewhat regular basis are going to eventually have a 3-pack if they play enough; it's just a matter of waiting for the opportunity. To get beyond 3, I think that you have to take a more active role in making those opportunities happen, meaning improving your break.

As a little experiment, I went home and just did rack after rack of 9-ball breaks and found that it was fairly rare for me to have 3 breaks in a row where I make a ball and have a reasonable run-out available using a standard rack. If I switch to a magic rack, I nearly always make the wing ball and can usually keep the CB and 1-ball under control, so my opportunities at a run-out went way up. I imagine that changing pocket size would also have a similar effect, so maybe I'll retry this experiment on a "league-cut" GC and compare that to my "pro-cut" Diamond.

Based on my experiment, I would say that it's unlikely that I will get many opportunities to run more than a 3-pack on the tables I play on without using a magic rack, so it would be neat to hear about the equipment situation for some of these big packages, especially anything over 5.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
No title necessary!

Hi july9x,
Do you really want us to believe, that you ran out 20 or more racks of 9-Ball in a row?
20 times (or more) you broke, at least 1 OB felt, you saw the 1 or the next Ball and you ran out!
All those on a 9" table and during a regular match of course!
20 times and not once the CB felt on the break, you were never snookered, you didn't have to play safe or a push-out?

If yes, how come that below your User-Name isn't mentioned: PRO-Player?

KR, Roberto

And now to you Black Balled,
I just want to tell you, that this was my first Poll, since I am an AZB-Member!
So it's clearly my fault that I didn't see that I made multiple choices possible!

To vote on the Poll and seeing your name on every number from 1 all up to 20 or more racks, was for real extremely funny! OMG, what I had to laugh…such a subtle and fine sense of humour. But I still prefer sarcasm!
KR, Roberto

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 205

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi jl

And now to you Black Balled,
I just want to tell you, that this was my first Poll, since I am an AZB-Member!
So it's clearly my fault that I didn't see that I made multiple choices possible!

To vote on the Poll and seeing your name on every number from 1 all up to 20 or more racks, was for real extremely funny! OMG, what I had to laugh…such a subtle and fine sense of humour. But I still prefer sarcasm!
KR, Roberto

I had to cange my password today at work and i chose 'my penis'

The system told me it was too long.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wish youse guys would keep the noise down.....:angry:
...I'm in the middle of a one-pack.

..can't remember which AZer used that, but I always liked it

poolplaya1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This poll is extremely biased. Some people near the bottom of the runs list wont want people around here to think they suck, so they wont vote. Some people near the high end of the list wont want everyone to know how good they are so they wont vote. Some people will lie, they will vote erroneously. Some people in the middle will feel embarrassed that they aren't higher or would like to keep it secret that they play that well so they wont vote. I don't know which group of people will have the most effect on the data, but drawing conclusions on this data is perilous at best.

Love the idea of this type of poll, but there are too many reasons it isn't really real.

Oh, and a lot of people rarely play 9 ball. I'd say I have played it less than 1% of the time, but I am interested in learning the game in the future!

<- has a 1-pack!

Last edited:

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
9-ball - 8 racks
10-ball - 4 racks
8-ball - 7 racks
14.1 - 101
1-pocket - 14 and out (twice)
Snooker (6x12) - 147

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've ran plenty, plenty of times.

Stringing racks can only be done if your break is working. If you can't break well, you will never have a large string.

It usually only happens when you make a couple game balls on the break as well.

I'm 61 and ran a 5 pack not to awfully long ago...I wanted to extend it out a bit, but I made the 9 ball on the break in the 6th game and then a ball came flying out of nowhere and knocked the cue ball in the side pocket.

I made the 9 ball in the same pocket on the break 3 times in a row not too long ago.

Sometime you have it working, other times you don't.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Some people will lie

Most people are liying, not some. Some for fun, some for pure narcissism and to add some extra weight to their opinions. I can hardly believe that the majority in here can put more than 2 racks in a row together. What a load of nonsense...lol

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
2 people have run 20(!) racks of 9 ball in a match....Wow! I've never run more than 5 in a row, in a match and have never seen more than 6 racks run in a tournament of any importance, on a 9 foot table, in person. I suck at 9 ball compared to other games, my break is especially bad. Since the magic rack became more popular I stand a much better chance, but I haven't played a lot of 9 ball in that time, since I play mostly snooker and 14.1. My results in those games are a lot better;), still I see there are people here with 147's in snooker...I guess I'll settle for being a very small fish in a big pond.

Last edited:

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
I've never run more than 5 in a row, in a match and have never seen more than 6 racks run in a tournament of any importance, on a 9 foot table, in person. I suck at 9 ball compared to other games, my break is especially bad.

You've run 5 racks in a row but your break sucks huh? lol

Cool story, mate!

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This poll is extremely biased.
I agree, but even analyzing the number of consecutive racks that people say they have run can be somewhat interesting. Maybe the spikes I commented on earlier at 3 and 5 don't actually reflect reality and just get chosen more often because they sound good, but reasonable. Based on my history as a pool player, I would guess there are a lot of people stuck at 1 and 2. I have seen a lot of C/D-level players B&R a single rack of 9-ball, and know from experience that once you are a threat to run out any rack where there are no real problem balls it's just a matter of time before you get a 2-pack. I suppose it's possible to stumble into an easy 3-pack, but I'd say that most players that have run 3 in a row are at least B level players just to have made that many balls in a row, even if a bunch of them were hangers.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Based on my history as a pool player, I would guess there are a lot of people stuck at 1 and 2. I have seen a lot of C/D-level players B&R a single rack of 9-ball, and know from experience that once you are a threat to run out any rack where there are no real problem balls it's just a matter of time before you get a 2-pack. I suppose it's possible to stumble into an easy 3-pack, but I'd say that most players that have run 3 in a row are at least B level players just to have made that many balls in a row, even if a bunch of them were hangers.

Finally, someone speaks sense. That's exactly what I have in mind too. Now, let's hear how many B-players do we have in here? Make us laugh!

TheThaiger

Banned
Most people are liying, not some. Some for fun, some for pure narcissism and to add some extra weight to their opinions. I can hardly believe that the majority in here can put more than 2 racks in a row together. What a load of nonsense...lol

3 choices.

1. They are fantastic players.
2. They break like superman.
3. Their tables are piss easy.