Player A is correct and shouldn’t have to pay 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
mattb
AzB Silver Member
mattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-30-2019, 08:15 AM

They didn't discuss the rules at first, then anything goes. Pay the man and then discuss some rules if you don't like what you got. Or don't pay and be a nit. This is my opinion.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was arrested and the judge said life in prison, or you can join an APA league. I wish now that I had taken the prison term.

Old
  (#17)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
First break, Russian Kenny and DD/Roy arguing over the rules. Kenny broke, the 10b and cue ball dropped.

https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasemen...3678606692611/
Interesting. Why did that guy rake the balls at the end of the match?

Old
  (#18)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
You're both wrong if you don't get something as basic as this straight before the game starts. Now you must make the rules and start over!
^^^ THIS... for 10 Ball, you have to know beforehand when the 10 ball
counts as a win... it could NEVER count on the break.

Old
  (#19)
FeelDaShot
AzB Silver Member
FeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond reputeFeelDaShot has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
Interesting. Why did that guy rake the balls at the end of the match?
"That guy" is Dima, one of DD's backers. He decided to rake the balls because DD was losing 14-2 in a race to 15 and he decided to concede the match to renegotiate the weight for a rematch the following night.

Old
  (#20)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
^^^ THIS... for 10 Ball, you have to know beforehand when the 10 ball
counts as a win... it could NEVER count on the break.
Why not? Since when does it NOT count on the break?

I had a stroke. I had it when I came in, I KNOW I did

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Straight Pool is not a race!

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldhxbl..._Game.pdf/file

Old
  (#21)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushout View Post
Since when does it NOT count on the break?
That's a good question, since it used to be the case that sinking the ten ball on the break was a win, but now the rule is that it's spotted. That's according to all of the rule sets I can find, BCA, WPA, et.al.

Old
  (#22)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member
Pushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond reputePushout has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post
That's a good question, since it used to be the case that sinking the ten ball on the break was a win, but now the rule is that it's spotted. That's according to all of the rule sets I can find, BCA, WPA, et.al.
One of the many, many reasons I no longer play rotation games seriously. I mean, how many times has ANYONE not a professional like Cory Duel, for instance, made the 10 on the break??

"Nothing beats playing pool in your underwear at 2 o'clock in the morning." George Fels 1938-2013

Link to 101 Tips to Improve Your Game by George Fels:http://www.mediafire.com/file/ldhxbl..._Game.pdf/file

Old
  (#23)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelDaShot View Post
"That guy" is Dima, one of DD's backers. He decided to rake the balls because DD was losing 14-2 in a race to 15 and he decided to concede the match to renegotiate the weight for a rematch the following night.
I see - I didn't watch the entire match. That explains why the guy didn't make much of an argument. He knew he had the nuts.

Old
  (#24)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
I see - I didn't watch the entire match. That explains why the guy didn't make much of an argument. He knew he had the nuts.
It went 1-1.

DD won the first set something like 15-9.

Old
  (#25)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 03:31 PM

If I jump into a ten ball ring game in a pool hall, I assume anything goes...
...if I make the ten on the break, I expect to get paid.

If someone wants to cite the latest rules of any organization, he should've declared before
a ball was struck..
Call shot , call shot with the option, ten doesn't count on the break or in certain pockets,
ten must be made in order.....these are Johnny come lately rules....say that's how you
want to play....I'll probably decide not to play......
....but I don't want to hear that the latest fad is the ONLY way to play.

Ten ball has been around a long time...traditionally played like nine ball.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#26)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

01-30-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
If I jump into a ten ball ring game in a pool hall, I assume anything goes...
...if I make the ten on the break, I expect to get paid.

If someone wants to cite the latest rules of any organization, he should've declared before
a ball was struck..
Call shot , call shot with the option, ten doesn't count on the break or in certain pockets,
ten must be made in order.....these are Johnny come lately rules....say that's how you
want to play....I'll probably decide not to play......
....but I don't want to hear that the latest fad is the ONLY way to play.

Ten ball has been around a long time...traditionally played like nine ball.
Ten ball on the break is spotted, that's how it's played these days. I don't know when it changed, but that's what all the rules I could find say.

ring game
Old
  (#27)
OldOrvis
AzB Silver Member
OldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond reputeOldOrvis has a reputation beyond repute

ring game - 01-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
"C": they're both idiots.
Best answer yet ....Ill start a poll for this response as best so far

Quote:
One of the many, many reasons I no longer play rotation games seriously. I mean, how many times has ANYONE not a professional like Cory Duel, for instance, made the 10 on the break??
and Ive seen someone make it 4 times in a row in the racking corners.

I have played many Ring games from $500 to $5 and ive never played a 9 ball or 10 ball ring game where is counts in the racking corners, I am the person who said it doesnt count and it was with a few friends and its my mistake not telling him before we started but I thought they knew that was the way we always played it.

You better go see the wizard

Old
  (#28)
jviss
AzB Silver Member

01-30-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOrvis View Post

I have played many Ring games from $500 to $5 and ive never played a 9 ball or 10 ball ring game where is counts in the racking corners, I am the person who said it doesnt count and it was with a few friends and its my mistake not telling him before we started but I thought they knew that was the way we always played it.
Sounds like bar rules to me, meaning, whatever rules you feel like until someone objects.

Old
  (#29)
Pushout
AzB Silver Member

01-31-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOrvis View Post

I've never even HEARD of a ring game where the money ball on the break does not count. Tournament play, one on one, yes. But never in a ring game. 58 years.

Old
  (#30)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

01-31-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Why not? Since when does it NOT count on the break?
As jviss said, rules are now different for 10 ball.. sometimes it won't count
on the break, it gets spotted. It's not 9 ball rules with an extra ball.
I've seen tournaments where it counts on the break only in the sides or
back corner pockets.

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: