Buddy and Efren 9ball 1988

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A HUGE shout out to Pat and the Accu-Stats team for all the recent uploads.

Pat may be the greatest single Patron of the game we love. I cant think of anyone who has done so much for so many for so long.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
What a blast from the past!

Our first pro tournament was Tahoe in ‘84. After that we made the Reno Sands tournament our yearly vacation. Yea the Sands tournament was held twice a year.(or do I have old timer’s?)

This is a match I don’t remember.

My favorite Efren story:
I think he was playing Buddy on table 10.
The first shot after the break, Efren played a safety that took the cue ball 3 rails around the table to the corner pocket that had 3 balls in a semi circle just a few inches out of the pocket. It was the greatest safety I had ever seen. The cue ball bumped the ball closest to the end rail and rolled into the jaws and stopped. The bumped ball went to the rail then back out to close the door behind the cue ball. The object ball was left near a side pocket and there was not an opening to get the cue ball out.

And he ‘shit a ball in’(a technical term) doing it.

Efren then showed the greatest escape I had ever seen. He popped the cue ball into the point causing it to jump out of jail, striking the object ball and rolling safe.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a hanger AND he got lucky.

What

The first shot after the break, Efren played a safety that took the cue ball 3 rails around the table to the corner pocket that had 3 balls in a semi circle just a few inches out of the pocket. It was the greatest safety I had ever seen. The cue ball bumped the ball closest to the end rail and rolled into the jaws and stopped. The bumped ball went to the rail then back out to close the door behind the cue ball. The object ball was left near a side pocket and there was not an opening to get the cue ball out.

And he ‘shit a ball in’(a technical term) doing it.

Efren then showed the greatest escape I had ever seen. He popped the cue ball into the point causing it to jump out of jail, striking the object ball and rolling safe.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another good look at two of the stars of this era. Thanks to Accu-Stats you can decide for yourself how they compare with today's best players.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another good look at two of the stars of this era. Thanks to Accu-Stats you can decide for yourself how they compare with today's best players.

TPA-wise? there were quite a few missed pots, from both of them to be honest, on what seems to be 5 inch pockets. this is on par with other matches i've seen from the era, only slightly better. insert svb, chang or filler and they would have a feast

with that said, these are two of my absolute favourite players and i somehow still prefer watching them play a race to 11 than for example chang vs cheng

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
ouch!

Looks like the video was pirated. Accu-Stats made Youtube pull it.

Hu