Lee Van's Tats

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
JoeyA has a tat on his right shoulder. It's USMC with blue and red ink. I figured I could still wear a t shirt and the tattoo wouldn't show.

As the years have passed my skin is still smooth but the tattoo is no longer recognizable. Even I can't read the letters any longer and the red disappeared years ago. When it was new, even though it was small, it was like a billboard of military art. Now, it is but a faded memory. Since my customers don't have to look at it and it is private for the most part, I don't regret getting it.

While I am proud of having served in the Corps, if it had been on a more conspicuous part of my body, I am sure I would have regretted getting it. Tatoos fade with age.......

I noticed Mike Tyson doing an interview this past week and I could swear that it looked like he had invested some dough to try and remove that monster tattoo on his face. It sure seemed A LOT LIGHTER in density.

Most tattoos look great when they are brand new. I once was told by a "refined" friend that tattoos were something that the uncivilized people of the world practiced. :D

JoeyA

xander

Registered
Be glad your wife wears the pants in the family. You don't want any ink. I have tats and I'd go back and never step foot in a tattoo parlor if given the chance. And my tats aren't sloppy, I was very careful to take the time and research a lot of different places and a lot of different artists and have mine done by someone that I thought did good work. The work on mine is really good, I just wish that I hadn't done it. I'm tired of looking at them.
MULLY

english is not my first language so I'm sure I might be wrong... but this sounds awfully 'sarcastic'? :D
some sort of reverse psychology?
Or do you really hate your tats now?

xander

Registered
i have 8 tats and i can conceal them...so as far a trouble in certain places i dress and carry myself much differently at my job in a business meeting than i do on a saturday night with my buddys riding our harleys hanging out at the 'clubhouse"...i also dress much differently and display ,my ink proudly...

cool... pretty much what i want actually... i work in Corporate Finance so any visible tattoos are a 'no-no' but still can't convince my wife that i should get one...

i do have my ears pierced now.. :D and same thing i only wear them outside and not in the office

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
english is not my first language so I'm sure I might be wrong... but this sounds awfully 'sarcastic'? :D
some sort of reverse psychology?
Or do you really hate your tats now?

No, I really hate my tattoos. No sarcasm at all. Maybe a little poke at you with the "Your wife wears the pants" line but I'm dead serious about my tattoos.

JoeyA, technology has made it so tattoos retain their color longer. I've had mine for more than 10 years and they still look great. The colors have faded a bit, of course, but the lines are still fairly sharp. One other thing, if you exposed them to the sun quite often that will cause them to fade really bad. I never let mine in the sun.
MULLY

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ten years ain't sh!t:groucho: Forty years tells the tale:eek: and it ain't pretty:shakehead:

No, I really hate my tattoos. No sarcasm at all. Maybe a little poke at you with the "Your wife wears the pants" line but I'm dead serious about my tattoos.

JoeyA, technology has made it so tattoos retain their color longer. I've had mine for more than 10 years and they still look great. The colors have faded a bit, of course, but the lines are still fairly sharp. One other thing, if you exposed them to the sun quite often that will cause them to fade really bad. I never let mine in the sun.
MULLY

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...I wrote the following:

Young people really have no idea how they will feel about something decades later.​

It occurs to me that this statement applies in the case of tattoos as well.

That is basically my position too. Jeez, how much did life change between 15-20? WTF do you think you know about 50 when you are 20?

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Be glad your wife wears the pants in the family. You don't want any ink. I have tats and I'd go back and never step foot in a tattoo parlor if given the chance. And my tats aren't sloppy, I was very careful to take the time and research a lot of different places and a lot of different artists and have mine done by someone that I thought did good work. The work on mine is really good, I just wish that I hadn't done it. I'm tired of looking at them.
MULLY

Just the opposite for me. I've had em for years, still like lookin at em. Wouldn't change a thing.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only have 1 Tat on my left shoulder of 2 snakes in a striking pose facing each other..never got the bug to get any others although being the gambler that I am I use to kid with friends for years that I wanted to get A Rooster hanging on a hangsman noose on my shin right under my knee so I could go to the bar & bet people I had a Cock that hung below my knee & would have the triple nuts...lol:thumbup:

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
My tattoos mean a lot too me. They represent a lot of things that mean everything to me. I can't wait to get more.

I'm actually thinking about getting a tattoo of my wife's name next week in Vegas (if I can find a good artist). Lucky for me, her name is Ruth. So WHEN she leaves me, it wont be hard to change that to that Ruthless b!tch. :)

poohatur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed Lee Van's tats too. He didn't have them the last time I saw him. Now he looks all gangster. I like the look though. It's all about intimidation.

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
if anyone is ever tired of looking at their ink, they didn't get them for the right reasons. ink should mean something personal and inspirational to the wearer and it should be something that never change. that's just my opinion, of course.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Ten years ain't sh!t:groucho: Forty years tells the tale:eek: and it ain't pretty:shakehead:

:lol: Claymont.

Mully, I'm sure technology is better today and the inks are better. Do you think I should try refurbishing the one tat I have? I like it, it just doesn't look as good as it did when I was 19. Besides, I'm a wannabee pool player. The only time I see the sun shine is when I'm fishing.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I only have 1 Tat on my left shoulder of 2 snakes in a striking pose facing each other..never got the bug to get any others although being the gambler that I am I use to kid with friends for years that I wanted to get A Rooster hanging on a hangsman noose on my shin right under my knee so I could go to the bar & bet people I had a Cock that hung below my knee & would have the triple nuts...lol:thumbup:

Now that's a bet. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
JoeyA

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tats and lots of them. Forearms, shoulders, back. No regrets here. But everyone is different. 1st rule to being happily tattooed "Think before you ink!"

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA has a tat on his right shoulder. It's USMC with blue and red ink. I figured I could still wear a t shirt and the tattoo wouldn't show.

As the years have passed my skin is still smooth but the tattoo is no longer recognizable. Even I can't read the letters any longer and the red disappeared years ago. When it was new, even though it was small, it was like a billboard of military art. Now, it is but a faded memory. Since my customers don't have to look at it and it is private for the most part, I don't regret getting it.

While I am proud of having served in the Corps, if it had been on a more conspicuous part of my body, I am sure I would have regretted getting it. Tatoos fade with age.......

I noticed Mike Tyson doing an interview this past week and I could swear that it looked like he had invested some dough to try and remove that monster tattoo on his face. It sure seemed A LOT LIGHTER in density.

Most tattoos look great when they are brand new. I once was told by a "refined" friend that tattoos were something that the uncivilized people of the world practiced. :D

JoeyA

I figure I'll get a tatoo when I'm 100. That way I'll be dead before it fades. I want to make sure I get my money's worth.