Diamond Customer Service

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I searched but couldn't find anything related to this so I thought I would ask.

How reliable is Diamond in responding to info requests? I sent an email to them today and am wondering what the typical response time might be? Or they even respond at all?

r/DCP

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would also be interested in how this thread progresses: I bought one of Greg Sullivan’s very first ball return prototypes, and provided him a lot of feedback on development. Since he recommended the table mechanics who performed the original setup, I would naturally contact Diamond when it is finally time for new cloth.

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't speak for their email support, but Paul Smith was a pleasure to work with over the phone while Diamond was working on my table.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Diamond's rep in Southern Cal is West State Billiards and they are great to do business with.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am actually less than two hours from their main factory down in the Jeffersonville/New Albany, IN area.

r/DCP

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am actually less than two hours from their main factory down in the Jeffersonville/New Albany, IN area.

r/DCP

Well then your email will get to them and back super fast! You will probably get a reply .01 of a second before anyone else that would email them LOL

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if I don't hear back from them in 48 hours I guess I will give them a call. That would be tomorrow. I've heard both good and bad stories regarding their Customer Service so I guess we shall see.

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of a Diamond Pro-Am 9 footer.

And I heard back from them. The Pro-Am is NOT available in regular drop pockets, it only has the ball return. I just don't like that.

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thinking of a Diamond Pro-Am 9 footer.

And I heard back from them. The Pro-Am is NOT available in regular drop pockets, it only has the ball return. I just don't like that.

r/DCP

The buy a 9' Professional model. It will play exactly the same and have drop pockets :)

Trent from Toledo

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know if visitors are welcome down at Diamond? Do they have their tables all set up where someone can come and see them, shoot around on them for awhile?

Or does Diamond not cater to prospective customers in that manner?

r/DCP

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know if visitors are welcome down at Diamond? Do they have their tables all set up where someone can come and see them, shoot around on them for awhile?

Or does Diamond not cater to prospective customers in that manner?

r/DCP

I've been there twice for the factory tour during DCC. They definitely cater to people coming in person to see the tables, visit the factor, go over options with the staff, and play on them.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just IMO, and I'm probably the minority on this, but if I were to get a Diamond table, I'd order it with the league cut pockets. These are closer to 5". The pro-cut pockets that are standard are 4.5". YMMV:)

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The buy a 9' Professional model. It will play exactly the same and have drop pockets :)

Trent from Toledo

But I already have a Gold Crown IV and it looks almost exactly like the Diamond Professional. The Diamond Pro was/is basically a copy-cat of the Gold Crown.

Other than slight playing differences, what's the point here? But I will keep an open mind.

r/DCP

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
But I already have a Gold Crown IV and it looks almost exactly like the Diamond Professional. The Diamond Pro was/is basically a copy-cat of the Gold Crown.

Other than slight playing differences, what's the point here? But I will keep an open mind.

r/DCP

You made a comment about not having a drop pocket option on the Pro Am , I simply made a suggestion. I am quite aware of the history of Diamond tables. I personally think the Professional is a much better looking table and it does play exactly the same as Pro Am.:)

00q0q_2jwvR3akmBd_600x450.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

You are replacing the GC for the looks? After spending all that time picking out the perfect cloth color? Now you will have to start all over, you won't even get to play on it till 2021 or something.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

The old diamond professionals did look a lot like the GC. But, they have a few different options now. The corners you can get angled (like the Pro/Am), or rounded. The legs you can get as a pedestal (like a GC) and with brass/silver feet, or you can get as more individual legs like a table. You can also get a ton of different woods and finishes. Some members have even ordered tables with a light and dark wood combination for a unique two-tone look. Take a look at this page, and look at the pictures carefully. Notice the different legs and corner shapes on the various pictures. You can mix/match them anyway you want. Its hard to see some of the differences in these pictures, unfortunately.

http://www.diamondbilliards.com/CommercialTables/Professional.aspx

Scroll down for the pictures. The top most big picture is the old style from 20 years ago. IDK why they make that one front and center. Its the ugliest one, IMO...