uni-lock joint

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about a predator road liner with a Revo shaft, the 12.9
What do you guys think about that uni-lock joint. I don't understand why
it is like that. Is it just as sound and solid as other joints. I had one a while
back and kept seeing if it was tight, with so few threads. I have never needed
to get my cue together or apart faster. Is that the only "advantage" of it ?
thanks for any input
jack

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is like that. Is it just as sound and solid as other joints. I had one a while
thanks for any input
jack
Are you referring to the quick-release joint? Uni-loc makes the Radial, Bullet, and Quick-Release.

https://uni-loc.com/joints/

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for any input
jack

No advantage at all. I like the design. Ease of connect/disconnect. Also like they interchange nicely. I have about 8 Predators. I do check for tightness occasionally while playing, I do that with any set up. I have been making joint protectors (for myself and hobby...not for sale)...working with UniLocs is fun and challenging. I had a Schmelke made with a U.L. .....gives the cue a classy upscale look. The REVO works well with it.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Uni-Loc Quick Release screws are pretty darn good.
The design makes for a really straight joint connection.
Probably the straightest there is now .

And they are kinda cool.
I have it on my playing cue.
I love it .

IT's also quite handy if you want an extension .
Easy on and off.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Considering all of Predator's break cues have Uni-lock joints and have had no problems as is evident by their popularity, I would say a shooting cue with a Uni-lock joint is fine. Most of my cues have Unilock joints and the hit is no more and no less than other joints that I have or had shot. Is there a difference in feel? Yes. Some of my ivory joints and big pin joints have a different feel and if one has a preference, that's what makes the world go 'round. But the Uni-lock is here to stay.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't thee a variation of the unilock that was commonly getting stuck threaded?

Nothin beats a good old fashioned hunk of g10, for me. There's a reason Herman and George used it.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I have one on my Weston cue and really like it. Perry told me it is titanium. I just know it is a tight compression fit and plays nice. They are supposed to have exact tolerances, or very close to it. Matt D.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

thanks for any input

jack

If you're a hustler, I would expect under certain circumstances getting your cue apart faster and getting out the door could be a life or death experience.

For me, getting the cue together the fastest might save me a few bucks before leagues, to get on the table first and hold it, getting free games until leagues start. LOL

_______

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had problems with the unilook quick release joint becoming loose during match.

Ever missed a critical $$$$ shot due to a equipment malfunction?..... it sucks!!!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't thee a variation of the unilock that was commonly getting stuck threaded?

Nothin beats a good old fashioned hunk of g10, for me. There's a reason Herman and George used it.

I had a lucasi that was a nightmare to take apart everytime is was used.

I had it checked out, cleaned etc.. I ended up giving it away.

I couldn't sell it. Hard to sell a cue when the potential buyer can't take it apart after the rest drive.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm just lucky.
My 9 year old uni lock Lucasi that sees regular play has never stuck or come loose during play.