Pool's 15 most influential people/brands list

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Barry Hearn just spit out his morning bagel.

And Jayson Shaw couldn’t influence a pack of starving dogs to a bag of Alpo.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Whatever model we use, there will be a small portion not agreeing.

You got that right. But this isn't one of those typical cases where there is room for argument among reasonable, intelligent, and knowledgeable people. This is one of those cases where the final list is just straight up idiotic and there isn't much debate for that among reasonable, intelligent, and knowledgeable people.

Let me just be blunt and get straight to the point on where you messed up so badly and ended up with such a dumb a$$ top 15 list. When you use idiot choosers, you end up with idiotic choices being made. Simple as that. Many of the judges were intelligent people with a very broad spectrum and deep knowledge of the pool scene and were indeed a great good choice as judges. Many of them weren't the sharpest tools in the shed though, or don't have a full spectrum deep knowledge of the pool scene, or both. Whoever chose that judges list is probably ultimately the real problem and should be replaced and let somebody smarter and more knowledgeable choose them next time. If that was you, sorry.

And if it was indeed the methodology and not the judges (and judge chooser) who was the issue, then my apologies to them, but it looks more like incompetent judging and judge choosing than bad methodology at this moment.

Last edited:

mnb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is the organization behind this list?

poolspower15.com was registered on September 17, 2020

The web site is not even 2 weeks old

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
But who are the principals of Poolspower15? Is it a US non-profit or what? Etc. . . .

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice! :thumbup:
I just looked at Florian's numbers....
1 million subscribers
200 million total views (more or less) of his channel

A million subscribers is 3x the next highest pool-related YouTube channel I could find.

The most-viewed pool video seems to be Florian shooting trick shots on the "Dude Perfect" channel (76 million views): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlQnGkfskrQ -- the Dude Perfect team seems to have a lot of fun.

On the other hand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk -- evidently Fonzie has moved beyond being Richie Cunningham's friend. I haven't been paying attention, I guess. Feel Rick-Rolled if you want -- or turn the sound down.;)

Bob <-- young people are so confusing

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people in the world alive today have seen video footage of at least one shot performed in any of the following: a Matchroom event, a WPA points event, or a Derby City Classic Event. I wonder what that number is.

I wonder if the number of people alive today that have seen video footage of at least one shot from any Florian video is a bigger number. I wonder if Florian can surpass the number from just a single particular video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many people in the world alive today have seen video footage of at least one shot performed in any of the following: a Matchroom event, a WPA points event, or a Derby City Classic Event. I wonder what that number is.

I wonder if the number of people alive today that have seen video footage of at least one shot from any Florian video is a bigger number. I wonder if Florian can surpass the number from just a single particular video. ...

I believe the World Snooker Championship has had an audience of over 100 million for a single session.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the World Snooker Championship has had an audience of over 100 million for a single session.

That’s a good number.

Wonder how many distinct people have had a Florian video cross their FaceBook feed at least once. If we combine that with all social media. I bet more people have seen at least one Florian shot than have seen at least one Ronnie shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
Maybe he meant 3rd is too low.:shrug:

Honestly it's not a slight against Florian, it was just a shock to See Matchroom, AZ, and then...

If you want who got the most hits and entertained the pool community during this pandemic you should have listed Poolactiontv and Crew, whom have created a second stream and have been editing and rerunning Pro events non stop since the pandemic started 24/7.

I didn't scoff at Jayson Shaw either, if you can remember back when this Covid stuff was starting to go crazy and all the players where still in Vegas after everything was shutting down around the US he was posting live FB sessions, telling the behind the scenes play by play. Important updates about Euro players and how they would be stuck for months in the US if they didn't just leave.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Honestly it's not a slight against Florian, it was just a shock to See Matchroom, AZ, and then...

If you want who got the most hits and entertained the pool community during this pandemic you should have listed Poolactiontv and Crew, whom have created a second stream and have been editing and rerunning Pro events non stop since the pandemic started 24/7.

I didn't scoff at Jayson Shaw either, if you can remember back when this Covid stuff was starting to go crazy and all the players where still in Vegas after everything was shutting down around the US he was posting live FB sessions, telling the behind the scenes play by play. Important updates about Euro players and how they would be stuck for months in the US if they didn't just leave.

Poolactiontv is PPV, doubt the #s are very high.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, he is :smile:

...and so are the 11 other voters?

"This annual list will no doubt be hotly debated".

Herein lies the problem. Who picked these twelve voters and deemed them the appropriate "voting committee" for this poll? Perhaps a more well rounded committee of pool knowledgeable people might have yielded different results.

I think that putting such selections to a vote of the Pool public would have been a far better way to determine who are the most influential people in this industry. And what better place to do that then right here on AZB! We are making our voices heard on here now and the consensus is that this poll is skewed and biased.

Who the heck is Supr Charged anyway and why should I care what he thinks? Being a total newcomer to AZB places him out of the pool mainstream already, as far as I'm concerned.

I just took a look at the voting committee from post #31 and I agree that four or five of them are good choices. The rest I'm not so sure about. I can think of several people already who could and should have been in this group. That said I still believe that a poll of this kind should be put before a larger group of pool knowledgeable people like you will find on here.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess for starters I'd like to know their definition of the term "influential."

Just having a lot folks watching you do trick shots does not mean you can influence them, even a little bit, to do other than perhaps make them watch another trick shot. The same is true of a great pool player. How is that player influencing people in terms of having power over them, or making them change their behavior, or any other significant effect? Are more pool players getting tattoos because of JS?

Lou Figueroa

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
To answer the question, "Who is Supr Charged?", for one thing he is Sharivari's agent/representative:

"Super Charged Agency is proud to announce that they from now on will represent Andrè Sharivari Schickling.
«Sharivari» is one of the very best pool coaches in the world, and his coaching videos on YouTube has more than 11 million views over the past few years. He does both in-person and online coaching at affordable rates. … See More"

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=101692994724005&story_fbid=195046812055289

Wonder if any others of the 15 were also represented by Supr Charged?

How say you, now?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Only one (1) of the committee is from Norway, but the Wikipedia article is in Norwegian.

What are the odds?

"Pool's Power 15
Fra Wikipedia, den frie encyklopedi
Hopp til navigeringHopp til søk
Wikipedia har ingen artikkel med dette navnet.
Du kan se om den finnes på nynorsk, svensk eller dansk.
For å opprette artikkelen her, klikk opprett.
Søk etter Pool's Power 15 i andre artikler.
Om du forventet å finne en side her som du nylig har opprettet, sjekk om den er slettet i sletteloggen.
Navigasjonsmeny
Ikke logget innBrukerdiskusjonBidragOpprett kontoLogg inn
ArtikkelDiskusjon
OpprettOpprett kildeSøk
Søk i Wikipedia
Forside
Svaksynte
Utmerkede artikler
Hjelp
Siste endringer
Prosjekt
Stilmanual
Prosjektportal
Tinget
Torget
Konkurranser
Notiser
Nybegynnerforum
Tilfeldig side
Wikipedia
Kontakt Wikipedia
Doner
Wikimedia Norge
Verktøy
Lenker hit
Spesialsider
Utskriftsvennlig versjon
Sideinformasjon

Språk
PersonvernOm WikipediaForbeholdMobilvisningUtviklereStatistikkErklæring om informasjonskapslerWikimedia FoundationPowered by MediaWiki"

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool's_Power_15

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
When I translated into English, I discovered the "article" text did not exist. When I hit the "Article" Tab, I found the following:

"Sep 24 2020 at 23:05Knuteinar2309 discussion contributiondeleted the page Pool's Power 15 (Nonsense content ( per # 9 ): in foreign language)"

https://no.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pool's_Power_15&action=edit

Which is telling us, I think, that on 9/24/2020 at 23:05 Knuteinar2309 . . . ???????
Any Computer/Wiki Geeks in the house?