SVB Hotel Room Broken Into!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to travel alot for work for home inspections. I got my stuff stolen out my room of the same hotel twice. It was nuts, so one trip i borrowed my buddies small game camera and stuck it to the wall kinda hidden.
Maid came in with friend and stole my gameboy and games from the table. Also took my electric razor. But the game cam recorded everything. She rolled in her friend secretly inside a linens bin for laundry. And while her friend searched she cleaned up.
I decided to call the police as i requested her to service my room while i was there like i didnt know she stole anything.
Cops showed up at the room, she denied it all tried to tell the cops i tried to rape her do i showed the female officer the video and off she went in cuffs.
It was a learning experience. If i stay in hotels now i have mini cameras i set up when i leave.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brutal-Nice work!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wearing a watch i find ridiculous. It's uncomfortable, restricts your mobility and every phone, computer, cable box, TV, car etc has the time staring in your face and 3/4 are updated continuously and accurately.

Some of us dinosaurs like wearing watch and feel nekked without one on.

Lou Figueroa

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of us dinosaurs like wearing watch and feel nekked without one on.

Lou Figueroa

Im a bigger dinosaur than you. I stopped wearing one at least 45 years ago. when for the 2nd time while playing golf, my watch with an expandable band shot down my wrist and down the shaft of my driver. I know i should have taken it off before play but my brain has never been good with those type of things (even before i ever smoked).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I used to travel alot for work for home inspections. I got my stuff stolen out my room of the same hotel twice. It was nuts, so one trip i borrowed my buddies small game camera and stuck it to the wall kinda hidden.
Maid came in with friend and stole my gameboy and games from the table. Also took my electric razor. But the game cam recorded everything. She rolled in her friend secretly inside a linens bin for laundry. And while her friend searched she cleaned up.
I decided to call the police as i requested her to service my room while i was there like i didnt know she stole anything.
Cops showed up at the room, she denied it all tried to tell the cops i tried to rape her do i showed the female officer the video and off she went in cuffs.
It was a learning experience. If i stay in hotels now i have mini cameras i set up when i leave.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Has anybody stole your cameras yet?

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope SVB gets his stuff back, I have been robbed before and it sucks. Must confess though, I chuckled pretty hard at the thought of the thief stealing SVB's stuff, but leaving the cuetechs behind...

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The fact that they didn't take his cues says a lot. That tells me someone around the game. A nonplayer would assume that it's a champs cue and must be worth something. A player or someone around the game knows it's worthless and much too identified with SVB.

Last edited:

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact that they didn't take his cues says a lot. That tells me someone around the game. A nonplayer would assume that it's a champs cue and must be worth something. A player or someone around the game knows it's worthless and much to identified with SVB.

I agree, someone who knows pool robbed him

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, someone who knows pool robbed him

I was thinking the same thing. It's either that or if a non pool player, the person had no idea what was in the case or didn't even bother or care to look.

Something to keep in mind, Saratoga, WY is less than 1700 people. So it's tiny and this pool tournament is the biggest thing that happens there every year. Everyone in town, even non-pool players are aware there's a big pool tourney there every year that brings in pro players. This is actually really a shame on a couple levels. 1.Shane getting his stuff stolen. 2.This event is a big deal to the town, tourney directors, and even the mayor believe it or not. The mayor and tourney directors absolutely love pool and run a great tourney bringing in top pros every year to the middle of nowhere. It's probably the funnest tourney I've ever been to. So hopefully bad press like this doesn't deter anyone from attending in the future.

I think they have 2 or 3 motels in town total if I remember right. I'm doubting the motel even has cameras. Maybe it does, but Saratoga is one of those throwback Midwestern towns where a handshake means something and everyone waves at each other. Sure, it's a different time now where opportunists and thieves are lurking around every corner, but I wouldn't be surprised if many that live in the area even lock their doors at night. Hopefully Shane gets his stuff back and it just turns out to be an isolated incident.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Just wearing a watch i find ridiculous. It's uncomfortable, restricts your mobility and every phone, computer, cable box, TV, car etc has the time staring in your face and 3/4 are updated continuously and accurately.

Nice watches are not about being able to tell the time.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has been around the game for his entire life, and I think in all his fame and glory, he may have let his guard down a bit in regards to the darker side of society that has associated with pool from the beginning.

We need to not look any further than the cold case of Mike Surber of what can happen when you are gambling heavy with a bank roll on your pocket. Reading Danny DiLibertos book brought the realization that the dangers and risks of such a life are not isolated and new.

Shane is himself a target as is any other successful player and all it takes is to get lulled into a lifestyle of trust and letting your guard down and that's when the worst happens.

Hopefully, this is an expensive wake up call for not just Shane but every other pool player in time for the Expo.
Compared to what could've happened, this is cheap.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
What was the hotel...they're on the hook for it. Unless the watch had sentimental value just replace it and move on. It sucks but thats the donwside to humanity these days.

$TAKE HO$E ~~~> Always vigil for hotels saying "stay here at your own risk, not responsible for anything"

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
What was the hotel...they're on the hook for it. Unless the watch had sentimental value just replace it and move on. It sucks but thats the donwside to humanity these days.

$TAKE HO$E ~~~> Always vigil for hotels saying "stay here at your own risk, not responsible for anything"

Just FYI:

Posting a sign in one's business or property stating "not responsible for ...." doesn't necessarily mean it is so. Just like posting a sign in one's car window stating: "Not responsible for damages caused by accidents"... doesn't hold water. :smile:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
maids are always the first to be suspect as they have a key. and since they didnt take the cues that is because they cannot hide them in their cart after they leave the room.

if the door wasnt broken then they are the first to be suspected.

but rarely will a person get his stuff back without cameras. and many places like las vegas the maids have a union and the management cant even look into their carts or question them about thefts.

but as said leaving valuables in hotel rooms is like leaving something in your car in plain sight.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The regular hotel room safes are so easy to open they're just a joke. Check youtube for all the instructions .. :-(

Really valuable stuff should be left in a hotel safe if possible. The room safes are probably the first place a thief will open if he/she is only slightly skilled.

Uhhh, how about a Leica M6 with a 35mm Asph lens, stolen from the HOTEL SAFE...
yup, that happened... Marriot Maui. I had to sue them... took a year to resolve.
Sure sounds like an inside job in Shane's case, too... employee probably clocked Shane's watch at some point, found the room number. I like watches, too.. never leave them anywhere!

And I don't think they took the cues simply because they're not easy to fence.. BTW, who leaves 2K in CASH in their hotel room?!

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most motel rooms have the long dressers to put your clothes in ( i never do though). There is usually a dead air space of 4 to 5 inches under the dresser. Lift it up and hide your laptops and valuables under there. Place the dresser in the same spot so you can't see flattened carpet. Hidden in plain sight. No maid is going to lift the dresser to clean. I hide my firearm under there when I go somewhere I can't carry it. When necessary, its safer then locking it in car.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah-usually it's about appearing rich so you can get robbed.

Yeah. Why have a nice house? Makes you look rich and worth breaking into. Nice car, nah, just risking getting it boosted or carjacked. Nice clothes, bad move. Don’t eat at a nice restersunt either because they’ll be waiting outside because rich people eat at good places. Got you.

Lou Figueroa
hope there’s a
Taco Bell nearby