Un-FREAKING-Buh leev ah bul!!!

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
This is JAW-DROPPING. A reallllyyyyyyyyyyyy good player showed me something close to this back in the 70s, but it was 9 ball, not all 15 balls!!! I can't really tell from this video but the drill I learned, the balls are all frozen to the rail. At the time he showed it to me, I was playing pretty sporty. So it only took me 258,377 attempts before finally running out ( and, yes... I kept count! ). It is BRUTAL!!! And this guy is doing it with 15 balls? And never touches any balls with the CB? AI YI YI YI YIIIIIIIIII.

I HATE this guy. And I don't even know him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTYGJzl3W4

Last edited:

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Very difficult indeed! I've tried this version before and it took me hours before I was able to do it. This kid makes it look so easy. Sorta disheartening!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Smart ass! I hate him! :thumbup:
Most of us couldn't do that if we tried for days. You have to thread the needle on so many shots. Notice everything was with an open bridge. So much for the closed bridge we've all been using for one hundred years. :smile:

By his fist pump at the end I suspect it took him several turns to accomplish this. I'd like to know how many? Whether it's five, ten or fifty, it's still quite an achievement to do it at all. I would pretty much give any professional player ten tries to match him on that layout. They'd have to show me!

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Smart ass! I hate him! :thumbup:
Most of us couldn't do that if we tried for days. You have to thread the needle on so many shots. Notice everything was with an open bridge. So much for the closed bridge we've all been using for one hundred years. :smile:

By his fist pump at the end I suspect it took him several turns to accomplish this. I'd like to know how many? Whether it's five, ten or fifty, it's still quite an achievement to do it at all. I would pretty much give any professional player ten tries to match him on that layout. They'd have to show me!

Amen, Revered Helfert, amen...

And the thing that REALLY gets me? He's ELEVEN years old!!! I mean... seriously? I couldn't even draw my ball 'TIL I WAS 13! There outta be a LAW!!! NO SUPERSTARS IN POCKET BILLIARDS UNTIL AT LEAST THE AGE OF 14!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fedor Gorst is something. He finished 2nd in the Bigfoot event at DCC this year at age 17, beating Pagulayan, DeLuna, and Morra. His 18th birthday was this week.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Fedor Gorst is something. He finished 2nd in the Bigfoot event at DCC this year at age 17, beating Pagulayan, DeLuna, and Morra. His 18th birthday was this week.

He's something else. Of course I was kidding with Jay about him being eleven. But, he actually wasn't much past it. He was 15 1/2 when that video was taken. Just phenomenal.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
It's amazing how quick these kids learn to play now. Things that took me years and years to learn they pick pick it up in a matter of months.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
It's amazing how quick these kids learn to play now. Things that took me years and years to learn they pick pick it up in a matter of months.

I hate 'em! ALL OF 'EM!!!

Just literally amazing...

If someone has never done that drill they cannot possibly appreciate HOW DIFFICULT it is. You have MAYBE 7 to 10 % margin of error for the angle you have to have on EVERY shot. It's mind-boggling to me a 15 yr old can jump up and just effortlessly stroll through 15 balls. Ok, the last 3 balls are cake. But every ball on the rail? Not so much...

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never shot that drill, but I've shot one using the same layout but the que ball couldn't hit a rail or another ball after the object ball was pocketed........kid plays well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I've never shot that drill, but I've shot one using the same layout but the que ball couldn't hit a rail or another ball after the object ball was pocketed........kid plays well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's one way to put it! I prefer "I HATE 'EM!!!"

:D

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats what you become when you have Johan Ruisjink as your coach and you dedicate yourself 100% :rolleyes::grin:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gave it a go after you posted it.

Took 11 tries before I was able to do it.

What sucked was I got to the 13 ball on the very first attempt before missing and then failed before the 7 ball 9 tries in a row....lol.

11th times a charm I guess.

It was nerve wrecking as you have to come very close to balls on every single shot until the last few.

It actually got me to thinking about giving American rotation a go for a while.

Good post. As others said, the kid can play.

Also, I wonder how many attempts it took him to do it?

Rake

ULTIMATE-BILL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was shown this. 40 plus years ago. He called it Peterson pool. I have heard this same name since. Very difficult but a great drill.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cat was giving someone i know a SERIOUS spot playing 1p at DCC this year. He came up against a TUFF long rail'r and just WARP-SIX'd the ball into his hole. Fedor is hard not to like. Really nice kid but he will TEAR your heart out and feed it to you on the table. Mature WAAAAY beyond his years.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
That's Kinisters drill.

When you first start using it place the balls about 3/4" off the rail. Then work your way to 1/8" off the rail. It'll drive you crazy. What's really tough is rearranging them in different patterns. He is using the same 3 ball patterns at the corners.

There are so many different options to this drill, I don't think there is one drill that has so many variables. And running them in order, is just sick.

Looks like Fedor is about 1/4" off the rail