Stream Question

Pool Room streaming, what is your requirement?

• Video ONLY, no Chat or Commentary

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Must have Commentary

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Must have Chat

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Must have Chat and Commetary

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
I could live without the chat room, but when there are GOOD commentators in the booth, you can actually learn something instead of just passively watching the balls fall in the pockets.

If commentary consists of Shawn Putnam complaining about being hungry, I would rather mute the match and talk to myself.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would you watch a free stream with no chat room and no commentators?

Tom:

Not to be nit-picky, but you might want to include a "with sound, but no commentary" option. It's not clear if this is already assumed in the "Video ONLY, no Chat or Commentary" option.

-Sean

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'd rather have commentary and/or chat, but if it was video only, of course I'd watch.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
IMO, not picky, good call out.

I doubt initially there would be any audio with the video, but maybe later.

Still working out the details. We are considering steaming all our Monthly events and maybe the Weekly Sunday open 9 ball events.

Tom:

Not to be nit-picky, but you might want to include a "with sound, but no commentary" option. It's not clear if this is already assumed in the "Video ONLY, no Chat or Commentary" option.

-Sean

blah blah

Shoebat
Heck yeah I'd watch. We never have the chat feature open/ visible, anyway. We often just play music or keep the volume super low so we can talk- the only time we listen to commentators is when it's a bunch of happy jokesters...

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Tom:

-Sean

+1.

If there is no sound, the stream might not be as enjoyable for some ppl.

Eric

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
I like some commentary. I usually watch full screen and it's nice to get updates on scores, players skill levels and any other information on the match or location. I especially like the commentary when it's done by a professional player or someone of advanced knowledge of the game.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Many years ago ABC Sports televised an NFL game without commentators as an experiment. It went over like a turd in a punch bowl, and they haven't done it since.
Free stream with good play-by-play, and none of that inane chat, is my pick. :)

flash5153

none
Silver Member
I think it is good with commentary and chat. But I have turned off several streams because the sound volume changed drastically.

Either for some type of AD with loud music playing or just talking louder into the mic. Had to constantly adjust the volume to watch,, and hear it.

It ticked me off,and still does. I would rather not watch without being able to hear. So it got shut off.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
Many years ago ABC Sports televised an NFL game without commentators as an experiment. It went over like a turd in a punch bowl, and they haven't done it since.
Free stream with good play-by-play, and none of that inane chat, is my pick. :)

You remember which game or when? I tried doing a quick search for this and couldn't find anything. I don't doubt you, just think its interesting and wanted to know if there were any articles or stats on it.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I voted video ONLY, but if there's someone like Danny D or Bill Incardona in the booth, I will use the commentary. I rarely ever use the chat. Too much woofing from a bunch of nit-tards.

Maniac

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you watch a free stream with no chat room and no commentators?

Like commentators , could live without chat . I find myself talking on the chat to much and not watching the game and miss out , Sometimes say things i shouldn't . I will say that it is nice to acknowledge familiar chat names and to thank those that provide the stream . A little discipline on my part and i like both . Between no commentators and no chat . No chat.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Well, I appreciate all the streams, but since you asked. My first priority in a good stream is enough light to get a good video. My second priority in a good stream is to have a camera set up high enough and square to the table.

After that, no commentary is best if it is left to the regulars at the room who care more about banter than pool talk. On the other hand, if it were Danny and Billy, well ... that's a different story. :grin:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
nothing is a "must" for me, but I do enjoy both commentary and chat. The banter between chat & commentators can add to the fun.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You remember which game or when? I tried doing a quick search for this and couldn't find anything. I don't doubt you, just think its interesting and wanted to know if there were any articles or stats on it.

I remember watching it, or most of it anyway. I said it was ABC but now that I think on it I believe it was a day game so it may not have been the old Monday Night Football after all.
Damn. Now you've got me thinking about it. I'll be back after I do a bit of Googlin'. :)

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes I would watch.....

....even if no chat or commentary.......isn't/wasn't that the style of "Pro pool video"?....

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I remember watching it, or most of it anyway. I said it was ABC but now that I think on it I believe it was a day game so it may not have been the old Monday Night Football after all.
Damn. Now you've got me thinking about it. I'll be back after I do a bit of Googlin'. :)

It was the Jets versus the Dolphins, on December 20th, 1980. The only audio was crowd noise. There were no announcers.
Since there were no play-off implications for either of these teams NBC thought they would give it a try. It failed. :)

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
It was the Jets versus the Dolphins, on December 20th, 1980. The only audio was crowd noise. There were no announcers.
Since there were no play-off implications for either of these teams NBC thought they would give it a try. It failed. :)

Ok, I was 2 months old so that explains me not remembering it, lol. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.