recovery help?

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am recovering a slate table its a 3 piece slate so i am curious as to how the felt/simonis is installed over the slate im stumped as its not a coin table w/one piece slate which is eazier to recover. anybody know the next step plase help thaqnks

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
i am recovering a slate table its a 3 piece slate so i am curious as to how the felt/simonis is installed over the slate im stumped as its not a coin table w/one piece slate which is eazier to recover. anybody know the next step plase help thaqnks

Call a mechanic.

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i am curious why you think a 3 piece slate is harder to recover than a 1 piece slate?

this question alone shows that you need professional help.

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
For what its worth there are several uploads on you tube showing various techniques. The best is the glueing method used in the Diamond table video. Check them out.

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
covering a table

okay i have seen em recover diamonds and i have recovered different tables in my life only question i have is this is the cloth stretchd over end slates and pulled down or is it stapled to the plywood strips that run along edges of slate? and why i know recovering a one piece slate is simple because all u have to do is stretch the felt over it and wrap it around edges with tthe spray glue but this is not a coin table its an old 3pieceslate imperial i have slate level as it will go and am close to having seems done all i gotta do is pull all stapels out of rails n stretch n staple it back all i need to know is do i stretch the simonis and glue or stretch n staple? i thought it seem pretty simple

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
professional help

i am curious why you think a 3 piece slate is harder to recover than a 1 piece slate?

this question alone shows that you need professional help.

u must need professional help buddy i already put the table together i had to rebuild it and rework it as for a one piece slate after u breakdown rails u jack the slate up if its a bar table it sits down inside rail mounts and is glued on for 9ft diamonds the slate sits there after u have rails off and u stretch it out sort of wrapping it like a box so here i have a 3 piece slate where u have to use rockhard at the seams smoothd out and slate is boltd down only thing is left is to put the cloth on and bolt rails back down u know the one thing u overlooked is that im smart enuff to ask how for free instead of calling some billliard company gouge me out of 3-4 hundred bucks and do something i could do my self! so thanks for support what was u thinkin

Dartman

Silver Member
Fubar

Putting cloth on slate with a wood rail liner you can glue to the slate edge or staple to the wood edge -
a matter of personal choice.

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
u must need professional help buddy i already put the table together i had to rebuild it and rework it as for a one piece slate after u breakdown rails u jack the slate up if its a bar table it sits down inside rail mounts and is glued on for 9ft diamonds the slate sits there after u have rails off and u stretch it out sort of wrapping it like a box so here i have a 3 piece slate where u have to use rockhard at the seams smoothd out and slate is boltd down only thing is left is to put the cloth on and bolt rails back down u know the one thing u overlooked is that im smart enuff to ask how for free instead of calling some billliard company gouge me out of 3-4 hundred bucks and do something i could do my self! so thanks for support what was u thinkin

i don't really know what you are saying but covering a table is not the same thing as leveling it and doing the seams ...

did you use a machinist level to get the table level?
did you use bondo for the seams?

from what you are saying you are doing it all wrong. Now you are going to buy some new cloth and mess that up also ....

so I would spend the money now so that you don't have to tear all apart when the table doesn't play right .....which it won't!

btw, i am not a mechanic ....but i know enough to see what the future will hold for you.....

send us some pictures if you are so confident that you are doing it correctly!

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recovery efforts

the slate had glue marks or buildup on the bottom of slate at intervals n pockets but thatwas for felt ive never seen simonis on a table like this but u said it i dont think pullin it over the wood is it because wood strips are slightly higher than slate is but spray glue is way to go i think becAUSE THATS HOW THE OLD FELT WAS APPLIED but like i said i was gonna put simonis 760 on it cause in like to bank n play onehole anyhow thanks by the way ive already had several installers/mechanics that i cant messup hell even if i do screw it up i only paid 100 bucks for it the slate is worth that and i could always go buy a diamond-if iwant to thanks

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recovery efforts

i don't really know what you are saying but covering a table is not the same thing as leveling it and doing the seams ...

did you use a machinist level to get the table level?
did you use bondo for the seams?

from what you are saying you are doing it all wrong. Now you are going to buy some new cloth and mess that up also ....

so I would spend the money now so that you don't have to tear all apart when the table doesn't play right .....which it won't!

btw, i am not a mechanic ....but i know enough to see what the future will hold for you.....

send us some pictures if you are so confident that you are doing it correctly!
u must not no how to do anything for urself i bet u cant change oil cant mow ur yard do u even gamble?lol u got a pessimistic attitude BONER imean roner az is here for people who help help sounds like u got it out for anyone trying to get free advice? its called the internet for a reason not the block me net so if we ever get to play im sure u get weight

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
u must not no how to do anything for urself i bet u cant change oil cant mow ur yard do u even gamble?lol u got a pessimistic attitude BONER imean roner az is here for people who help help sounds like u got it out for anyone trying to get free advice? its called the internet for a reason not the block me net so if we ever get to play im sure u get weight

You get an atta boy :thumbup:

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the slate had glue marks or buildup on the bottom of slate at intervals n pockets but thatwas for felt ive never seen simonis on a table like this but u said it i dont think pullin it over the wood is it because wood strips are slightly higher than slate is but spray glue is way to go i think becAUSE THATS HOW THE OLD FELT WAS APPLIED but like i said i was gonna put simonis 760 on it cause in like to bank n play onehole anyhow thanks by the way ive already had several installers/mechanics that i cant messup hell even if i do screw it up i only paid 100 bucks for it the slate is worth that and i could always go buy a diamond-if iwant to thanks

if you all ready know what to do then why ask? If you do a search in this section you will find all the answers to your questions, but you will also find that there are people here that make a living doing the things that you want done. if you get a reference from here, you can gaurantee that you will get what you want and pay for, a great playing table. if you use the 3M spay you won't be happy! but I am not a table mechanic either

wvroadplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recovery efforts

Thanks to all the research and advice i just like do most of my own work. I respect the mechanics who have showed me what to do. I guess its just a matter of preference on which glue or how to staple and etc. and whether to use bondo or beez wax?? i also had to find screw feet because old ones were shot and i rested the table an extra 2 inches higher than standard so i can leave it on concrete and put padding n carpet around table for comfort. I am also going to build my own table light so itlle be about a month ill post pics as to motivate yall azers and ther aint nuthin wrong with payin someone to do a good job i just wanted to teach myself how to do these things because i love all things pool and billiard. i may even venture into making some oneoff cues in future as for my own pride and feedback. i did get a lil twisted on one post but my head is on straight so look forward to pics as im lookin to gettin it done!! yes some of us in wv can read spell and write play onepocket and we aint married to a cousin lmfao arotfl

realkingcobra

Silver Member
yes some of us in wv can read spell and write play onepocket and we aint married to a cousin lmfao arotfl

But the Police in WV still can't use DNA evidence to arrest a suspect for a crime, because if DNA was used, they'd end up with half the state as suspects...LMAO

Last edited:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
But the Police in WV still can't use DNA evidence to arrest a suspect for a crime, because if DNA was used, they'd end up with half the state as suspects...LMAO

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: Now thats funny! I needed a good laugh, thanks guys! I think you missed a table in Houston Glen, I'll catch it tomorrow- you want to stop in Shreveport for a Diamond? Call me