cue component doing shady stuff beware

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He doesn't visit because he is banned

He was a freeloader here . He had freaking banners longer than a page. Badmouthed all paying advertisers here while he was a freeloader.
And someone called AZ on it. How in the world is a FREELOADER ( he wasn't even a gold member ) bashing paying advertisers ?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
He does sell fakes. Morakami are just Kamui fakes.

I got Moori tips that came from him in the blister packaging. He came on my sale thread (I didn't end up needing them and priced them at my cost) and accused me of selling knockoff tips.

I asked if he sells knockoffs then, since they came from him.

He stopped claiming knockoffs and started saying it's my fault that I'm so stupid and take bad photos. :rolleyes:

He's a quality gentleman.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I am confused (seems to regularly occur to me around this place). Long story short: if this guy is in fact the total pos portrayed, how was he able to create and maintain a profitable or successful business? In my opinion, the behavior asserted should not have been tolerated long enough for anyone to grow any kind of business.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Erik Walker
Sat, Aug 22, 8:58 PM (2 days ago)
You do understand that this is not what i ordered, look at my order this is different

CueComponents <info@cuecomponents.com>
Sun, Aug 23, 12:57 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Erik,

You’re spinning your wheels here. You damaged the product and now expect us to make it right; not happening. A client told us you cried on AZ. We don’t visit that scum factory as we have nothing in common with all those born losers. We do however, want to thank you very much for posting on AZ and giving us the publicity. You see, good news or bad news promotes business and increases our exposure, web site hits and orders as well. Be sure to say hi to all the fiends on there and thank everyone and please keep that thread going!

Have a great week.

Well this is a real stand up guy, trust worth, honest, great business man etc ?! NOT, but at least he spelled my name right this time.

My entire opinion of this man and his company comes from this post. It really says it all.

It’s not surprising that a few folks around here who know him say his personal life is even a bigger wreck with a worse reputation that his professional life.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Several months back, I happened upon Cue Components website and read a diatribe against Tiger Products (a company I had done incidental business with from its early days) and decided, then and there, I did not want to do any business with Cue Components. No animosity or hard feelings against Cue Components -- it just did not seem to be “my cup of tea”.

I understand the schools of thoughts expressed herein, but I cannot explain, to myself, how anyone can remain in business, much less flourish, if it treats customers as poorly as alleged. In the world I know, customers expect to be appreciated. Happy, satisfied customers are a hallmark of successful businesses.

What am I missing?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...how anyone can remain in business, much less flourish, if it treats customers as poorly as alleged. In the world I know, customers expect to be appreciated. Happy, satisfied customers are a hallmark of successful businesses.

What am I missing?
Huge volume and a small percentage of very vocal unhappy buyers who can easily share dissatisfaction.

Add that to his response style= where we are today.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very well put!

Huge volume and a small percentage of very vocal unhappy buyers who can easily share dissatisfaction.

Add that to his response style= where we are today.

Very well put and pretty much exactly what Joe said when we talked about it many years ago. Joe figures if he loses one or two percent of his customers that are likely to be headaches anyway he is better off to lose them. Long before I met Joe, I realized the same thing about my storefront business. Way less than five percent of my customers created 95% of the headaches! I jumped at the chance to give these people small amounts of credit or do other things that would probably keep them from coming back without stirring up ill will. Some real jerks, I didn't mind a little ill will!

A local business bought an automotive air conditioning condenser and the high pressure hose. My place was so busy that I pulled it myself. With the car it was in largely dismantled already it was easiest to leave condenser and hose together so that is what I did. Without using a back-up wrench you will twist the neck off of the condenser trying to pull the hose.

They brought the condenser back a few hours later with the neck twisted off. Had I had another on the yard I would have given it to them. I didn't and I politely refused a refund when they had destroyed the component. Less than thirty minutes later a woman called raising more hell than a pig stuck under a fence! She was the shop owner's wife and she said her husband was the one that was working on that car. After five or ten minutes of nonstop rant she screamed, "My husband has been working on cars over twenty years, he ought to know how to use his tools!" "Yes ma'am, he ought to." A minute of silence and she hung up.

Called back a little later, wanted to speak to the owner. "Speaking." "I don't want to speak to the manager, I want to speak to the owner!" "Speaking."
"I don't think we have anything else to talk about!" I didn't either so she hung up. They stopped payment on the check paying for the condenser and I nailed the check over my sales counter.

I got along well with about 98% or 99% of the people that I dealt with. Some of those others were pure pleasure to run off!

Things went sideways with Joe and the OP when he called Joe a fool. Now he has decided that Joe is a thief despite never having stolen anything from OP. Not only that, judging by his later post best I can decipher it, anyone that doesn't agree with him is probably a thief too!

His account has been around for six years or so best I recall. In all of that time he has made about a dozen posts using this account, about half of them about Joe and the cue tips. Somehow I suspect there is a bit more to the story than the one-sided version we are reading.

Hu

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Several months back, I happened upon Cue Components website and read a diatribe against Tiger Products (a company I had done incidental business with from its early days) and decided, then and there, I did not want to do any business with Cue Components. No animosity or hard feelings against Cue Components -- it just did not seem to be “my cup of tea”.

I understand the schools of thoughts expressed herein, but I cannot explain, to myself, how anyone can remain in business, much less flourish, if it treats customers as poorly as alleged. In the world I know, customers expect to be appreciated. Happy, satisfied customers are a hallmark of successful businesses.

What am I missing?

He had good stuff and a lot of it. He had a bunch of ivory and exotic wood which became more valuable when they were banned. He also had unfinished premium blanks and parts. He did make news when he was targeted for violating the Endangered Species Act. (Though I don't care for Joe's big mouth, I don't know if he was fairly targeted but he certainly could have been one of the largest dealers of ivory stock in the USA). That put a big crimp in his business. FYI Joe Barringer is not his original name but I can't remember what it is.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/florida-businessman-pleads-guilty-illegal-trade-elephant-ivory

And here is his reposnse and typical tirade: https://www.cuecomponents.com/illegalivory.html

FYI my buddy bought two premium sneaky Pete blanks from Joe at my suggestion, one cocobolo and one ebony. They were both warped. Joe replaced them after an argument.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
It's hilarious that when I first saw this thread, the OP's bar was completely red. Now, he's completely green. What did he do to deserve the red swipe? What did he do to deserve someone giving him a green?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Calling "Thief", etc., is not a good idea

A word of caution to everyone: Be careful about writing that someone is a thief or that someone is guilty of, or engages in, criminal activity -- your doing so may constitute LIBEL PER SE, which may get you sued, which may result in you paying thousands of dollars. SO RESTRAIN YOURSELF for your sake.

My experience, over 30 years ago, involved a dispute between an inventor and a retailer who were both in a relatively small industry -- comparable to cue making. The dispute revolved around whether of not the retailer had contractually acquired the right to incorporate the inventor's new invention into the retailer's new product. First, a flaming #*@&show was waged back and forth on the internet until, finally, the inventor wrote, essentially, "if the retailer sells you an ABC with my XYZ in it, he'll have to do it from Parchman" thereby implying that the retailer would be guilty of criminal activity.

Next, the flaming #*@&show really began in the Texas judicial system. Ultimately, the inventor and his insurance company paid 30K to 40K between defense costs and a settlement. The inventor was very fortunate that his insurance company opted to participate in the defense and settlement (another story) but the inventor was still out of pocket for a significant amount of money, not to mention his time away from work, aggravation, embarrassment, etc.

I have been meaning to tell this tale on AZB for some time because of several potentially libelous posts I've read here. The complete story is much more complicated than what I have related, and this is not everything one needs to know on this subject. I am merely trying to provide here, the context for a very important moral: THE BETTER PRACTICE MAY BE TO REFRAIN FROM WRITING EVERYTHING YOU THINK.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
A word of caution to everyone: Be careful about writing that someone is a thief or that someone is guilty of, or engages in, criminal activity -- your doing so may constitute LIBEL PER SE, which may get you sued, which may result in you paying thousands of dollars. SO RESTRAIN YOURSELF for your sake.

My experience, over 30 years ago, involved a dispute between an inventor and a retailer who were both in a relatively small industry -- comparable to cue making. The dispute revolved around whether of not the retailer had contractually acquired the right to incorporate the inventor's new invention into the retailer's new product. First, a flaming #*@&show was waged back and forth on the internet until, finally, the inventor wrote, essentially, "if the retailer sells you an ABC with my XYZ in it, he'll have to do it from Parchman" thereby implying that the retailer would be guilty of criminal activity.

Next, the flaming #*@&show really began in the Texas judicial system. Ultimately, the inventor and his insurance company paid 30K to 40K between defense costs and a settlement. The inventor was very fortunate that his insurance company opted to participate in the defense and settlement (another story) but the inventor was still out of pocket for a significant amount of money, not to mention his time away from work, aggravation, embarrassment, etc.

I have been meaning to tell this tale on AZB for some time because of several potentially libelous posts I've read here. The complete story is much more complicated than what I have related, and this is not everything one needs to know on this subject. I am merely trying to provide here, the context for a very important moral: THE BETTER PRACTICE MAY BE TO REFRAIN FROM WRITING EVERYTHING YOU THINK.

Although it does happen, it's rare not much chance of that happening here as long as the statements are true. Somebody would have to prove false statement and damages. Let's say Amonkire was not really a customer and was making up a story to defame Cure Components, then you may have a libel case.

As far as I know, nobody on AZ has sued or been sued based on libel for the things mentioned, even with all the crazies that have come across here. I do know of a few some physical altercations. I know there are a couple of noses I would have liked to had a look at, but nothing like you've mentioned and there have been many, many potential cases over the years, as you can imagine.

Last edited:

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Truth is a defense. But libel and slander per se are dangerous species of defamation because one does not have to prove certain damages -- reputation harm and emotional distress -- they are presumed due to the nature of the communication.

Libel per se is "[a] defamatory statement that is communicated in a fixed medium and is considered to be so harmful on its face that the plaintiff need not prove special damages. Examples of libel per se are statements that:
(i) relate to the person’s business or profession to the person’s detriment;
(ii) falsely claim that the person committed a crime of moral turpitude;
(iii) imputes unchastity on the person; or
(iv) claim that the person suffers from a loathsome disease." https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel_per_se

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

What am I missing?
Get really cheap stuff made. Paint blue skies and watch the suckers fall for them.

Many moons ago, he wanted to sell Kamui. He was told by the Kamui people he'd have to buy from Kamui USA. Kamui was not a huge brand in the US until they hired the right person to market them in the US. Props to Kamui as they stayed loyal to that person. The scavenger wanted to put that person out of business. The scavenger then was told to take a hike and was butt hurt from then. He then started marketing Kamui copycats . They even have comedic names .
That from a man who once whined a handshake is not what it used to be. Hmmm, hypocrite much ?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who would the Florida turd sue? I guess if you go by your real name on here and sling shit you might be in legal hot water but i kinda doubt it. I doubt he monitors AZ anymore.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Truth is a defense. But libel and slander per se are dangerous species of defamation because one does not have to prove certain damages -- reputation harm and emotional distress -- they are presumed due to the nature of the communication.

Libel per se is "[a] defamatory statement that is communicated in a fixed medium and is considered to be so harmful on its face that the plaintiff need not prove special damages. Examples of libel per se are statements that:
(i) relate to the person’s business or profession to the person’s detriment;
(ii) falsely claim that the person committed a crime of moral turpitude;
(iii) imputes unchastity on the person; or
(iv) claim that the person suffers from a loathsome disease." https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel_per_se

I agree. During a cyber arrest your computer history can't be erased from the ISP, from your browser yes, but not the ISP the same people that give torrent warnings just by monitoring your internet usage.

or electrical and water usage if you are a grow house

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
joe barringer is the owner of https://www.cuecomponents.com/ and a very shady figure at best. I ordered two tips from him and he sent me fakes then went off the hinges when I confronted him about it take a look at the emails. What is sad is that he knows that he is now cheating people, sending copies, but after looking him up I see that this isn't the first time he has done illegal things! Just thought people should know. I would sue but he is only shorting me about 10 bucks, not worth my time.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 10:53 AM (10 days ago)
Erik, I received your phone call but we are out-of-town, what’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
Wed, Aug 12, 3:59 PM (10 days ago)
I recently received several tips from you, two of which were tiger onyx, but both were not good. One delaminated and the other is hard as a rock and miscueing.

CueComponents
Wed, Aug 12, 6:15 PM (10 days ago)
Erik, These tips come directly from Tiger and no one complains about them. The tips are manufactured to certain specifications. Any errors or delamination is du

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 12:36 AM (9 days ago)
I hope you are still going to make this right because you are a good person & business man !?

CueComponents
Thu, Aug 13, 12:58 AM (9 days ago)
Sorry we do not refund on tips that delaminate due to human error.

Erik Walker
Thu, Aug 13, 8:09 PM (9 days ago)
Fool, I know that it was not human error, I also know that it was not the same tips that I've been getting from you, Those two are very different. I could easil

CueComponents <info@cuecomponents.com>
Fri, Aug 14, 12:07 AM (8 days ago)
to me

You’re an asshole plain and simple. They’re the same tips we’ve been selling for 20 years. You screwed them up with your quality installation. Tips just don’t go bad without human intervention. Face reality pinhead. I don’t need to rip you off for $20 stinking dollars. Please tell everyone you can and who’ll listen to your bullshit. You don’t like my reply so obviously it’s our fault rather than admit it was you.

You expect me to pay for your screw-up. Not happening.

Now, go away and back under the rock you came from.

CueComponents
Fri, Aug 21, 11:40 AM (1 day ago)
Eric, What’s the problem? -- Kind Regards, Joe info@CueComponents.com 386-424-0300 illegitimi non carborundum

Erik Walker
7:33 PM (1 hour ago)
i had received two tips that were not what i ordered, they are the fake tiger onyx they have a brown strip in them not red, I tried to tell you guys that they were different but then all communication went wrong. I have the proof it is not my install that was the problem, it was inferior tips. Also I would like to add that I do all my installs by hand not lathe so I don't have heat problems. Now it would be good of you to send me the tips that I ordered which were the tiger onyx not the onyx extreme that was sent last time, I can also show the pics. In all of my orders with your company I have never had a problem with tiger onyx tips or any other company for that matter. I just need you to make this right.

CueComponents
8:24 PM (1 hour ago)
Let me explain something to you. We have Tiger Onyx and Onyx Extreme. If you order Tiger, we send Tiger. If you order Extreme, we send Extreme. And, just for your own clarification we don’t sell “fake” anything. Onyx Extreme are a separate tip that stands on its own.

Now, looking at that tip, you mangled it. It’s not the tip.

I don’t know what you did to that tip but it’s not normal and not a normal install. Installing without a lathe is more abusive than with a lathe.

I’m done with this.

Erik Walker <ew.agent@gmail.com>
8:58 PM (34 minutes ago)
to info

You do understand that this is not what i ordered, look at my order this is different

Sounds like Joe...if you want to get results by disparriaging him here...good luck.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
main forum is not customer service dept for returns.

thread should be moved?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really care if your an "original" or not, there is no excuse to talk to people in that way. Look at Mr. Barringer site, it's full of his personal ramblings. He used to be on AZB also, but was banned several times and had quite a few fake accounts as well.
He has sold his own tips for a long time and copying the logo and design of several well known brands, not sure how he gets away with that...
As for the quality of what Mr. Barringer sells or used to sell, that can be debated too. The "jet black" phenolic is far from jet black and the Micarta is nothing like the old stuff. My experience with wood from CueComponents is limited, but there are plenty of stories about lack of quality control and descriptions not matching what you actually get.
I at one point bought his DVD's from Ebay and I must say it's some of the worst instructional videos ever made! In the videos you get a clear idea of what type of personality Mr. Barringer is. His love for CA and PU glue is certainly very clear...
As for the tips, the ones I've seen is utter rubbish! I do about 1000 tips each year, just about every brand you can name, so I feel confident in my own technique and the tools I use. Every Morakami tip a customer has ever given me has delaminated. I bought a few boxes of Super- Pro tips from Mr. Barringer way back and after 15 tips delaminating, I gave up on them. I still have the boxes on my shelf just to remind my self to buy quality over quantity.