My last table install for the year-- Custom Gold Crown

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Well it's been awhile since I've posted but I finished this beauty yesterday.
The owner of this beautiful custom Gold Crown resides in Palmdale, CA. Anyways, headed to Georgia tomorrow for vacation so this one was a great one to finish the year off with.

Not many pictures due to time constraints but enjoy.

some pics of the custom work:
P1030738.jpg

P1030737.jpg

P1030735.jpg

P1030740.jpg

pic during install

P1030743.jpg

i wish I had more installation pics

after install pics

P1030747.jpg

P1030746.jpg

P1030744.jpg

P1030748.jpg

P1030749.jpg

I really enjoyed this one. The customer was smiling ear to ear and very happy with it. Maybe he will join the site and chime in.

islandracer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice - really like the finish on those pockets castings. Food for thought for mine. Is it just me or are those pockets seriously tight?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Nice,

What did you do to customize the rails? They don't look like laminate to me.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
The only thing that I did to the table was a full install. The rail cushion was already done by another well known California mechanic, (pool #66 artemis, white facings and 4in pockets). I told the owner what to expect out of the table once I found out what cushions was installed on the table.

The custom finish and gold leaf tribal designs were previously done by a custom chopper builder.

I really was surprised to find small nails in the featherstrip area. I didnt think a well known mechanic would do such a hack move. Oh well, its got fresh fitting new featherstrips in it now.

Anyways, I am vacationing in South Georgia and will be hitting up some of the local pool halls in the area. Anyone want to hit some balls around, I have my cue

later,
Coop

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Not into all of the tribal designs, but I love the finish of the wood and castings on this table. I am digging the diamond markers too.

The only thing that I did to the table was a full install. The rail cushion was already done by another well known California mechanic, (pool #66 artemis, white facings and 4in pockets). I told the owner what to expect out of the table once I found out what cushions was installed on the table.

The custom finish and gold leaf tribal designs were previously done by a custom chopper builder.

I really was surprised to find small nails in the featherstrip area. I didnt think a well known mechanic would do such a hack move. Oh well, its got fresh fitting new featherstrips in it now.

Anyways, I am vacationing in South Georgia and will be hitting up some of the local pool halls in the area. Anyone want to hit some balls around, I have my cue

later,
Coop

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

later,
Coop

are you saying he didn't calibrate the rails to fit k-66 and that the rail height is wrong

barefoot3zk5

THE Kings, Alive and Well
Silver Member
jus curious where in south Ga ?? My dad was from Tifton.. Also .. nice job.. altho I personally wouldnt have done the camel cloth.. There is a room in Daytona that has that on there tables and it jus dont work for me .. Jus sayin ..

goldcrown4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not into all of the tribal designs, but I love the finish of the wood and castings on this table. I am digging the diamond markers too.

I too took notice of the diamond sights... their color matches the ornate tribal graphics, which if one is going to customize their table, is a nice touch.

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
I wish i knew what finish was on the table. It almost looks like a "candy" finish. Its definately automotive. I can probally find out.

Zack, started to call you the other day to see how Japan is?

Donny, thanks and you also have a good Christmas.

Barefoot, Im staying in Sumter Co. around Plains, Ga with my folks. I have to drive to Albany to play at Breaktime Billiards. Probally will take a trip up to Columbus to see if anything is happening there.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
(pool #66 artemis, white facings and 4in pockets). I told the owner what to expect out of the table once I found out what cushions was installed on the table.

Coop

To bad about the cushions being the wrong profile, but you did a great job setting up and installing the cloth buddy.

Glen