Jump Cue: What do you use

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
having a dedicated Jump Cue seems to be the majority vote for those that actually do Jump. However, I dont see a whole lot of commercial jumps available.

Lucasi has a couple, I kind of like the sport grip one. J&J... Tadpole/Frog......Predator is apparently no longer available and seems to be selling used for more that it used to sell for retail.

So what jump do you use and a balpark of cost please?

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently have the Frog.

I was fortunate b/c the shop I purchased it in got it right around Christmas so I was able to get the cue and Robin Dodson's DVD for $99.

I actually like the cue but I don't spend a whole lot of time with it even though I put it together just in case I do need it.

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently have the Frog.

I was fortunate b/c the shop I purchased it in got it right around Christmas so I was able to get the cue and Robin Dodson's DVD for $99.

I actually like the cue but I don't spend a whole lot of time with it even though I put it together just in case I do need it.

Is there a difference in the Frog and Tadpole?
Maybe I read once the only difference was color???? one was black and the other green?

kanecalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Lucasi Air Hog is an awesome production jump cue. I found it used here for $70. I'm hoping to try a Lomax in Vegas, heard nothing but great things about them.

PGHteacher

John Fischer
Silver Member
What do you use

McDermott NG03 stinger jump/break. I don't think they make it anymore the NG05 is close. From the things I have tried this works the best (for me). I think the NG05 is cheaper though, I bought the best and I think people said what am I getting for the extra $150? I paid $380. It is the best J/B I have ever shot with.

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference in the Frog and Tadpole?
Maybe I read once the only difference was color???? one was black and the other green?

Black for Tadpole. Green for Frog. To my knowledge, there is no discernible difference other than in color.

Big_mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a fisher jump cue.. but sadly the shaft was broken by somoene at the pool room. but i had mike yingling make me a new shaft and it works great..

smahalko

Hammer Time!
Silver Member
Black for Tadpole. Green for Frog. To my knowledge, there is no discernible difference other than in color.

yeahthat.gif
You are correct sir!

I plan on getting the "Tadpole" fairly soon. I had it before ( it was stolen ).
I actually won it from Robin and her husband
during the Rally in the Valley event quite a few years ago.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Phillippi is making me a dedicated jumper right now... part of a package with a dedicated break cue. Not sure how much it would be on it's own. Should be done in a couple weeks actually.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have the Tadpole. It improved my jumping by leaps and bounds (pun intended) :D!!!

Plus, just talking to Robin on the phone was worth the price of the cue!!!

Maniac

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems everyone here has the best...but my $20 J&J works just fine.:thumbup:

Money wise, the J&J jump cues cannot be beat. They jump so much easier than most other jump cues, and for the price <$50, just get one. There are a lot of jump cues that have catchy promoting ads, or designs which make people want them, some are worth it, some are not, don't waste your time buying a >$200 jump cue when your ability to jump is poor. Get a J&J jump cue for now, as it is very easy to resell.