Jump Cue: What do you use

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am working on 40 jumpcues right now that will be finished before the texas open.

The best jump cue on earth is made by this man.
The hanshew jumper in unbeatable

Ive had 20 different jump cues. And I will never have another one.

SVB wants this cue but he cant use it. Sponsorship, blahblahblah
Donny Mills just tried mine in Vegas, he wants one now. When the new batch is done.

My girlfriend, which alot of you may know Ming Ng, shes 5 ft tall, could never jump a ball with any jump cue. Now this cue makes it very simple for her, its automatic. First night she used mine, she jumped balls for an hour straight, was like a kid in a candy store. Ofcourse then I had to buy her one also.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Anyone use two jump cues? One for longer down table shots and the other for short soft close hops?

Nope...I use my McDermott NG01 Stinger J/B (Samsara J/B tip) with an overhand (dart) stroke when reaching down table. Works great.

Last edited:

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member

Donny Mills just tried mine in Vegas, he wants one now. When the new batch is done.

My girlfriend, which alot of you may know Ming Ng, shes 5 ft tall, could never jump a ball with any jump cue. Now this cue makes it very simple for her, its automatic. First night she used mine, she jumped balls for an hour straight, was like a kid in a candy store. Ofcourse then I had to buy her one also.

Agreed. Mr. Hanshew makes one hell of a cue. At one point when i lived in TX, my jump cue and playing cue were both made by James. Great cues, and SUPER nice guy!!! He invited me to the shop and offered me a beer while he put the wrap and tip on my playing cue. How often do you get that kind of hospitality from a.cuemaker?!?!?!
Not to mentikn he is an EMT. If you get the chance to meet him, shake his.hand, and thank him for what he does.
A+ for James and his cues!!!

His deer antler ferrules are also my fav combo when paired with a moori med... used that setup for almost 3 years.

I hate to admit it but i lost my kingwood and birdseye 4 point Hanshew in a bad bet while in Colorado. Never underestimate the little 85 year old man with a cane.

I am a notch on the belt of Old man Tony at Antiques billiard museum in colorado Springs, CO... likely the best golf player i have ever seen on a 10' snooker table.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

alicehusty

Registered
Jump Cues

Hi, I don't have any lucasi with me but I have an old predator with me and I have played a lot of jump shots with that cue and I would disagree with you that they are unavailable because they are available at many stores of Anaheim and elsewhere.

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My girlfriend, which alot of you may know Ming Ng, shes 5 ft tall, could never jump a ball with any jump cue. Now this cue makes it very simple for her, its automatic. First night she used mine, she jumped balls for an hour straight, was like a kid in a candy store. Ofcourse then I had to buy her one also.[/QUO Haven't tried one. Have you ever tried a Alex Brick?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Jumper

I have a J&J Break/jump but I am not happy with my jumping percentage for making the ball with the jumper. I was thinking about getting a Frog again (Had one of the original 46" Frogs). I would like to know though how much is this Hanshew jumper?

Does he have a website?

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
So far I have a lucasi jump/break which is horrible. Its a cheap one though, around 150. Then I have a bungee, works pretty good. I have a predator air too, I like that one for short hops. Then I recently got a Jacoby, and right away I liked it better than the others. Thank you AZ!

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Her loss is my gain. I just bought the Poison that she had prior to this and it is far and away the best jump cue that I have ever tried.

Yes those jump good also. And the price is better. I like the rubber handle also.

poolshooter74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poison blackbelt for 75 bucks or so is very good for dart method jumps, for the longer jumps i use my j/b cue for pendulum jumps, the poison jump doesn't work very well for these jumps seems to light.

thumbs up for poison blackbelt or striker jump cues!

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the jacoby. It's $125 new and works great. I tried a rat and it is better but I'm not going to switch until the jacoby breaks/gets stolen/etc.

ascreech

Registered
I have a Reaper jump cue by Mike Gulyassy (babysproshop.com). I've had it for a few months, and no longer use my jump/break for jumping. It's only about 6 ounces, which is great for dart-style jumps (my shoulder doesn't like the overhand jump stroke). Everyone who's tried it likes it, too. It was definitely a good investment.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am a fan of the sledgehammer.

honestly, any phenolic-tipped cue is like cheating, it is so effective.

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
I currently use a J&J Jump break with the phenolic ferrule/tip. I only use the jumper. I use a Gulyassy orange crusher as break cue. The J&J with the upgraded shaft cost me 50-60. Jumping with that is super easy. I hear so much about about a lomax cue that i made contact with steve about buying one of his.

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm currently using my Woodworth j/b. I'm going to go to Nashville in a couple of weeks and pick a Alex Brick jump cue.