Jump Cue: What do you use

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I have a Bungee jump cue that was turned down (around the butt) on a lathe.

Leather tip. Jumps like a cat after a firecracker went off.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
James, speaking of cats and fire crackers, I have a joke.

I traded a Frog and $40 for a new Jacoby jump cue. Not a bad deal on my end. I liked my Tad Pole, jumped very nice but I couldn't jump with the Frog if my life depended on it.

The finish bubbled on the Tad and the wrap unraveled off the Frog. Under the wrap, there was no trace that glue was ever used.

A young boy was visiting his pregnant Mom in the hospital. Lets call this young lad Johnny. While there, a minister came to visit too. He sprinkled Holy water on Johnny's moms tummy. Johnny asked the minister why he did that.
The minister replied, "its so your Mom will pass a fine baby".

Johnny looked at the minister and said, "I know something that works better than that".

The minister looked at little Johnny and said, "you do, and what is that".

Johnny said to the minister, "Gasoline, put some on a Cats A ss and he will pass a FN motorcycle".

The Jacoby is reasonably priced and has a brass ferrule and a G10 tip on it. It does jump pretty sporty.

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
I own a jacoby, bunjee, poison, and pechauer jump cue. I love them all but my poison beats the other 3 by a tiny hair.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Anyone use two jump cues? One for longer down table shots and the other for short soft close hops?

Chalk&Awe

Gotta have that cue!
Silver Member
Money wise, the J&J jump cues cannot be beat. They jump so much easier than most other jump cues, and for the price <$50, just get one. There are a lot of jump cues that have catchy promoting ads, or designs which make people want them, some are worth it, some are not, don't waste your time buying a >$200 jump cue when your ability to jump is poor. Get a J&J jump cue for now, as it is very easy to resell.

I agree, I have a J&J that I bought almost brand new from someone that was moving and was getting rid of his pool cues for $20. It jumps just fine for me. :thumbup:

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Predator Air that I got free with my purchase of a BK2.

It works great.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 1992 JOSS jump cue, ordered it from Dan Janes himself. It's the only jump cue I have ever had and I have no plans to get another.

duanet85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby jump cue and a jerico jump cue. I don't think jump breaks are really considered here as the op asked about a dedicated jumper. I've tried a lot if em, kept those two so far.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a j&j until this week when my Jacoby arrived. The J&J was good but the Jacoby beats it hands down. I've tried others but the Jacoby gets air very easy and is controllable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Tiger Icebreaker as a jump cue. I carry just the 2 piece jump butt and shaft with me and leave the end butt piece at home.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using my Andy Gilbert...just got an X-breaker...so I see how it fair with my Gilbert.

Regards,
Duc.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Anyone use two jump cues? One for longer down table shots and the other for short soft close hops?

I have a STEALTH 3 piece jumper that works well for that and for $99 it was a good deal.

I also have a Mace J/B by Rick Howard, a purple heart shafted Mark Bear Jump cue and another one I can't remember the name of right now.

shouse10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use an original patent pending sledgehammer jump break. I used to have a J&J jump cue and it worked fine just not as easy to jump with as the sledgehammer

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the mcdermott ng05 jb cue, I do not use it for breaking anymore as I feel that I loose power in my break due to it being a 2 piece butt. I like a solid butt, the ob break, but the stinger shaft with the jump handle that came with the ng package is amazing! I never used it, when I had to jump I simply just broke down my break cue instead of taking the time to use the jump handle it came with, big mistake!

I used it for the first time just a few weeks ago, and I am jumping like I never thought I could, BTW I have a samsara tip on it with the phenolic (stinger) base still on the bottom and into the furrel.

On another note, I heard that diamond wood jump cue (cannot remember the brand of the jumper it was) is the tits. It weighs a ton, I believe around 12-16oz. But all of the reviews and testimonials I have seen are raving about it. So I may try and get one, the maker is a very weird name. found it! BOUSKA dYmondwood jump cue, and I think it is 12oz or so.

I would like to try one of these very much, I am a good player, and pick up on techniques very easily, but jumping for some reason is hit or miss for me. But since I made my stinger a dedicated jump cue with the handle, I am much much better, though I may get one of these bouska jumps.

just my 2cents. thanks