The International 9-Ball Open

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Watson came the closest to winning a major....
...he lost the British Open in a playoff at the age of 59.

Yes, I remember Stewart Cink's classy comment after he won. Cink said "Even I was rooting for Watson." A quote for the ages.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't make a spot shot to win a game, what are doing playing in this tournament?

If I scratch on the 9 I want my opponent to have a free shot on the 9 (or a concession by me). I don’t want a spot shot - which is missable as proved over time again and again by professionals and/or elite players missing some (not many but some) of their spot shots. The reasoning behind my first sentence is that it is an integral part of the rules of pool and those rules are solid and and have been agreed upon over a long period of tIme and have been proved to be fair.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watson, born in September of 1949, won eight majors, the last of them being the British Open in 1983, at the age of 33. His last Masters title came in 1981 at the age of 31.

Actually, no player in history has won a regular PGA tour major while playing on the senior tour, although Nicklaus' 1986 Masters win at the age of 46 still has many of us oohing and aahing
Davis Love3 won the Wyndham at 51. Funk and Stadler have don it also. Snead(pre SeniorTour) won at 52. Non-majors i know but still pretty sporty.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry folks - I misremembered. I was thinking of Ben Crenshaw’s victory at the Masters guided by the angel of Harvey Penick. For some reason I had his age way off. :).

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I scratch on the 9 I want my opponent to have a free shot on the 9 (or a concession by me). I don’t want a spot shot - which is missable as proved over time again and again by professionals and/or elite players missing some (not many but some) of their spot shots. The reasoning behind my first sentence is that it is an integral part of the rules of pool and those rules are solid and and have been agreed upon over a long period of tIme and have been proved to be fair.

Only since one foul came about.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
All Times Are Eastern

Sunday Oct. 21, 2018
Play Starts at 10:30am EDT

10:30am – Justin Bergman (11) vs. Eric Bayhon (3)

12:30pm - Johnny Archer (11) vs. Ralf Souquet (7)

2: 30pm - Mitch Ellerman (4) vs. Albin Ouschan (11)

Dinner Break

6:30pm – Shane McMinn vs. Jayson Shaw

8:30pm – Niels Feijen vs. Tyler Styer

10:30pm – Bill Thorpe vs. Ko Pin Yi

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Klenti wins first match of the event, 11 to 1. Fastest shooter in the first round. :)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Confirmed..

This might be a bad bet, but I just want the sheer satisfaction of a greenback to look at, as a result of his failure.

Not sure why he in particular gets my goat. It might be that I think he is the weakest world champion ever, outside of Daryl Peach.

Miscue....

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the brackets AZB up to date?
Because I don`t see some of the second round losers on the losers side.

On a side note:
Does someone else have problems when viewing the brackets on his mobile? Somehow it keeps jumping back to the starting position anytime I try to scroll through it.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oze147;6250663 On a side note: Does someone else have problems when viewing the brackets on his mobile? Somehow it keeps jumping back to the starting position anytime I try to scroll through it.[/QUOTE said:
I have the same issue when viewing the brackets on my tab :scratchhead:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, the cream is really rising to the top so far.

I The 2017 and 2016 Stars of Chesapeake Look Strong
Last year’s final four in Chesapeake still seem comfortable in Chesapeake, with Shaw, Kaci, Sanchez Ruiz and JL Chang a combined 12-0 so far. In 2016, Van Boening, JL Chang, Shaw and Orcullo were the last four standing in Chesapeake, and they are a combined 12-0.

II Also Showing Some Serious Form

Reigning World 9-ball champion Carlo Biado is 3-0.

Dennis Grabe, who beat a stellar field at the World Pool Series 10-ball event, is 3-0.

John Schmidt has topped three very fine players in YL Chang, Radoslaw Babica and Alex Pagulayan to get to 3-0. Very impressive.

Corey Deuel is 3-0 after a brilliant 11-4 win over 2018 Derby City 9-ball runnerup John Morra.

III Two Mosconi Hopefuls are Making a Statement

Justin Bergman beat the superb Alex Kazakis (who has both a Eurotour win and a win at the Ocean States Championship in the past year) to bring his record to 3-0.

Skyler Woodward had a fine win over Thorsten Hohmann to bring his record to 3-0.

IV Not to Mention ...
There are plenty of killers left on the B-side, too.

This is a great event to this point, and the last few rounds are sure to produce some great drama.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 players out of the final 16 on the winners side are Americans

TxUkUIa.gif

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Watson, born in September of 1949, won eight majors, the last of them being the British Open in 1983, at the age of 33. His last Masters title came in 1981 at the age of 31.

True, but Watson should have won the 2009 Open, at the age of 59.