Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 1 (25 Nov) and Lineup

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it’s worth, I clicked on their Facebook page and the high light of Tyler kicking in the 2 ball.....low res on a phone....the 4 looked like the 3...and I couldn’t see the 2 ball which was pulling a predator and blending in with the rail and cloth.

But the purple 5 was there for sure :grin:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Thanks, guys. I'm stuck at work and get to check every so often.
Updates are very appreciated.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well, I missed the team match but am watching match 2. Pretty business like for both teams, but the best chance for a service break came in rack two. SVB, in a tricky spot, found a nice two way cross corner bank shot, and nearly made it, but hit the shot too soft to get the defensive part, which resulted in a Europe runout. Love to see the US employing two way shots, because over the years, Team Europe has used this tactical shot far more than Team USA. This is a sign of good coaching.

In rack 4, SVB was called on to make a super tough shot, and wasn't up to it, and Team Europe ran up to the seven, followed by a superb safety by Feijen, putting great pressure on Styer, who attempted a jump but fouled and Europe ran out to tie the match at 2-2.

Exciting match so far.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In rack five, after a creditable kick safe by SVB, Kaci made an impressive carom in of the eight ball but left Feijen hooked, and Feijen failed to jump it in. Team USA faced an easy run out from there, but a shocking miss on the four ball by Styer gave Team Europe a rack that appeared lost. Europe leads 3-2.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Feijen's miss on a thin cut of the one ball gives Team USA an opening in rack 6. SVB and Tyler complete a pretty runout to tie the match at 3-3, with the US to break in rack 7.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feijen's miss on a thin cut of the one ball gives Team USA an opening in rack 6. SVB and Tyler complete a pretty runout to tie the match at 3-3, with the US to break in rack 7.

Love the recaps SJM!! Stuck at work and want to follow as best I can. Thanks for your efforts!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Break and run for SVB and Styer in rack 7 and Team USA leads this match 4-3. On the hill!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Feijen's phenomenal safety on the two ball is the difference in rack 8, leaving SVB a near impossible hit, and after earning ball in hand, Team Europe brings the match to 4-4, double hill.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Styer breaks wet in the double hill rack, but SVB is jacked up. He, wisely in my opinion, opts for a safety but hits it too soft and Kaci plays a very nice safety after that. Styer makes a nice kick, but leaves a good shot for Team Europe and, shockingly, Feijen misses it by a mile. Team USA should run out from here and they make no mistake about it, closing out the match double hill, 5-4.

Well done! Team USA 2 Team Europe 0

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I wish they those heartbeat monitors on these guys... I know mine is pumping lol

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got a sneakin' suspicion that USA will win this year again. Another sneakin' suspicion: Europe's first point on the board, coming up after these messages.