Tom Hanks, NBA, March Madness, Predator NE Tour and SBE All Victims of Corona Virus

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just the other day, the Utah Jazz's Rudy Golbert was proclaiming that the corona virus was a hoax, and he touched all the reporters mics in front of him to prove how impossible it is to catch the virus. Jackass.

they've been showing that clip of him rubbing his hands on the mics - how interesting it is that he, Rudy Golbert, has now tested positive for corona - he became the reason the NBA canceled the rest of their season.

I wonder, did he have it when he rubbed the mics or did he maybe get it from doing that? :rolleyes:

either way, a stupid move.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
they've been showing that clip of him rubbing his hands on the mics - how interesting it is that he, Rudy Golbert, has now tested positive for corona - he became the reason the NBA canceled the rest of their season.

I wonder, did he have it when he rubbed the mics or did he maybe get it from doing that? :rolleyes:

either way, a stupid move.

He had to have it, it was two days before he tested positive. So now the real question is, if any of the people working that room come down with Coronavirus, do they have grounds to swing for damages against Gobert's salary? What if someone dies and it can be traced back to him?

Incredibly stupid move

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Congrats :thumbup:

Those damn English, history, computer science, and economics classes at Harvard. Obviously they are just liberal indoctrination centers. Because the world's most accomplished and hard-working students who are preternaturally driven to be successful in business and life are interested in four years of pointless politics in their college coursework. Oh wait...

thanks!

don't want to turn this npr but that is a topic of interest to me.

I found it odd a while back when UC Berkley students and some outsiders-on-a-mission had a mini riot in order to prevent a scheduled talk there by a conservative English gentleman.

Wasn't Berkley supposed to be all about free speech? :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks!

don't want to turn this npr but that is a topic of interest to me.

I found it odd a while back when UC Berkley students and some outsiders-on-a-mission had a mini riot in order to prevent a scheduled talk there by a conservative English gentleman.

Wasn't Berkley supposed to be all about free speech? :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc
It's pretty simple - they're a loud minority, even when supplemented by outsiders looking for trouble.

Harvard students obviously vote for Democrats over Republicans - as they likely have since the Vietnam War - but that doesn't mean they want crap coursework.

Of course, most of the people making these kind of claims think studying climate change in an environmental science class would qualify as an example of liberal indoctrination.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
the way it's contracted may just be form breathing in the air someone else exhaled (no hand washing would help that).

Hand washing will still help. Viruses live many times longer on surfaces than they do in air, so even if it's equally infectious in both contexts, wiping surfaces and washing hands will significantly reduce your chances of getting sick.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
hate to be a dik, but im enjoying the quieter streets and uncrowded gym, less traffic. gotta be a city guy to understand, all you country folk already have it quiet.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hand washing will still help. Viruses live many times longer on surfaces than they do in air, so even if it's equally infectious in both contexts, wiping surfaces and washing hands will significantly reduce your chances of getting sick.

Also make sure you stay hydrated. Drink lots of water every day! A wet mouth and throat can wash the germs into your stomach where the acids there will kill them. A dry mouth and throat may allow the germs to get into your windpipe and down to your lungs. BAD!!

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also make sure you stay hydrated. Drink lots of water every day! A wet mouth and throat can wash the germs into your stomach where the acids there will kill them. A dry mouth and throat may allow the germs to get into your windpipe and down to your lungs. BAD!!

Can you please cite a reference for this?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Geeze my local store is completely cleaned out of toilet paper and paper towels. I just ordered the paper towels from Amazon. Don't really need them because we can use cloth but they are so convenient.

WTF is with the toilet paper? Are you people crazy? Even Amazon is cleaned out.

Last edited:

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe what Jay is referring to has been found to be a fake health post on social media.

It's number 5 in this BBC article.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51735367

Not trying to bash Jay, but want to clear up any confusion.

-Ben

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you please cite a reference for this?

It is thought zinc lozenges -cold eze or any other brand (the only med proven to hasten recovery from the common cold) should help w Corona also but imo not that much as Corona is centered in the lungs.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I should have included that Tom Hanks wife, Rita Wilson, also has tested positive for corona.

And Canada's Prime Minister's wife, Sophie Trudeau now has it, too, and both she and Justin are on quarantine.

Seriously considering curtailing pool activities but it would be difficult.

What's an addict to do? :confused: :(

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've yet to find a family, friend or friend of friend that has it. Not even a member on here. Nobody at work. Nothing.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've yet to find a family, friend or friend of friend that has it. Not even a member on here. Nobody at work. Nothing.

unfortunately, it's just getting going here. Likely going to ramp up in a big way.

not an alarmist, just a realist.

we have china, italy and south korea to serve as examples of how it goes.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We are 6 months behind China on this and hopefully with the EXTREME measures NOW being taken here-cancelling of events, audiences, airplane flights mass education on how it spreads etc, we might get a lower infection rate than some of the earlier countries hit.