Air Barrel Barry

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all know the score on this POS.
I'm looking for ways we can ban together to rid the pool scene of him. (Don't even start with the violence suggestions)

Suggestions needed.

Such as contacting any future sponsors, patrons etc.

Ringing the phone off the hook.

Posting a detailed list of the many cons he runs via social media.

Finding a lawyer that loves the game that could help us?

This sheet has to end.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hear hear-Thank you sir!

I'm looking for ways we can ban together to rid the pool scene of him. (Don't even start with the violence suggestions)

Suggestions needed.

This sheet has to end.

Harry Platis 1P HOF Pool loving lawyer!

Dennis Walsh , unwavering support for 14.1 and the players

are 2 to start with!

The time for sitting on our hands and asses is over-

-A

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
That's a great idea!

Then an intelligent pool promoter can take the US Open 9-ball tournament and make it into something it should be.

Okay, calling all intelligent pool promoters.

Hmm, none of the pool promoters (intelligent or otherwise) are jumping at the opportunity.

Bottom line: the players know the score; they know there's no money in pool and tournament promotion is a good way to lose money. That's why they put up with Barry.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sonny. I would be amazed if there is any player out there that doesn't know what Barry is all about by now.

And exactly what has transpired re payment for the last Open.

If they show up in 2015, it's on them. Do you think that Jay or Scott will work the Open this year?

What about the fans. I do believe that after this last one, both Players and Fans are going to think twice about wasting expense money and time to bother showing up.

A person as Barry can only get away with this type of Hokum for so long, and how he has gotten away with it for as long as he has is amazing.

After all, he isn't that great a Con Man, or is he.

I have a feeling that Barry and the Open have run its course on the last episode.

Sure, some players and fans will continue to show, but, I truly believe that the lack of both this coming Open, will be a serious eye opener for BB.

Here is a song that was written just for Barry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6AIAfH5oo

Do you use Face Book?

Just start posting the truth on your page and have the rest of us Like your posts and they will show up on our pages.

Altho, the players on my page already know the skinny re BB.

With so few big Tourneys left to play in, it is a shame that Barry has to take his down this road, but after all, it is his Open to do with what he pleases with. If the stigma of being a Liar, Cheat etc, doesn't faze Barry, as it hasn't so far, there is not much one can do.

He is a Legend in His Own Mind.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Harry? You mean Barry Berdini?

The one that can make money disappear and get himself out of tight places.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
if there is an "US OPEN" the players will show up, however, we can't gauge berries resolve to go forth with the show in view of his age, health, life controlling addictions and the bright glare of the spotlight which exposes him for what he is

time will tell

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
It won't happen...

Suggestions needed.

This sheet has to end.

As long as he holds it and venues are willing to put it up, players WILL show up.

Hell as much of a hypocrite as it would make me, I might be willing to go myself without any expectation of getting paid just for the chance of cementing such a prestigious title.

The title's value has diminished due to the last several year's shenanigans, but it still has value, especially as a class A WPA points event...

The problem has been that those shenanigans have diminished interest and decreased the dead money, vendors, and curb appeal, and those things have reduced it to an unsustainable level.

My guess is it will either end this year or within the next two years. He may still pull off a 40th, but I can't see it going beyond that without drastic changes or changes in control.

Jaden

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

Suggestions needed.

This sheet has to end.

yes - what about Dennis Walsh? he represented the players previously, right? out of all of us, don't we know one single attorney in VA Beach/Norfolk? preferably one who's a retired judge or DA and now in private practice?

the pros need to realize, that the Open CANNOT happen, if there are no consumers.... they need to give a shit about us getting screwed on our VIP seats, and their fellow players not getting paid.

as for the new venue @ Sheraton Norfolk Waterside, this isn't locked down & prepaid yet. what would happen if he lost this venue?

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
If you are a drug addict, you have to pay for that activity before you pay for anything and lying is your MO.

Think not?

--Jeff

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have been critical of Barry in the past, but I have to give him credit.. Every year, he promises a very generous purse. And, he delivers. Sure, sometimes it takes a while for him to complete the payout, but he always makes it happen. If you chase Barry off, who will take his place? Will the purse be as good? Will there even be another US Open, or comparable tournament?

I don't think the players would ever boycott this event. Even if a number of higher ranked players decided not to show, you would still have that many more amateur players take their place. Aside from the prestigious title, the money is too good to pass up. Even if it is paid in the form of a debt, it is still good money. This cycle will continue, as long as money continues to be paid out.

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, say your plan to get Barry out of the sport works. Who fills the void left by Barry being banned? Now there is one less tourney on the calendar. I don't see too many people stepping up trying to get into the tourney fray. Just curious on what your next step would be if your plan worked. Thanks.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The format will have to be changed before any good promoter might be able to break even. 128 or more player tournaments with large purses are a thing of the past in the U.S . Unless a big mainstream sponsor comes around only 25k tournaments will be the max. Johnnyt

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks the fans could stop Barry...

Ok, say your plan to get Barry out of the sport works. Who fills the void left by Barry being banned? Now there is one less tourney on the calendar. I don't see too many people stepping up trying to get into the tourney fray. Just curious on what your next step would be if your plan worked. Thanks.

Anyone who thinks that the fans can stop Barry is delusional... As I said, as long as Barry can get a venue to have it at, he will have it.

If and when the open ends, it will be entirely because of Barry.

Ok great if people are willing to take late payment and Barry is willing to put it on, we'll still have one of the most prestigious tourneys in the world. If not, ehh whatever.

I'd like to see it stick around, but it's just becoming a circus now.

Hey it keeps the AZ drama mill going though so more power to it...

Jaden

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who thinks that the fans can stop Barry is delusional... As I said, as long as Barry can get a venue to have it at, he will have it.

If and when the open ends, it will be entirely because of Barry.

Ok great if people are willing to take late payment and Barry is willing to put it on, we'll still have one of the most prestigious tourneys in the world. If not, ehh whatever.

I'd like to see it stick around, but it's just becoming a circus now.

Hey it keeps the AZ drama mill going though so more power to it...

Jaden

Yeah I was merely curious on what the OP's train of thought was especially as it didn't provide a solution past get Barry out of pool. And yes I've known Barry for about 20 years or more, he's going to keep going till he can't anymore no matter what anyone says.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The part of the discussion I don't get is everyone getting their panties in a bunch over this and exclaiming that if the players show up next fall it's on them. Why now, why this year? This has been going on forever, except the one year the funds were escrowed. And I'm reading this from members who have been around awhile and know the history.

If the players want to show up, that's their decision. Some of them have reasons besides the prize fund for competing. I can respect that. But with all this talk calling for a player boycott how come I've yet to see anyone call for a spectator boycott? Every fan who goes to the event or buys the PPV is as culpable as the players are in this drama.

Frankly, I've lost interest in the whole thing and that's just sad.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I completely agree with Dogs, spectators boycotting the event instead of the pros, then after thinking I believe we all ready have. What if we were able to pump up Barry's revenue with PPV, and such? But we don't, we rely on AZB to get updates and other members to give detailed posts of what they have experienced. Look at the DCC? I love the updates! But what a cheap asshole I am for not supporting the event like I should. And I am not the only one. Big Truck does a great service promoting pool, and every time a big event is streaming someone is on here asking for updates. *New Thought* we maybe whats wrong with pool in 'Merica', It may be time for the other 90% to pony up and buy some streams...