AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please no more advice
please just let this thread die off

Last edited:

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess everyone's got their own philosophy when it comes to buying and selling cues.

Personally, a picture is worth a thousand words apply when it comes to shopping for cues.

Although I did appreciate the story you've told in the thread.

Best of luck.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most important question now is - what will you do with the feedback you receive? Will you actually change your current ways?

I suspect it's about this one: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=488086

Sure, stories are nice, but pictures let me check against damages and/or if I like the actual, whole product.

No picture(s), no interest, no sale.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Since a very playable cue only costs about $300, if I'm buying a cue for more than that (I have quite a few over $1500), I am spending the extra money for the LOOKS (and playability). So obviously, I would never in a million years buy any cue above $300 without seeing pics of it.

I assume that MOST people view it the same way as me, so being in the business of selling moderate to expensive priced cues without pics, is frankly crazy. Taking and posting pics on this forum is so simple on top of that, there really is no excuse, unless you have an extreme handicap or are extremely lazy. Just my opinion, but since this is a forum open to everyone in the world to comment, that is my comment. :eek:

EDIT: You asked for "nasty" comments in PM -- but really, that defeats the whole purpose of a forum IMO. There are probably TONS of people that could easily instruct you on how to take and post pics, I think that you need some "tough love".

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,

With as much as you like to sell EVERYTHING :smile:
Why don’t you invest the 10 minutes it takes to learn how
To post pics?? I just get a feeling you miss being in the RE
Business, and want to see that you still have the chops..

Would you have let your agents list without pics?

Td

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Only thing i care about, other than the taper that must be conical

Is how a cue looks, thats the only reason i buy a cue
Im in titleist phase right now, and i gotta see it before

Titleists and splices

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any negative feed back should be in a pm and seems to be the polite thing to do...Now pictures are a plus but with your excellent rating and the amount of cues you have traded should speak volumes for it self to who ever and especially without pictures...
By the way do you have a nude photos of cues you would send me..:wink:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most everyone posts pictures
You don’t
That makes what you do different, some may say intriguing
Are you having success?
If your answer is yes......

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you want me to make youtube tutorial on how to upload pictures Dean? I wouldn't mind.

I personally am one of the guys that enjoy the pictureless threads from you, although it's seems tragic with your collection and the cues that pass through your hands to not document them. Probably some of the nicest cues on the planet.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suck it up. Just get used to it. You have been doing this far too long to be bothered by such things, right?

It's kind of a circus I like to watch. I was very hyped up to buy one some time, sight unseen, but I am over it. I have seen pics of some of the deals and every one of them is a cue I would not have wanted to buy, not that they were not nice cues, just not what I want. Then I am stuck returning it or selling it and I just don't want to have to deal with all that.

The only time I was ever bothered was when you were trying to sell some cheap McDermotts at something like 50% over retail. I think it was an honest mistake though, I don't think you knew how inexpensive the cues really were. But that had nothing to do with whether or not you posted pics. I posted no comments about it in the for sale forum, but when you posted it in the open forum I said what I saw. But not angrily.

It's just a sideshow entertainment to me. Some get all riled up, but I don't know why.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Most everyone posts pictures
You don’t
That makes what you do different, some may say intriguing
Are you having success?
If your answer is yes......
Most would say that they could absolutely guarantee that he would be more successful WITH pics. How couldn't he be? Yes, his approach is unique, but this isn't "rocket science".

One thing I will say, that after I have seen the cues that Bob Owen has made for you, I think I've liked virtually every one of them. So you can't go wrong selling his cues. If I ever decide to buy another custom cue, Bob Owen is who I would have make mine.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most would say that they could absolutely guarantee that he would be more successful WITH pics. How couldn't he be? Yes, his approach is unique, but this isn't "rocket science".

One thing I will say, that after I have seen the cues that Bob Owen has made for you, I think I've liked virtually every one of them. So you can't go wrong selling his cues. If I ever decide to buy another custom cue, Bob Owen is who I would have make mine.

Agreed.
Probably sell way more cues with pics. Not hard to figure out
how if he was that interested.
I think his approach is unique and he seems to enjoy the tale telling.
I like his stories.
That said, am I going to buy a cue sight unseen, nope.
I wouldn’t even buy a cue with out hitting a few unless I was a collector of “art cues”

Looking at pictures of Bobs cues is one of my favorite pastimes.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Personally I think the photos would be helpful, but your reputation doesn't seem to
suffer because of it. If I read your post and I want to try and work out a deal then I'll
contact you. I think your threads are more for the experienced pool player or experienced
billiard equipment buyer. I like having a photo to refer to, but I don't have to have one

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dude..You got a great rating...Most of us are small change in that arena from what I have seen in what we trade...You have done well..You should be giving the advice on the what's...Carry on and don't forget my pics..:p

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Do you want me to make youtube tutorial on how to upload pictures Dean? I wouldn't mind.

Why don't you just do it and post it in this thread? He may have a look at it and change his ways. It actually would make a great sticky for the forum.

I'm in the camp that will not buy a cue sight unseen and prefer, if possible, to hit some balls with it.

Maniac (cue buying days are over)

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the for sale threads I have posted.
Now I know there is an element who always feel a need to complain because I don't post pictures

On these threads I have tried to paint a picture ,to share more the feelings that a man might have when he makes his investment and chooses something as close to him as a personal cue

I would prefer to receive the nasty ones in private,in fact I request your opinions in PM

I'm sorry, but what is the question?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Hey Dean,

Ths isn't about cues, but that Rusty Melton case you sold me is everything you said. Every time it has been to the pool room, and I mean every single time, I have been approached by strangers who inquire about it with admiration.

It is, however, slightly disappointing that the women are not leaving those they arrived with to leave with me.

Can't win 'em all.
Thanks again, buddy.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Pictures are better period. The sales sans photos deal is akin to reading the same book over and over and over and over again, never to get to the end. Never buying anything tangible that I can't see. The end.