One player to mimic

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had one player to mimic your game after who would it be? I think right now for me it would have to be Darren Appleton. His technique looks like it could transfer to almost any table game from 9-ball to snooker..

nrhoades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rafael Martinez's stroke always sticks in my head, because his doesn't ever move.

Last edited:

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hands down.. SVB.

Funny, what brought me to this was I was just watching Darren play Shane in last year's Mosconi Cup. Darren beat Shane 6-2 and played brilliantly. Not say ing Shane wouldn't be a great player to mimic..:thumbup:

Marbles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Pearl in his Prime! Like watching water flow down a river......unless it rains of course!....Sometimes Earl lets "The weather in the Room" get to him......but when he's rolling WITH the tide......you have to admit he's pretty much unstoppable against anyone. I would love to play like the Pearl even if it was just for an hour.........so I could ride the wave.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would mimic Buddy Hall's stroke, Ronnie Alcano's rhythm, SVB's focus, Rodney Morris' speed, the break of Bustamante and Shane's lovechild, the determination of Pagulayan and the perfection of Allison Fisher.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been mimicking Efren's pre-shot double pump for a long time. It seems to help me realize whether my shot is right or not.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes!!!

Might not shoot like Earl.., but he doesnt miss! Might not play position like Buddy, but he's never really out of line..., might not break like SVB or Busta, but he runs rack after rack..., has won more cash and tournements then anyone..., the best every!!

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan,

On form,

He is a genius right handed or left handed on the 12 x 6 Snooker table.

What more could you ask for and he shoots a mean game of pool.

But I wouldn't want his attitude.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had one player to mimic your game after who would it be? I think right now for me it would have to be Darren Appleton. His technique looks like it could transfer to almost any table game from 9-ball to snooker..

Mine would be after JIMMY FUSCO,that way i would be good enough to play anybody,at any game,and they would still like me after we are done playing!

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan,

On form,

He is a genius right handed or left handed on the 12 x 6 Snooker table.

What more could you ask for and he shoots a mean game of pool.

But I wouldn't want his attitude.

Ronnie won today in Premier League Snooker. Didn't he actually talk about playing a full season left handed at one point?

poolplaya

Registered
Funny, what brought me to this was I was just watching Darren play Shane in last year's Mosconi Cup. Darren beat Shane 6-2 and played brilliantly. Not say ing Shane wouldn't be a great player to mimic..:thumbup:

Why doesnt darren play svb a long set for big $? O yea cuz he would get his nutz shot off

f67bird

Registered Loser
Silver Member
Ralphy

Definitely Ralph Soquet, I love the nothing fazes me air about him even when down...and I think you can tell the most about a person when they are down.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My top five:

1. Souquet
2. Souquet
3. Souquet
4. Souquet
5. Souquet