REFUND DEMANDED for Archer vs. Strickland match!

Snake Plisken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone here who purchased this dibacle needs to comment on this thread demanding a refund!

The way I see it, Mike from MikeTv needs to step up to the plate and quarterback this situation on getting us our money back.

I don't care how this gets resolved but it must ger resolved!
Mike wants to attach his name to this so along with any praise he may have gotten (if the stream went smoothly) he must also accept blame and responsibility.

If Mike is not willing to man-up (which is what I am hearing) then we all need to bombard paypal with our complaints and request for a refund.

Mike needs to do the legwork here going through whatever channels he needs to (Ustream, etc..) and refund his paying customers for this mess.

If he does not, I don't think MikeTv will ever be involved with a pool ppv match again. At worse, if a couple hudred people all file a complaint with paypal, Something will get done!

My blood is boiling and I need to go have a drink.
Please reply with your thoughts.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I usually try to stay out of things like this. Have you personally spoken to MIke and asked for a refund? Direct communication with the parties envolved will in my opinion, provide you with much better service than trying to stir things up on AZB. Just my opinion, it is still a free country for now so incite an Internet riot if you want to.

FlackAttack

Registered
Man im with you. I either want a refund or a discount on a dvd of the match. TAR had problems last time but took care of it and streamed it for free and I would not dream of asking for my money back from TAR they handled it great. TAR or Bigtruck almost everything else I've seen is junk.

Last edited:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone here who purchased this dibacle needs to comment on this thread demanding a refund!

The way I see it, Mike from MikeTv needs to step up to the plate and quarterback this situation on getting us our money back.

Mike wants to attach his name to this so along with any praise he may have gotten (if the stream went smoothly) he must also accept blame and responsibility.

If Mike is not willing to man-up (which is what I am hearing) then we all need to bombard paypal with our complaints and request for a refund.

Mike needs to do the legwork here going through whatever channels he needs to (Ustream, etc..) and refund his paying customers for this mess.

If he does not, I don't think MikeTv will ever be involved with a pool ppv match again. At worse, if a couple hudred people all file a complaint with paypal, Something will get done!

I NEVE bought this ppv,but if i did i would be just as hot as you,You are 100% right,i hope all of you guys that paid get your money back!

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will not spend another penny on TV Mike I don't care who's playing. If you are selling a product you should make sure it works.

Snake Plisken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually try to stay out of things like this. Have you personally spoken to MIke and asked for a refund? Direct communication with the parties envolved will in my opinion, provide you with much better service than trying to stir things up on AZB. Just my opinion, it is still a free country for now so incite an Internet riot if you want to.

I respect what you are saying and to answer your question, no, I haven't.
I am not trying to start a riot (not possible anyway) I am just trying to get everyone together who is now out $25 to demand a refund, there is strength in numbers.

Mike, and anyone else involved in profiting from this amateur endeaver in attempting a ppv match should be proactive in addressing this issue!
They need to take a page out of Justin's book on not only how to put on a ppv event, but more importantly how to treat your paying customers.

Justin addressed the issue as soon as he became aware of it, he didn't hide from it like was done with this Miketv Bullsh*t.

Justin took responsibilty and even offered refunds (the idea of taking a refund on that TAR match would have been criminal).
Now speaking of criminal, taking money on goods or services that were promised but not delivered is in my book criminal.

I have not read or heard one person involved with putting this match on either apologize, inquire about the specifics of how unwatchable the match was or make a comment that there would be some form of compensation.

They wanted people posting on AZBilliards about this event for free advertising, but now that this site and its members has served their purpose they wash their hads with us.

I don't think so.. Someone involved with this match needs to get some stones and post something on here about what they are going to do for THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS to make this right. Period..

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it was awful feed and stream, the guy can't even apologies or admit he's having difficulties on the stream, he kept going on and on about it's not his fault, and not from his end, and that it is Ustream. even though it might be true, but still it is his mistake for selling something that he can't deliver.

before selling he should be 100% sure that he can handle it very well from every other party that he work with, so whatever end was the problem from, the way I see it, it was his TV name, his product, so he is responsible 100% from the point of view of a buyer.

an example of this, is when i open a shop, I buy some products from some companies to sell for customers, but if they buy it from my shop and it comes bad or whatever, I am responsible for that customer to give him either a refund or another product to satisfy him, I don't tell him go to the CREATor/Maker of that Product and its not from my end, so it's not my problem, you get my point?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Have you ever heard of Filing a Dispute with your Credit Card Company with in 30 days of the close of your billing CYCLE. Because you did not get what you paid for. HINT.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They had some trouble with the stream at the first during the eight-ball but they got it straightened out and the ten-ball went well.

ARE you satisfied,or would you like a refund,my opinion,every one should be refunded because the provider did not provide what he had publicly advertised!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Did they guarantee that the stream would be for the entire match, or did they just say ARCHER STRICKLAND MATCH STREAMED ON PPV.

In legal obligations if no shot was called or people thought it was obvious it doesn't matter, all that is matter is what was on the advertisement or written down and agreed to.

If it said PPV for archer/strickland stream, then you got that.

What you wanted was a no loss, uninterrupted stream on the site specified and you wanted it live and complete from start to finish on the day of play.

$50 isn't that big a loss.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
file the dispute with your credit card company or paypal. tv mike will get paid after paypal takes thier cut. i have already filed with paypal and it flat out says the dipute is with ustream. they are who you gave your money to. not tvmike. no as far as who to be pissed at - i am pissed at him and ustream. he could have at least appologized. i watched (tried to watch) from 12:30 to 6 and and never saw more than a rack and a half in succession.

mmwtdh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did they guarantee that the stream would be for the entire match, or did they just say ARCHER STRICKLAND MATCH STREAMED ON PPV.

In legal obligations if no shot was called or people thought it was obvious it doesn't matter, all that is matter is what was on the advertisement or written down and agreed to.

If it said PPV for archer/strickland stream, then you got that.

What you wanted was a no loss, uninterrupted stream on the site specified and you wanted it live and complete from start to finish on the day of play.

I'm sure you'd feel the same if you went to a movie and they just showed the last half and said, "we didn't advertise that you were gonna get the whole thing".

Right............

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Really if anyone has an Extra $50.00 Burning a Hole in their Pockets, you do not NEED. Go Buy a Wal-Mart Gift and find Homeless Veteran to give it to, or better yet take that Homeless Veteran on a shopping spree for a Blanket, Pillow, or a few items you take for granted every day.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Really if anyone has an Extra $50.00 Burning a Hole in their Pockets, you do not NEED. Go Buy a Wal-Mart Gift and find Homeless Veteran to give it to, or better yet take that Homeless Veteran on a shopping spree for a Blanket, Pillow, or a few items you take for granted every day.

I can't account for the taste of people with wealth. I am just trying to put perspective on the actual size of the loss. Complimentary DVDs do seem to be in order.