Rodney says no!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have received emails from some of the players and fans, asking what I know about the reactions from the top IPT players.

I know for a fact that what started this whole particular movement going, is Rodney Morris saying he would never settle.

I think that for most of these players, it comes down to a question of whether they can respect themselves after all is said and done.

Also, something tells me that Puyat will expect the Filipino players to receive full payment.

All I know for sure is that the players are not rolling over and playing dead.

Mike

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
I have received emails from some of the players and fans, asking what I know about the reactions from the top IPT players.

I know for a fact that what started this whole particular movement going, is Rodney Morris saying he would never settle.

I think that for most of these players, it comes down to a question of whether they can respect themselves after all is said and done.

Also, something tells me that Puyat will expect the Filipino players to receive full payment.

All I know for sure is that the players are not rolling over and playing dead.

Mike

That's a fact Mike. I have a boat load of emails as well. I have a feeling that the pool players were under estimated.....

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hallelujah... I'm glad to see the men & women of this great Sport come together as a unit. I see this as a positive way to direct their own destiny.

Because there was an IPT, with extravaganza Tournaments, there will be other Extravaganza Tournaments in their future. The fams & the players can look at these vents & see the possibilities for a tomorrow, even though today is very bleak. With these "lessons learned", Positive leadership will emerge from the midst of these Professional Players & hopefully positive direction will be the result.

Purdman

Banned
On A Good Note!

Maybe something positive will come out of all this IPT scamming. I certainly hope so.
Purdman:D

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Thats great news, IMO any player that gives in and accepts anymore BS about there being a future tour is extremely naive.

They have had more than enough time to pay, it was clear that each email was slowly letting the players down bit by bit. This is EXACTLY what would happen to any future events if they bought his BS again.

:mad:

9 Ball Girl

aka Wendy
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Thats great news, IMO any player that gives in and accepts anymore BS about there being a future tour is extremely naive.

They have had more than enough time to pay, it was clear that each email was slowly letting the players down bit by bit. This is EXACTLY what would happen to any future events if they bought his BS again.

I echo Craig's emotions. And furthermore, this thing is looking more and more like the old "bait and switch" tactic.

Good for Rodney and everyone who joins in the "You're Not Taking Me For A Sucker" bandwagon!

Noodles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheOne said:

The tour will follow the same trend as the delayed payment plan. Kt will find excuses to keep backdating the tour. In other words the tour is over.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Spoke with Oliver Ortmann today. He is owed 80K. He wants payment in full! Speaking for the European players (unofficially) he says they all want full payment for Reno, and will settle for nothing less.

Their feeling is that if he is trying to settle, he can pay the whole thing.

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for Rodney and Oliver, two of my favorite players to watch. They aren't taking no crap from noone. I'm glad to hear that these guys are holding KT accountable for the whole thing. They are not going to take any of this lying down. The players believed in KT, and he betrayed their trust. They shouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Spoke with Oliver Ortmann today. He is owed 80K. He wants payment in full! Speaking for the European players (unofficially) he says they all want full payment for Reno, and will settle for nothing less.

Their feeling is that if he is trying to settle, he can pay the whole thing.

It's great to hear that the European players, and all the players in general aren't putting up with KT's BS.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
sniper said:
It's great to hear that the European players, and all the players in general aren't putting up with KT's BS.

At this point, it may all come down to negotiating how much will be paid to silence the players.

#1. The players definitely want their money (winnings).
#2. The IPT/KT seem ready to make some kind of settlement.

Now, we have the negotiation stage, between a united players group and the IPT troika (KT, DA, JD). The IPT opened the bidding by offering a third, to be paid in three installments. The Players have begun to respond by demanding 100% payment.

Now is when a Mediator can come in and perhaps settle this. It may be possible (I said maybe!) to come to some kind of agreement and get this thing behind us. I'm thinking that there is a magic number where the players will settle. It might be something like 50% paid in one payment.

Just some food for thought here. It has worked in other quashed business deals when the creditor seeks to be compensated. The debtor gets off the hook by settling, usually for far less than the debt incurred. Look at how colection agencies work. They will try to make a settlement.

I may discuss this today with some of the players.

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see Rodney and KT in a cage match, winner takes Rodney's prize money. I'll take Rodney, any takers for the other guy?

Geez this is so sad.......

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wally in Cincy said:
I would like to see Rodney and KT in a cage match, winner takes Rodney's prize money. I'll take Rodney, any takers for the other guy?

Geez this is so sad.......

Frankly, I feel sorry for KT if he ever runs into Rodney. His face may get rearranged. Actually I am hearing a little buzz about unhappy players and backers who are also looking for an ounce of flesh. KT may rue the day he ever bilked the pool players.

These are not some poor dupes in Podunk, Iowa. They are rounders who know how to not only win, but get out with the cash. My suggestion to KT and DA is pay up fast and beat it. This mood of frustration is turning to anger. Somehow, I don't feel they will walk away unscathed. Someone said to me (a Player) that in the poolroom he grew up in, a guy like KT would get an ass whipping. His exact words.

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Frankly, I feel sorry for KT if he ever runs into Rodney. His face may get rearranged. Actually I am hearing a little buzz about unhappy players and backers who are also looking for an ounce of flesh. KT may rue the day he ever bilked the pool players.
I agree...

jay helfert said:
... Somehow, I don't feel they will walk away unscathed. Someone said to me (a Player) that in the poolroom he grew up in, a guy like KT would get an ass whipping. His exact words.

I think this might teach him a good lesson and to be a man of his word!

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
His face may get rearranged. Actually I am hearing a little buzz about unhappy players and backers who are also looking for an ounce of flesh.
I'm hearing this a lot as well.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Frankly, I hope KT doesn't run into Rodney.

Remember, Rodney has a history and I'm sure KT would be pressing charges. I'm sure the courts could care less about the money KT owes and they would be very hard on Rodney. I wouldn't want the pool world to lose Rodney for something stupid.

If it can't be avoided, and KT does run into Rodney, I hope there are no witnesses. :D

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Hope He Washed His Hands

Rich R. said:
Frankly, I hope KT doesn't run into Rodney.

Remember, Rodney has a history and I'm sure KT would be pressing charges. I'm sure the courts could care less about the money KT owes and they would be very hard on Rodney. I wouldn't want the pool world to lose Rodney for something stupid.

If it can't be avoided, and KT does run into Rodney, I hope there are no witnesses. :D

Well, Rodney could always wait until they are in the Men's room together and then claim that he tried to "say hello to my little friend"......
Doug

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
At this point, it may all come down to negotiating how much will be paid to silence the players.

#1. The players definitely want their money (winnings).
#2. The IPT/KT seem ready to make some kind of settlement.

Now, we have the negotiation stage, between a united players group and the IPT troika (KT, DA, JD). The IPT opened the bidding by offering a third, to be paid in three installments. The Players have begun to respond by demanding 100% payment.

Now is when a Mediator can come in and perhaps settle this. It may be possible (I said maybe!) to come to some kind of agreement and get this thing behind us. I'm thinking that there is a magic number where the players will settle. It might be something like 50% paid in one payment.

Just some food for thought here. It has worked in other quashed business deals when the creditor seeks to be compensated. The debtor gets off the hook by settling, usually for far less than the debt incurred. Look at how colection agencies work. They will try to make a settlement.

I may discuss this today with some of the players.

If one looks at hospital payment percentages on the dollar, depending on what part of the country your in it can range from the 40% + range to the high 60% range. No hospitals ever get 100% on the dollar. When I had my first child we were paying monthly. I looked up the payment percentages for that particular hospital, offered them 10% less than their norm with payment in full and they took it.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to say it, but I don't see the IPT suddenly coming up with some cash out of nowhere. MY guess is the thing will go to bankruptcy court and lawyers and accountants will make more money than most of the pool players.

This is the worst thing that could have happened, these pool players naturally were excited about winning that much cash. I still don't understand how hours of cards on tv can be more popular than pool.