If you were spending 2,000 on a cue

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't be happier with my Andy Gilbert. He is very reasonably priced too, so for $2k you could get something rather fancy. Great guy, great to deal with.

KMRUNOUT

Tried to email Andy about two months ago, still no reply.

That kind of business practice doesn't sit well with me.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tried to email Andy about two months ago, still no reply.

That kind of business practice doesn't sit well with me.

Andy and Vicki are two of the most wonderful people in the world. Emailing might not be Andy's strongest suit.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea

Andy and Vicki are two of the most wonderful people in the world. Emailing might not be Andy's strongest suit.

Agree just call Andy he'll answer his phone one of the nice people you could ever hope to meet plus he's a man of his word.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I will try again once I make up my mind about what maker will get my money.

Sometimes a little thing like that can get in the way of something great. So I'm glad you told me.
I tend to be impatient when it comes to doing business in general and
if I don't get reply from people it's an automatic no no.

Thanks a lot for this. I mean it.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hypothetical situation:

If you had decided to spend 2,000 dollars on a cue what would you get?

And you were not going to spend any part of the 2k on lessons, or cases,
or anything other than just...one single cue.
Either a custom Diveney with 2 shafts

or

P3 Revo with 2 additional 314-2 shafts

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member

Only met them once, but I have to agree with both points. Great people and not fond of the Internet!

Larry

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had $2k to spend on only one solitary pool cue, what would you get?

The answer is right before our eyes...........................you'd get a lot of different opinions.

Actually, I'd just get the biggest design I could find exclusively using the resale market for any
of the 25 cue-makers I previously posted in a LTB thread on the Forum a couple of years ago.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm...interesting question because it's just shy of what it would take to get a Tascarella which is what I'd really want. Don't knot that I'd spend $2k on something when for $2.5k or so I could get a Tasc.

That's being said, and given some price flexibility the cues I'd be looking at would be:

Tascarella
Sugartree
Runde
-R-
Sly
Blackcreek

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want it built for you there are several options. If not, there is a lot to choose from. Recently, right here in the AZ for sale section, I have seen a couple of brand new Paul Drexler (PFD) cues for under 2K. There are a few Kenny Murrell cues for sale, one with an ivory joint for 2k. Brent Hartman's cues play really well and are usually for sale at new2youqs.com. I'd be looking at these options for a good player cue in your price range.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want it built to spec, having not tried either, I would go Josey or Owen. Only have heard excellent things about both.

DJ66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to agree with Rauenzahn fans. He makes a phenomenal cue and is a great person to deal with over the phone.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue

I've tried all the big names and almost all the names (lol) period and settled on a Cognoscenti. Purely a players cue in my opinion. Also the resale market on them is not great so you get a lot of cue for 2k if you find a used one. You will probably be holding a 4-6k cue when new. Check with Martin on a new one at Superiorcues.com. He is great to work with on buying.

If you want to work with a cue builder through all the details in a cue build, look at Diveney. Great to work with and a fabulous cue maker. Also makes a great playing cue. Several pro players have used them through the years.

Those would be my suggestions. Good luck and enjoy the search!

Hypothetical situation:

If you had decided to spend 2,000 dollars on a cue what would you get?

And you were not going to spend any part of the 2k on lessons, or cases,
or anything other than just...one single cue.

I would try my best to find a really nice used Lambros with the 2k. Either a Lambros, or a super nice Richard Black cue. Always wanted a Richard Black cue. By the way, I have no idea how either of those 2 cue makers cues hit, but I always loved the looks of their cues. I always imagined that a Lambros would be my dream playing cue. That ultra joint just looks amazing, and love the super long points in his cues.

Last edited:
Either a custom Diveney with 2 shafts

or

P3 Revo with 2 additional 314-2 shafts

Oh, I can't believe I forgot about Diveney cues. I tried out one of his cues before (just for a game), and the cue hit super sweet. Very well balanced, and an amazing player. Also, his cues are so nice. Very beautiful cues that hit just as good as they look (and maybe even better).