Have any road players actually been outed on AZB?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call BS - with the advent of coinstar

I was just informed a couple days ago by someone when cashing in more than $50 in coins you are NOW required to provide an ID. Good or bad I think that's BS!!!!! Too much never ending regulation.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gideon....I've had periods when I've been "in the life"....so you don't knock anybody's action...and hopefully, they won't knock yours.
I gamble by the rules of poker....I don't cheat but I play my hand as best I can....
...and I won't turn down a sure thing.
Knocking by people doing the same thing is like a kibitzer telling people your hole card.

The majority of my friends aren't action people...so I don't hold them to these rules....
.....and I don't hold you to them...so don't feel like you have to be beholden to some hustler's code of omertà.

If the Miz saw me in action, he would turn his head and not acknowledge me.....
....next time I would see him at a trade show or tournament, he would ask me how I did.
...Steve was an old friend....and he knew the rules.

PT,

I am sure that the "life" is a tough way to survive. But does your definition of "playing your hand the best you can" include lying about who you are, pretending to be a much worse player than you are, and conning some idiot into giving you weight when you could crush him by giving him the 7? Because that is the behaviour that many road stories or hustling stories seem to glorify and I don't think it should be protected.

I have no problem with people gambling. And if, say, you were playing a game (but not deliberately laying low) and someone comes up and woofs at you for a money game - great, take his money.

Back to the "life" and what is stands for. Someone recently told a story on here about Waterdog, and how he was near a bank when some businessman dropped an envelop with a couple of thousand dollars in it. Waterdog picked it up - it was, as reported, one of the greatest days of his life. That is the mentality I just can't support.

Gideon

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Gideon....I've had periods when I've been "in the life"....so you don't knock anybody's action...and hopefully, they won't knock yours.
I gamble by the rules of poker....I don't cheat but I play my hand as best I can....
...and I won't turn down a sure thing.
Knocking by people doing the same thing is like a kibitzer telling people your hole card.

The majority of my friends aren't action people...so I don't hold them to these rules....
.....and I don't hold you to them...so don't feel like you have to be beholden to some hustler's code of omertà.

If the Miz saw me in action, he would turn his head and not acknowledge me.....
....next time I would see him at a trade show or tournament, he would ask me how I did.
...Steve was an old friend....and he knew the rules.

Spot on, pt.

Last edited:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it happened to me a few weeks ago!

walked into a room, and everyone already knew from reading AZB, that I was a strong "C" player, the D players wouldn't come near me ......:angry:

I was also "outed" by AZB for something that happened back when I was drunk in college in the 80's, but lets not go there :thumbup::thumbup:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have I just missed them? Or were they all in the early days of AZB a dozen or more years ago? Or was this never an AZB phenomena and was more of a thing on rec.sport.billiards back in the 90's? (but back in the 90's who had a camera in a pool hall?)

Road players are not outed. Hustlers and conmen are outed :D

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, man..take it easy on yoirself.

Dont sweat it. as long as ot is done with a member of the opposite sex, it isnt gay
it happened to me a few weeks ago!

walked into a room, and everyone already knew from reading AZB, that I was a strong "C" player, the D players wouldn't come near me ......:angry:

I was also "outed" by AZB for something that happened back when I was drunk in college in the 80's, but lets not go there :thumbup::thumbup: