NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
407aed2129b9bd7449fd77b7250300d0.png

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kid Delicious is there and still in the winner's side. Alex went 2 and out.

If I remember correctly, the rules on this one were unusual. Maybe it is different now.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kid Delicious is there and still in the winner's side. Alex went 2 and out.

If I remember correctly, the rules on this one were unusual. Maybe it is different now.

What you see in the pic above is the final 16' Now single elim.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a rediculous tournament .. so if I go through Friday and Saturday without losing I'm rewarded by playing in a single elimination bracket against people who have lol

If anyone is going to see those matches get there early last night I got there at 715 and they turned me away. There wasn't even standing room only left.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the same format as a lot of international tournaments. Final 32 being single elim.

With just a 64 player field and playing since Thursday, they could've easily made this a true double elim.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched some matches last night. De Luna has a nice game. He had no problem with Kid D. De luna went up 2-0. Danny won 3 in a row. Then De Luna won everything else.
Mika played very well against Melling.

The 7 o'clock matches were amazing. Playing in the same room at the same time were Van Boning, Appleton, Ocollo, Mika.

Darren was playing one pocket at 6. If his match ran past 7 he was going to forfeit the 10 ball match. He would then go to the one loss side and play at 9:30. He would have to win that match to go to the round of 16. Luckily for him the one pocket match didn't run past 7. But, it didn't matter. He lost to Shane and had to play the 9:30 match anyway. This worked out for the fans. They got to see a great match.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look at the list of great players in this event and for what. As Jam might say, a bunch of monkeys playing for peanuts! You need to win to make any money here. Second place might yield a small profit. Third and fourth are the break even point. After that, everyone loses except one person - the promoter!

Why all these good players patronize this event is beyond me.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro brackets

Jay-

It seems the 10-ball is $15,000 added and the one pocket is $800 added.
There are so many expenses in doing an event of this nature, that it's tough to fund added money. I'm not at the Expo, but I'm pretty sure the pros are free to watch.

I'm suprized there is so little added to the one pocket.

Mark Griffin

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Look at the list of great players in this event and for what. As Jam might say, a bunch of monkeys playing for peanuts! You need to win to make any money here. Second place might yield a small profit. Third and fourth are the break even point. After that, everyone loses except one person - the promoter!

Jay-

It seems the 10-ball is $15,000 added and the one pocket is $800 added.
There are so many expenses in doing an event of this nature, that it's tough to fund added money. I'm not at the Expo, but I'm pretty sure the pros are free to watch.

I'm suprized there is so little added to the one pocket.

Mark Griffin
Every year same issues !

This event is roughly
20 years old and grew exponentially! But, promoter can't get on solid ground enough to increase the prize money accordingly!

So, ask yourself why? What is going on in the promoters life???

Industry insiders know and are too polite! Just keep hoping for the best!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$10,000 GUARANTEED First Prize
1st: $10,000 & Trophy
2nd: $5000
3/4th: $3200 each
5-8th: $2600 each
9-12th: $2100 each
13-16th: $1700 each

$500 entry, so $15000 added.

1700 - 500(entry) = 1200.

Not terrible. Just need more dead money to increase the payouts.

Look at the list of great players in this event and for what. As Jam might say, a bunch of monkeys playing for peanuts! You need to win to make any money here. Second place might yield a small profit. Third and fourth are the break even point. After that, everyone loses except one person - the promoter! Why all these good players patronize this event is beyond me.
Why so negative?
They're there because, for various reasons, it is in their best business interests to be there. They're not fools.
I bet if some of them were promoting the book you're trying to sell, you'd think it was wonderful.
It's a wonderful trade show and great for the game.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Cause nobody gives a crap about pro pool, end of story.

If its not free to watch them, almost nobody watches. I can't believe he adds any $$$ at all - piss poor business if you ask me. The 9'ers are brought in ONLY for the pros, who needs that expense plus the added $$$?

There are very few of us who watch pro pool if it costs us $$$
Jason

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why so negative?
They're there because, for various reasons, it is in their best business interests to be there. They're not fools.
I bet if some of them were promoting the book you're trying to sell, you'd think it was wonderful.
It's a wonderful trade show and great for the game.

It's not a great for any game if the professional side of that game isn't something that inspires others to work to achieve.
Having to post hand written updates on a message board is also not great for the game.

Maybe I'm feeling overly negative tonight, but when I hear (from poster Trob) that they are turning people away from $10 a seat stands to watch these pros then we know there are people who are interested in the professional side of the sport. Will the players get any added from those who paid to watch? How about an expo venue that actually has to turn away people from watching the professionals because there is not enough room?!?!

Not good for the sport in my opinion.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
$10,000 GUARANTEED First Prize
1st: $10,000 & Trophy
2nd: $5000
3/4th: $3200 each
5-8th: $2600 each
9-12th: $2100 each
13-16th: $1700 each

$500 entry, so $15000 added.

1700 - 500(entry) = 1200.

Not terrible. Just need more dead money to increase the payouts.

Actually more added money than in past years (as little as $8,000 added some years). Last year was only $2,500 for 3rd-4th. 15K is probably the most added money yet for this event. Still with all that, unless you win the tournament, you haven't made much! :eek:

Last edited: