Ripped off?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need the "squad" (Deano, HawaiianEye, Nick, CocoCowboy and Bavafongoul) to explain this situation away...

I don't know about fava bong ghoul, but the others have clearly stated their collective position to be, "I didn't get screwed and I dont care if anyone else did. When I do get screwed, I'll be quick to AZB my sad tale'.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the years I've sold A LOT of expensive items on the internet (for a guy who is not a professional salesman). Expensive cues, Collectible watches, jewelry, Guitars, Comic books, Etc.

I learned a lesson MANY (like...16) years ago when selling a cue to a good AZ friend and NOT being descriptive enough. We didn't know each other well at the time. He got the cue and thought I was trying to burn him - and called me up PISSED. I was like..whoahh….whoahh...please excuse my naivety. I gave him a full refund and told him to keep it.

This lesson was worth every penny, because afterward when I started trading much more expensive stuff I spared no detail when selling an item. I often tried to "under promise" in the description, and over-deliver. This has worked well for me.

I've also ALWAYS sold as well that if they receive the item and are NOT satisfied for ANY reason at all, send it back and I will provide an immediate refund, no questions asked. In all of these years of horsing around with it I haven't had a single issue.

I also think, as a buyer dealing with a new seller, you need to email/agree upon ALL of the details of the transaction before completion. Leave nothing to chance, or for some kind of gamesmanship.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Position Happens To Be Just This.......

If anyone.....does not matter one damn bit......buys a cue from someone else, the buyer must diligent and prudent.
Diligence involves asking specific questions about the item & always obtaining clear, exact answers about the cue.
Prudence involves checking out the seller’s reputation, ask for references if need be & cautious payment extension.

Presenting payment to the seller Is always at risk when it precedes getting the actual cue so using Paypal is smart.
Never send payment as a gift via Paypal. Always do this as a purchase of goods. Don’t be frugal or naive using F&F.
Communicate promptly (within 24 hrs of receipt of the cue) with the seller. Notify the seller immediately of any issues.

Now as far as Deanoc is concerned, the last I heard is he posted that anyone that wasn’t happy with their SP cues or
Jackpot cues, he offered a 100% refund to any buyer that wasn’t satisfied with their cue. I haven’t heard much since.
If anyone deliberately misrepresents a cue to be what it truly isn’t, if they deceive the buyer, that seller should suffer.

If the seller is willing take the cue back & refund the entire payment, without making the cue’s buyer jump through hoops,
then the seller has tried to do the right thing. I am not privilege to all the details of what’s occurred with Jackpot cues.

The Az community needs to collectively work to identify unscrupulous sellers and buyers & promote reputable ones.
Personally, I have never disappointed anyone with any pool cue I’ve ever sold them and always been truthful & honest.
Lying is despicable and stealing is even worse. Everyone forms their own judgements & opinions, hopefully using facts.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Yes, Dean posted in the Want Ads forum offering a refund. And the buyers were not required to apologize.

:thud:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need the "squad" (Deano, HawaiianEye, Nick, CocoCowboy and Bavafongoul) to explain this situation away...

Listen, TROLL.

I didn't buy a cue from this guy.

I don't know this guy.

It is none of my business, just like it is none of yours.

If he got ripped off, he is entitled to post whatever he wants and him and the seller can fight it out.

You can leave my name out of posts that have nothing to do with me.

You don't need a cue.

You need a custom shit stirring stick.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listen, TROLL.

I didn't buy a cue from this guy.

I don't know this guy.

It is none of my business, just like it is none of yours.

If he got ripped off, he is entitled to post whatever he wants and him and the seller can fight it out.

You can leave my name out of posts that have nothing to do with me.

You don't need a cue.

You need a custom shit stirring stick.

Listen

Calm down before you get yourself banned again ;)

Once you post on AZ billiards it's everyone's business as this a public forum, is that a hard concept to understand Jim? When you post on a public forum, the public talks about it, ain't rocket science.

I'll say your name anytime I like, you aren't the forum police that you like to accuse others of being.

there is always more to the story when only one side presents it.

but as we all should know it is buyer beware and unless you have it in writing you have no recourse for anything that happens during the sale once you receive the goods.

if what the cue hunter said was entirely accurate then nick got the same as he gave out but worse as he acknowledged his mistake and didnt rectify it. just justified it by saying you got a good deal.

as said do a third party escrow and if you dont,, certainly make the transaction so you have some way to negate it. and if you do f&f with pay pal, you are cheating them and deserve what you get.

This is off topic, but I would like to point out that the only way Paypal does not get their fee (that they normally charge for Goods and Service payments) with a Friends and Family payment, is if the buyer sends the payment using money that they have available in their paypal account. If they need to use a credit or debit card to pay for that F&F payment, then paypal will let them know that they will still have to pay the fee on their end, so that the other party gets the full amount of the payment, with no fee.

Questiion on escrow.

Is the escrow service bonded and are they accountable for errors they may make?

If you use a 3rd party that is a well known dealer of all sorts of cues (from the very high end, to the lower end), and has a very good and long standing history as a very good and honest dealer of cues, then you need not worry about that happening.

Bill Lister, from Florida, comes to mind, as someone that you could trust to do a 3rd party escrow. He is also a great cue maker and repair person, and really knows cues.

of course not its just a trusted person or a small company that helps give both parties an unbiased decision. the either party can with draw before the money is sent out.

if they were bonded and responsible you would pay way more than you would want to.

basically if you want to be completely protected buy in person or from a real store.

people buy off the internet from strangers because they are trying to get a steal.
and they pay f&f because they think they can cheat paypal out of their commission for their service to you.

Paypal still gets their normal fee, just so a credit or debit card is used to make the payment. The only difference is that the fee is charged to the buyer, who is sending the money.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
If you use a 3rd party that is a well known dealer of all sorts of cues (from the very high end, to the lower end), and has a very good and long standing history as a very good and honest dealer of cues, then you need not worry about that happening.

Bill Lister, from Florida, comes to mind, as someone that you could trust to do a 3rd party escrow. He is also a great cue maker and repair person, and really knows cues.

you didn't answer the question you quoted with this post

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Over the years I've sold A LOT of expensive items on the internet (for a guy who is not a professional salesman). Expensive cues, Collectible watches, jewelry, Guitars, Comic books, Etc.

I learned a lesson MANY (like...16) years ago when selling a cue to a good AZ friend and NOT being descriptive enough. We didn't know each other well at the time. He got the cue and thought I was trying to burn him - and called me up PISSED. I was like..whoahh….whoahh...please excuse my naivety. I gave him a full refund and told him to keep it.

This lesson was worth every penny, because afterward when I started trading much more expensive stuff I spared no detail when selling an item. I often tried to "under promise" in the description, and over-deliver. This has worked well for me.

I've also ALWAYS sold as well that if they receive the item and are NOT satisfied for ANY reason at all, send it back and I will provide an immediate refund, no questions asked. In all of these years of horsing around with it I haven't had a single issue. It's never fun for either party when a cue is returned or a deal goes south.

I also think, as a buyer dealing with a new seller, you need to email/agree upon ALL of the details of the transaction before completion. Leave nothing to chance, or for some kind of gamesmanship.

I totally overreacted, please accept my apologies Matt. When I saw how you handled yourself, I immediately felt like a jerk. I underestimated the kind of person you are, which is a man with the highest integrity.

I too refund for any reason after inspection. It's only right since people are buying something sight unseen over the internet. It's pretty much the same as what we've been saying. The guarantee is only as good as the integrity of the people we deal with. It shouldn't happen often, but it's never fun for either party when a deal goes south. You just have to bite the bullet and move on.

Last edited:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I totally overreacted, please accept my apologies Matt. When I saw how you handled yourself, I immediately felt like a jerk. I underestimated the kind of person you are, which is a man with the highest integrity.

I too refund for any reason after inspection. It's only right since people are buying something sight unseen over the internet. It's pretty much the same as what we've been saying. The guarantee is only as good as the integrity of the people we deal with. It shouldn't happen often, but it's never fun for either party when a deal goes south. You just have to bite the bullet and move on.

Chris, I wasn't trying to "out" you my friend. Just relaying the POSITIVE effect our experience had. I needed a good tongue thrashing and I learned from it! Made me a great seller over the last few years! :) I was so clueless about selling at that time.