Why pay to recover table

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Now dick dont be a dick ;););)

Someone very close to.me had RKC deliver and setup a table some years ago. Despite RKC's arrogance..oddball frantic attitude...and seemingly selfish ways...... you can not beat the quality work that he delivers!!! Plain and simple. I would gladly give my paycheck to RKC to do my table if I had one!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Its a shame you don't you realize, if you were a little more capable and efficient, it wouldn't take you nine weeks, to do a two day job! :rolleyes:..Then you might have a prayer of getting caught up! :grin:

PS..I wouldn't wait 4 years for Jennifer Aniston to beg me to marry her and give me 1/2 her net worth (400Mil) ..But thats just the way I roll!..:wink:

So let me get this straight, according to you, it should only take 2 days to rebuild and refinish a GC, is that what you're telling me?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wow, another pissing contest.
Where are the mods?

Joey, this isn't a passing thread, if you'll actually read it instead of just posting your opinion, then you'd realize it's a thread about people not needing to hire pool table mechanics because they can do their own pool table themselves. After this thread, I'm going to start a thread about why people should stop buying pool cues from cue makers just like you, it's a waste of money....because they don't know how to play pool in the first place so they should save their money until they can run 5 racks of 8ball in a row THEN AND ONLY THEN should they consider buying an over priced, not worth the money, custom cue from beginner cue makers so they can save even more money:thumbup:

GoldenFlash

Banned
All the knockers.....this is and anniversary.
If my recovery job looked like the table in the above pics.....I wouldn't have posted.
Try to better the industry.....not accept less than average results.
That's why you pay top mechanics to do top notch work.
The price to hire a great mechanic is not much higher than messing the table up yourself.
Mark Gregory

Yep and double Yep!
I've seen your work around Atlanta...big league work.
(plus you shoot a VERY good stick. You busted Ralph Guest/ Me,/and Paul Turner and our mini-corporation once at the old Green Room. 9-Ball)
You played one of the most creative safeties I ever saw when you had my horse Ralph on 2 fouls, with balls all jammed up in the side pocket and you took a foul yourself and he was faced with no way of hitting the next numerical ball when he came up. I had already about fallen out of the chair and the look on his face when he realized what he was trapped in was priceless. He looked at me and says "now what?". I said, "we just went broke, that's what". :smile:
Stay Happy.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Joey, this isn't a passing thread, if you'll actually read it instead of just posting your opinion, then you'd realize it's a thread about people not needing to hire pool table mechanics because they can do their own pool table themselves. After this thread, I'm going to start a thread about why people should stop buying pool cues from cue makers just like you, it's a waste of money....because they don't know how to play pool in the first place so they should save their money until they can run 5 racks of 8ball in a row THEN AND ONLY THEN should they consider buying an over priced, not worth the money, custom cue from beginner cue makers so they can save even more money:thumbup:

Yawn.
How many times do you want to get banned?
This is just anothet flame war you like.to.get yourself in the middle.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yawn.
How many times do you want to get banned?
This is just anothet flame war you like.to.get yourself in the middle.

Joey...I'm just having fun, RKC is not too smart..He's taking all this dead serious! :eek:

PS..Don't worry about him affecting your cue business..Nobody listens to him anyway! :p

G'night all!

Last edited:
image.jpg
all set with restored brunswick anniversary. ..that i did myself.

I don't hire trailer trash.

image.jpg
Anniversary pedestals...sorry couldn't fit them in up right.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Because I don't know how .
I don't have the time .
I have the money and just don't feel like doing it myself .
I am old and my body don't work as good as it did .
I rather be smoking a joint
I rather be playing pool
I rather be fishing
I rather be at Yellowstone checking out the landscape .
I rather be making cues .
I rather be screwing the lady who lives down the block .
I rather be in PI playing some 9 ball .
Rather be deep sea fishing.

Wow you guys will just argue over anything,
In the end of all this silliness its not going to make any difference what we say or how we feel about this thread and topic .

The guys who are willing to recover their own table are just going to keep on doing that.
The guys who are willing to pay are going to keep on paying to get there table done.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Joey...I'm just having fun, RKC is not too smart..He's taking all this dead serious! :eek:

PS..Don't worry about him affecting your cue business..Nobody listens to him anyway! :p

G'night all!

Yep, right there's living proof of God's sense of humor. God gave you 2 heads to think with but only enough blood to make one at a time work, is that why you go by San Jose Dick, because your blood never made it above your neck? Still paying for it, or what can't get up can't get out anymore....LMAO

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guys who are willing to recover their own table are just going to keep on doing that.
The guys who are willing to pay are going to keep on paying to get there table done.

Of course, but the ones who are willing to cover their own tables should not be judging and putting down the people who are willing to pay to have it done. Which is how this thread started because the OP believes that everyone should be and act just like HE is and does.

Because I don't know how .
I don't have the time .
I have the money and just don't feel like doing it myself .
I am old and my body don't work as good as it did .
I rather be smoking a joint
I rather be playing pool
I rather be fishing
I rather be at Yellowstone checking out the landscape .
I rather be making cues .
I rather be screwing the lady who lives down the block .
I rather be in PI playing some 9 ball .
Rather be deep sea fishing.

Wow you guys will just argue over anything,
In the end of all this silliness its not going to make any difference what we say or how we feel about this thread and topic .

NOW....that's a smart man....good for you.
Mark Gregory

XPLSV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the RKC table setup guide are in seperate DOC files. Has anyone merge them into a single PDF?

I threw them together in a single file for when I did my first table...didn't keep track of the file after I printed it, though. The resolution could be better on the leveling diagram...was quite fuzzy, but figured it out. All in all, it was a very helpful document to me and I ended up with a very level table. I didn't put down Simonis on that first table, I did for my next table and was a little more concerned about getting the stretch right. I bought Glenn's DVD set specifically because of my Simonis concerns and that two DVD set was great. Ended up buying a machinist level, too...so, I probably took twice as long and spent about the same amount of money for that first recover...but happy with my results and I may not have done nearly as well without the help I found here on the forum and from the DVD set. Would do my own cloth again without a second thought. Would not attempt to rebuild rails!

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
People

Of course, but the ones who are willing to cover their own tables should not be judging and putting down the people who are willing to pay to have it done. Which is how this thread started because the OP believes that everyone should be and act just like HE is and does.

Yes I caught that too my friend ,you are very observant.

So what do you think ? 50 lashes :grin:
Tie him to the pool table and feed him EXLAX for a week :eek:
Let my wife sister shape his cue tip

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Cleary, I have never met a table mechanic, who was NOT arrogant as hell!..They act as though lasik eye surgeons, are well below them in performing difficult operations, and table repairs are true works of art, that only they can possibly comprehend!.."Polished turd" remarks are typical of their efforts at putting others down!..Thats about the extent of their descriptive vocabulary! :eek: ;) ;)

PS.. Thank God, they could never get a job working on airplanes!..:wink:

You sir don't know a thing about most of us "Table Mechanics". I know what I do is not rocket science. But what I do is a skilled trade. If you have a problem with a couple guys you should call them out and leave the rest of us out of it. Thanks and have a good night!

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I am thinking about making my own cue ball using some toothpaste, belly button lint and super glue. Once I perfect the formula, I will offer up a how to video for you do it your self types.