*Amazing LED Flat Panels* - the next generation of pool lighting

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I know the seller very well
And I play in the room where these lights are in use.
These led panels are very nice!
When the tubes burn out over my home table light, I'm sure I will be replacing with these panels!

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I bought one

I love my diamond light but im gonna give this a shot. Ill report after its installed.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I need one of those things but I'll have to wait till I get home from vacation. I assume you will have more once you sell out of these?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
These look very interesting. LED lights are awesome for all the reasons stated. The price point on these seems very good.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I know the seller very well
And I play in the room where these lights are in use.
These led panels are very nice!
When the tubes burn out over my home table light, I'm sure I will be replacing with these panels!

What size tables are the lights used with? If the tables are large, are there shadows in person with only one 2x4 light?

The close up pics look fine, but every single full sized table pic shows shadows/hot spots.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I need one of those things but I'll have to wait till I get home from vacation. I assume you will have more once you sell out of these?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh for sure, we'll be ordering lots.

Last edited:

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks promising at 6,000K, however, I would like to get some better pictures of the tables in that bar with the balls scattered about. right now the focus is all off and you cannot see the felt very well. Having a better grasp of the shadows of balls at various places around the table using this lighting source would, to me, seem an important part of marketing. A 9' table with only a 4' long light source would create some very long shadows when balls are out at the side pockets.

As well as posting up the exact kelvin rating verification (your website has so many color options that i'd like to get confirmation on exactly what color you have made these in).

Please note that I bring these questions up as a potential and interested customer.

For those too lazy to look up the kelvin color chart:

kelvin%2Bscale%2B001.jpg

Last edited:

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
So this picture has me greatly concerned. I was diggin these, and to an extend still do, but based on this picture your 2x4 is not proper for a 9ft table.

Compared to a pro-style (i.e. Diamond 8ft light) this is VERY uneven lighting, creating an unacceptable shadow on balls near the rail.

I couldn't/wouldn't play on a table with deep shadows like this.

Perhaps TWO 2x4s for a 9-footer?

LOVE the concept, just needs some tweaking for our beloved sport.

-von

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So this picture has me greatly concerned. I was diggin these, and to an extend still do, but based on this picture your 2x4 is not proper for a 9ft table.

Compared to a pro-style (i.e. Diamond 8ft light) this is VERY uneven lighting, creating an unacceptable shadow on balls near the rail.

-von

Von

I'm with you. The pics of the table looked like a hot spot right under the light to me. Maybe 2 of them sideways would provide even light everywhere with no shadows which would be great. Its a great idea and I'm betting this is what we will eventually see everywhere.

Kevin

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

-von

Again, the tradeoff here is simply one of cost. Some people are ordering two 2x2 panels and then spacing them, which is a good option, but slightly more cost than going with the single 2x4. Another option if you want insane light would be to go with three 2x2 panels all in a row in the centre of the table. Any of these options would be great, and if that's what you prefer I can definitely supply you with the necessary setup -- and you'd still be saving a bunch of money when compared to the Diamond or Brunswick lights, both in initial cost and in power. However, it's my opinion as a pro player and as someone who has played for several hours under the lights, that a 2x4 panel provides tons of light with very little noticeable shadow. It's up to y'all as buyers though, if you want more, I'm happy to supply it.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This looks promising at 6,000K, however, I would like to get some better pictures of the tables in that bar with the balls scattered about. right now the focus is all off and you cannot see the felt very well. Having a better grasp of the shadows of balls at various places around the table using this lighting source would, to me, seem an important part of marketing. A 9' table with only a 4' long light source would create some very long shadows when balls are out at the side pockets.

As well as posting up the exact kelvin rating verification (your website has so many color options that i'd like to get confirmation on exactly what color you have made these in).

Please note that I bring these questions up as a potential and interested customer.

For those too lazy to look up the kelvin color chart:

kelvin%2Bscale%2B001.jpg

The lights as shown in the pictures are 6000K. We also have them in the slightly warmer 4500K, in case that's what you would prefer.

BobY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe someone out there who has these panels has a light meter and can measure at various points at the table? There are lighting brightness recommendations out there (measured in foot candles) for billiards. If not most commercial and industrial fixture manufacturers have a computer generated file (.ies file) for each of their fixtures that can be put in a software program and give levels at various points. If the manufacturer does have them I work in the lighting industry and have the computer program and can use the files and generate a .pdf report I can upload.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   1
2 of the 2X2 should be amazing on a 9' table.
I would say hang the 2X2 aprox. 15" in from each end of the table leaving about 30" of open space between the lights. This should provide EVEN lighting across the table.

Light shines down from the light fixture at an angle. Think of it as a reverse funnel effect, the light fixture being at the small end of a funnel. This is why you should have twice as much distance between the lights as you have from the end of the light to the end of the playing surface.

Even though this photo is not about light fixtures it gives the visualization of what I am talking about. As you can see the reverse funnel affect I am talking about and how the light shines down at an angle overlapping each other.
This is why you should have twice as much distance between the lights as you have from the end of the table to the edge of the light fixture to produce even lighting.

Attachments

• Research-Nugget-Picture.png
    Research-Nugget-Picture.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,718
Last edited: