Barry Behrman Stuck in Mud

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmao..

I can't believe Barry had TV coverage and did not mention the US Open 9 Ball event once!... glad he is OK...

Thanks for the post

joewag2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough break! Seems like a really nice person from the interview. Glad it ended well and him and the pouch are ok.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How did that even make the news? Must be a slow news day. They had a reporter out there and everything.

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
How did that even make the news? Must be a slow news day. They had a reporter out there and everything.

Probably a reporter with a scanner...heard the "emergency call" and rushed off to witness the rescue LOL...

I took off one time on a friend's jet ski. Went about 30 minutes off the lake onto the Tennessee river and decided to pull over for a break. I ended up drifting a little into a marshy area and turned off the motor. Big mistake...When I tried to turn the motor back on it just wouldn't crank. It was close to dusk and I was a long way from my buddy's dock. After waving at many passer's by...they just kept going, I realized I could be in trouble.
Finally a young man and his extremely hot girlfriend saw me in a panic, waving both arms, and came over to check things out. We tried and tried to crank up the jet ski...to no avail, so they towed me back..and it took over an hour to get me back to the dock. The owner of the jetski was standing at the end of the dock, looking pretty worried when he saw me getting towed in. I explained what had happened and he dove off the dock...rolled the jetski over, and proceeded to pull some of the "grass and debris" out of whatever sucks the water thru...and it cranked right up LOL... Both me, and the young gentleman that towed me in were shocked. It was just that simple.
I gave the young man a 100 bucks for his time and gas...and told him to take his lady out for a nice dinner...
That was so embarrassing...but a lesson learned as well... I thought for sure I was going to be spending the night on a jet ski out in the middle of nowhere...:grin-square:
Clint

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, that was illuminating.
I always thought that a 'jetski' had something to do with Polish Airlines.

:confused:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm happy to hear Barry and Buddy are alright but, as some one else said, I can't believe Barry didn't use that TV camera to make a plug for the Open. He'll have to go out and get stuck in the mud again next week. :grin:

I can't wait to hear the real story from Barry at the Open. :rotflmao1:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I can't believe Barry had TV coverage and did not mention the US Open 9 Ball event once!... glad he is OK...

Thanks for the post

My thoughts exactly. Sounds like he got the billiards in after the interview though and it sounds like they will do a follow-up on him. Thanks for the video Jack. Johnnyt

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
man lucky he is ok. From what he said cruising at 30 mph and hitting mud can't be fun.

Roadkill

Retired Pool Hustler
Silver Member
The reporter said: "A story for him to tell his children and grandchildren". WTH

I would have had a towel over my face and RAN once I saw a TV reporter. Stuck in the mud is not one of those things you write home about. Lol.

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad Barry is ok. This is absolutely hilarious and the best post on AzB in a long time :)

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Jack,

At first glance, I thought you were calling Barry a "stick in the mud". :wink:

Eric >carry on

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It wasn't just a news story. It was BREAKING NEWS brought to the viewer LIVE FROM THE SCENE!!!

I enjoyed every minute of it and I'm also glad he's okay!

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think we have all felt stuck in the mud at some point in life, few literally though.

In all seriousness though, so glad Barry is ok. The VA Beach area in the summer is no joke, hot, humid, being stuck out in the bay like that in the mud in those conditions can be pretty bad. While he is good shape and health for his years on the planet, dehydration could have been a real issue.

It is also a unique and not a run of the mill story, which local news eats up with a soup laddle.