Darren Appleton-How good is he?

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After some Great performances over the recent months,where do you rank Darren Appleton? Would you rank him only in 8,9, & 10-Ball games?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
He is probably top 5 player in the world. He took 2nd at the US Open 1 Pocket too, he can play all game very well. I wish he would rematch Hatch, I think Darren will win in 2 out 3 races to 25 and would bet on him again for sure. :smile:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Depends on the format in my opinion.

Tournament play, gambling, short set, long set, etc...

I think his best game is a tournament format race to 10 or 15.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Daz is for sure one of the most feared players- also for the big cash!
He is a great overall player-there s no game where you could call him weak. But to ask anywhere a question like this about a world champion, who has also beaten everyone of the top-players several times- hm, not sure how a question about Darren s abilities could come up :)

in my personal opinion i would rate Darren Appleton and Ralf Souquet as the most feared players and both are extremly tough to play- both have amazing knowledge and they re both mentally superstrong. These two players are so hard to *rate* if you play em. Even if they make (of of their very few!!) mistakes, you can usually bet they none of these guys would run completly out of control. Both typical comeback-players and both have the famous *big balls*. :)

Furthermore both are great perfect examples for their own style- Ralf is "the one intravert" player on the planet- and atm Daz is *the perfect extravert* guy in the pool-pro-circus.

Of course just my humble opinion :)

Roadie

Banned
How good is he? Well um he won the US Open back to back, won the 14.1 challenge at DCC, took second in one pocket against the best in the world, won the 10 ball world championship in the phillipines against the best in asia, won the 9 ball worlds again against the best in the world.....isn't afraid to play anyone any game for big money....and almost never misses...he's pretty good and already going to be in the hall of fame.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I have heard he has won a few tournaments. I don't know how much time he has for pool now cuz his girlfriend is smoking hot. :eek:

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
No matter how good he is....he is one of my least favorite players. Guess the american vs brit mosconi thing goes into play. But I personally want to see him prove himself on tar against shane.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no shock that this came up

maybe i missed the first one but iif not then this was far over due. It seems like everything some wins a big tourney or has a couple of wins that goes public then the buzzing starts. OH! this person is the greatest player in the world, so let's get on the band wagon. This happens all the time. The last wonder boy you had was Shane, when he was on "and i mean really on" shit everyone felt and acted like he was superman, totally forgetting other player and now that Darren has some wins he's kind of like the new buzz leaving all the other to only be mentioned in a "name the Top Ten".

Now I'm not personally going after the OP and all that stuff, and forget about some of the members here, gesh they just can't wait to bash from the shadow, but anyway I would like to say TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN pro players are pro player and can beat or have taken down another pro "as another poster also mention" so get off peoples dick.

Darren has proven his game by winning two back-to-back you know what, Mika has two back-to-backs under his belt also, Efren, Ralf, for crying out loud. But since some people keep forgetting here are the two greatest players that we have to date.

JOHNNY ARCHER & EARL STRICKLAND ........ PERIOD

(can't wait to see some peoples reply, might have to subscribe to this one)

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
daz is one of the good guys when he first came over he just played no over the top attitude would play anyone in any conditions and believe me when he was first over here almost anyone playing him was the fan favorite he didn't let it get to him just tallied up a ton of victims. He has the 3 things I think it takes to be the best in the world The talent, the heart and the desire where as my favorite player in my mind only has 2 of those three but god is he loaded in the talent and heart department Alex stay outta the poker rooms and get your drive back I seen em all and Alex P is a once in a lifetime player

Roadie

Banned
maybe i missed the first one but iif not then this was far over due. It seems like everything some wins a big tourney or has a couple of wins that goes public then the buzzing starts. OH! this person is the greatest player in the world, so let's get on the band wagon. This happens all the time. The last wonder boy you had was Shane, when he was on "and i mean really on" shit everyone felt and acted like he was superman, totally forgetting other player and now that Darren has some wins he's kind of like the new buzz leaving all the other to only be mentioned in a "name the Top Ten".

Now I'm not personally going after the OP and all that stuff, and forget about some of the members here, gesh they just can't wait to bash from the shadow, but anyway I would like to say TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN pro players are pro player and can beat or have taken down another pro "as another poster also mention" so get off peoples dick.

Darren has proven his game by winning two back-to-back you know what, Mika has two back-to-backs under his belt also, Efren, Ralf, for crying out loud. But since some people keep forgetting here are the two greatest players that we have to date.

Saying Daz is world class and one of the greatest players ever doesn't diminish the accomplishments of Strickland and Archer in the least.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
7forlife, you are just the most hardcore thuggy jaded pool player ever. Damn dude.
Bítches can't get away with huggin nutz and ridin jockz, not on your watch.

Hell with all them bandwagon jumpers, acting like they know. They don't know. They forgot.

Sheeeeittt.

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Here it is. Shane shoots great. Good enough to be mentioned with the all time greats. Efren, earl, archer, sigel, rempe, varner, hall.........and alex. But daz is just another top level pro imo.

Roadie

Banned
Well..... pretty sure Daz can get staked to play Strickland for any amount at any game. I mean if we are going to flat go off the air about it then Daz has won his titles at a time when the top level in pool is WAY higher than when Strickland won his titles.

Don't agree? That's cool because YouTube has matches all the way back to the 60s. You can see that the level of competition just wasn't as high. Now there are tons of world class players out there at any international event. So winning one now is like winning three back then because the fields are that much tougher.

So Daz and Mika have earned their place among the world's elite with their current accomplishments. They are not the flavor of the month one-hit-wonders.

Daz is a world top ten player who is currently the world's number one player under the same format that Mr. Archer and Mr. Strickland won their events. The difference is that the skill level is way deeper now. When Archer won his WCs he had to beat a few World Champions to get there. Now anyone who wants to win a WC has to beat MANY World Champions to get there.

Not nuthugging, just the facts. Now I think Archer still has a few world championships and US Opens in him. As well I wish that he would play one pocket and 14.1 and banks. I think that he is still world class and while at the moment not top ten I think he is a heartbeat's worth of desire away from being top five in the world.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
He is probably top 5 player in the world. He took 2nd at the US Open 1 Pocket too, he can play all game very well. I wish he would rematch Hatch, I think Darren will win in 2 out 3 races to 25 and would bet on him again for sure. :smile:

This is SHARK WEEK. Don't play Hatch until its over:eek:. Johnnyt

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take it back

I was going to be nice with you and explain myself, but you gave that up with the rest of the set.

By what you are saying or trying to say Strickland's being named The National Billiard News Player of the Year in 1984, multiple Player of the Year Awards, 5 US OPEN (MOST EVER IN THE WORLD), only player to win the WPA World 9 Ball "back to back" all took place during slouch season.

By what you are saying or trying to say Archer's Player of the DECADE, 2 WPA World 9 ball titles, 1999 US Open, World Summit of Pool, International Challenge of Champions "winner take all" also happened during slouch season.

I guess it easy to do going up agains a bunch of league player, hell anyone could pull that off.

TELL THAT TO THE NEW YORK YANKEES