Kevin Varney.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fonzie_thumbs_down-300x225.jpg

Aaron Painter went bye bye for screwing people over...... why hasnt Kevin?
This shite is getting old.
Chuck

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not right, but, I associate anyone who has a Varney as a complete sucker/numb nut.... Why anyone would admit to owning one baffles me.

Then I guess I'm a complete sucker and/or numb-nut (haven't been called that in a while:D)- I'm very happy with my Varney j/b- I wish everyone could have gotten the same results I did- no reason to make such a ridiculous post in this thread (though I can take it).:p

Hope you're not too baffled.:wink:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not right, but, I associate anyone who has a Varney as a complete sucker/numb nut.... Why anyone would admit to owning one baffles me.

I also own one. You could not pry it from my hands. It plays too good.

Makes you feel better calling people that you dont' even know names.??

Grow up.........

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
I have a Varney shaft and it hits pretty darn good, its a 30" shaft on a 30" Crown Cue butt, has great balance. His workmanship is top notch to me. i'm very pleased with my shaft and will probably buy a whole cue in the near future....now as far as my EDDIE WHEAT PERSONAL BALANCED CUE, well thats another story. No fool like an ole fool. And of course i'm the PROUD owner of a Jeff Eason fall apart cue..So i will try and claim the title of top sucker, numb nut of AZ forum..

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Varney shaft and it hits pretty darn good, its a 30" shaft on a 30" Crown Cue butt, has great balance. His workmanship is top notch to me. i'm very pleased with my shaft and will probably buy a whole cue in the near future....now as far as my EDDIE WHEAT PERSONAL BALANCED CUE, well thats another story. No fool like an ole fool. And of course i'm the PROUD owner of a Jeff Eason fall apart cue..So i will try and claim the title of top sucker, numb nut of AZ forum..

Man are you f*cking serious!!!!??????? UrackmIcrackm found 7 threads filled with complaints. the guy who started this thread paid for the cue got tired of the cue never being delivered so he had it sold for him and then still couldn't get a refund a full month after it was sold. then you come on here and say you'll "probably buy a whole cue in the near future"?

is the logic part of your brain busted?

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

If you deal with Kevin Varney that is your choice, just like it is your choice to call yourself names like you have above. But, if you get screwed don't whine about it, in fact don't even come on this forum and complain about it, you know the score.

Oh and by the way, if you ever decide to buy any Ocean Front Property I have some in Arizona that I will sell you very Cheap!!!!!;)
But also don't forget there is a difference between being a smart ass and being all ass and you leave little doubt which you are!!!!:)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow they did consolidate some Varny threads,

i wonder what the story will be this time and how long it is until we get another chapter

shame

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member

especially when you can get an eddie wheat cue that plays just as good for a fraction of the price.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Considering the threads on this I wonder why people give deposits. I ordered a Carolina Custom with no deposit. I also ordered a Lomax j/b with a deposit, but I had no qualms about doing that since I haven't heard a single bad word about him.

Kevin makes a helluva cue. I met up with him once and shot with his personal cue a few and loved the hit. I would be inclined to buy one of his cues, but I wouldn't put down a deposit on it and I live near him.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you deal with Kevin Varney that is your choice, just like it is your choice to call yourself names like you have above. But, if you get screwed don't whine about it, in fact don't even come on this forum and complain about it, you know the score.

Oh and by the way, if you ever decide to buy any Ocean Front Property I have some in Arizona that I will sell you very Cheap!!!!!;)
But also don't forget there is a difference between being a smart ass and being all ass and you leave little doubt which you are!!!!:)

don't give him a discount man. beach front property is beach front property!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Considering the threads on this I wonder why people give deposits. I ordered a Carolina Custom with no deposit. I also ordered a Lomax j/b with a deposit, but I had no qualms about doing that since I haven't heard a single bad word about him.

Kevin makes a helluva cue. I met up with him once and shot with his personal cue a few and loved the hit. I would be inclined to buy one of his cues, but I wouldn't put down a deposit on it and I live near him.

Let me see if I am getting this right, Good product:thumbup2: but a Bad Seller who can't be trusted in word or Deed!!!!!!:scratchhead:

Wow, with all the jump break cues both custom and production on the market today that will do everything that a Varney will do why would anyone give Kevin the time of day?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Let me see if I am getting this right, Good product:thumbup2: but a Bad Seller who can't be trusted in word or Deed!!!!!!:scratchhead:

Wow, with all the jump break cues both custom and production on the market today that will do everything that a Varney will do why would anyone give Kevin the time of day?

I did use his breaker and didn't like it, but I have to add that I only broke one rack with it so that's not a fair opinion on my part either. I played with his playing cue which I did like a lot.

So far as j/b cues go I will say that you would have to pry my Lomax out of my cold dead hands.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member

Let me say just a few things, i wasnt whinning, and wasnt complaining, fact is, i just shared it for a good laugh for you all. As for being an ASS if thats your opinion so be it. just like i have one of you. You and your sunny beaches, are of no interst to me either. Now as for one of your cues, i'd be interesed. I have three lovely BHQ and two fine hitting Crown Cues. but am always looking to add another fine cue to my lil collection. Oh and yes i said i would like another Varney Cue, but i didnt say i was gonna buy it from KV, i see a few sold on here a time or two, Anyways take care.

Last edited:

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The simple answer is because Kevin Varney has not been (and will not ever be) banned from AZB.

Of course, one could argue that banning Kevin Varney would prevent his customers from being able to get in contact with him. But apparently, once you pay money to Kevin Varney, you also become unable to get in contact with him. So what is the benefit of keeping him around?

Allowing Kevin Varney to continue ripping people off, without any consequences, only encourages other scammers to come to AZB and do the same. And it only makes it harder for legitimate buyers and sellers to conduct business.

I couldnt agree more. I might get in trouble like others in this thread but I just dont see how Varney is allowed to screw people over like this time and time again and nothing is done to him.:confused: There are plenty of cuemakers that have made their name on here (I know I didnt know about Jim Lee, Chris Byrne and the type if it wasnt for this board) but Varney makes it twice as hard for the good ones that deserve the work to actually get the work. KV is nothing but a scammer and will always be one. I havent got all the way through this thread yet but I had to quote this post by the penguin as its dead on.

asiasdad

Banned

My nuts are numb. As for being a sucker, I own a Varney Cue, however
I did not buy it from Varney. I bought the butt ugly purple heart handle stained a crappy black one
that TWOFORPOOL had listed on AZB, but was too big of a nit to invest another 35 for a wrap and
another 20 to give it the weight it needed. (He did put on brand new kamui tips on both shafts)

So I did that and here is what it looks like now:

View attachment 106110
(time/date stamp incorrect. I took photo today)

Now TWO FOR POOL is a friend of mine, so I got to hit with this previously butt ugly cue before committing to owning the damn thing.

And while Kevin Varney is a complete jackazz as a business man, he
does make a great hitting cue, and I would recommend anyone who
is looking for a low cost, great playing cue to buy a Varney Cue right
here on AZB. (gawd knows they're for sale here all the time)

JUST DON'T BUY IT FROM VARNEY.

Besides, with Mr. Varneys business principles, he could very well become
the next dead legend cuemaker, and then my little butt ugly converted to acceptable cue
will greatly appreciate as a collectable :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Man I thought I was reading a summer rerun........

Hope you get your cash, I wouldn't be too optimistic though

:(

Gwen's up

--Survivor--
Silver Member
OMFG...LMAO....

I didn't misinterpret this did I?

You ARE joking...right?...LOL

Gwen's up

--Survivor--
Silver Member
Let me say just a few things, i wasnt whinning, and wasnt complaining, fact is, i just shared it for a good laugh for you all. As for being an ASS if thats your opinion so be it. just like i have one of you. You and your sunny beaches, are of no interst to me either. Now as for one of your cues, i'd be interesed. I have three lovely BHQ and two fine hitting Crown Cues. but am always looking to add another fine cue to my lil collection. Oh and yes i said i would like another Varney Cue, but i didnt say i was gonna buy it from KV, i see a few sold on here a time or two, Anyways take care.

Good to see you were joking...!