wrapless PFD studios

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After browsing around here for about a year, I finally ordered and received my first custom playing cue from Paul on Friday!!

I had Mr. Davis send 4 blanks to Paul's shop, took a ride up there and spent some time talking to him and hashing out what I was looking for. We decided on the bubinga into curly maple with natural/green/blue/black/veneers and paua abalone stars with ivory outlines, joint and ferrules.

Half way through the process we added some complimenting joint protectors with the stars on the shaft protectors and matching wood.

Hits just as good as it looks (to me anyway, everyone has different taste)!!

Would recommend Paul and Ellen to anyone. He always returned my e-mails and phone calls on a timely basis and answered all my annoying questions on what materials were the best for my situation.

Hope everyone enjoys.

cue2.jpg

cue1.jpg

cue4.jpg

cue3.jpg

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice conversion. I owned a Davis/PFD conversion and it was a very nice player.

Congratulations,
Chris

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet cue.. great wood and veneer combination. Nice to see a beautiful cue and to hear that the experience with the cue maker was a pleasant one. It makes the pleasure of owning a custom from a great cue maker all the sweeter when you get what you want and are made to feel like you are their only customer. Now that's a job well done PFD studios.

Congrats on your new cue! Looks like a real sweet player.

Good shooting to you,

Kevin

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
Wow, that is a fine cue. I've had the pleasure of playing with cues made with Davis blanks, and cues made by PFD. The pride these men take in what they do shines through. I've also had discussions with both; great memories.

localguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely nice! Looks like a real player.

On a very interesting coincidental side note, Paul just finished my Davis conversion and would be my first custom as well.

I second your remarks on Paul's work and Davis' blank...they're great to work with, provide awesome customer service, and provide some memorable/interesting/educational conversations.

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the kind comments... localguy, good luck on your cue as well, and I hope you like it and be sure to hold on to the knowledge and stories you got from the makers!!

Mike

localguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will never forget. Can't wait to receive mine.
I wonder if you came across my cue in the shop. It was a wrapless Blackwood.

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was actually in Feb. when I was at his shop... I saw him at SBE and FourKings cue shows and the only other cue I saw was the purple heart roadrunner cues and Deanoc's mouse cue. Sorry, but I understand the excitement!

Mike