Random cheating sequence?

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player A misses.
Player B scratches. I guess player A must be off somewhere, bcs player B waits a bit...then continues to shoot. Appears that the game is still going, scorekeeping still occurring. :eek:

Anyway, some weekend entertainment. :smile:

http://youtu.be/FNXXMni-W-w?t=1h24m42s

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
LOL.... he sure did.... Looks like they were playing a match that counted and he pulled a fast one by shooting again after he had fouled. Watch your wallet around that guy....... Kind of stupid b/c he knew it was being video taped. Anyways, that was a hard match to watch. Talk about position..... now if (Accdealer) would of wrote his Thread "Really" about this match. I would of backed him up 100%. Than again on the other hand. I am just happy to see players playing 14.1.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I tried to watch the video on my iPhone, and got an error saying it wasn't watchable due to copyrights.

I do know this type of opponent, I have seen players try this and miss the very next shot... Lol

Steve

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cheater makes two balls after the cheat and then misses. So adds 3 points to his score (the ball he scratched on stayed down). So net is 4 point swing in his favor.

MikeMaaen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gentlemans Game

Gosh! I hate to see that type of thing. 14.1 has always been one of if not the most honarable contest. Suggest he be drawn and quartered for that!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
The Cheater makes two balls after the cheat and then misses. So adds 3 points to his score (the ball he scratched on stayed down). So net is 4 point swing in his favor.

If you really want to get technical about it. It is not a 4 point swing, it was a 16 point swing at that point b/c he stopped the cue ball from falling into the side pocket with his cue. The main thing is that he continued shooting, not good.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I had that happen to me a few years back. I went to the rest room and told my opponent to keep shooting. It was being video'd. When I came back he had one ball and the cue ball left on the table and I needed to rack for his break shot.

After the game was over, he confessed to me that he did not know what came over him, but that he had knocked a ball in when he shouldn't have. I had won the game anyway. He offered to forfeit our second match as a penalty, but I demurred.

When I looked at the video, I saw that he came up a little off on his shape and while he was eyeing where to hit the object ball with his cue, he just pushed it in with his cue stick. It really gave him no advantage because his cue was down near the side of the rack area and the 15th ball had been in the rack, so he had to just shoot at the break ball spotted on the head spot.

Temporary insanity, I would guess.

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Such bizarre behavior. At least he 'fessed up! Don't understand the urge to cheat in friendly league games like this. Just silly.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
BCA Rule 47.9, Part 3, Section 17, Subsection 5, line 11:

"A player may continue to shoot after a miss or scratch provided that the game takes place in the Cayman Islands during a lunar eclipse on February 29."

I don't believe the requirement was met on this occasion. Sound like foul play to me.