I don't know much about women's pro pool, and I have just one question about Ms. Corr

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
So I have to ask. How does Karen Corr stack up against the rest of the girls. She seems to play strong as heck. She sure mixes it up with the boys better than I've seen anyone else. Is there a reason why I don't see here in the mix with the rest of the top women's players?

I've watched a few of her matches, and she seems to play better then any other womens player out there right now, IMO. So what's the story?

Disclaimer, I only ever watch the couple events advertised here, and still don't catch much of those. I just see Karen in mens tournaments, and never any other ladies. I could be way off base on the above comments, I just watched a couple vids on youtube.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One reason you haven't seen Karen much against the women is that there haven't been many women's pro events. I hope that will be remedied soon.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I saw what she's done in the past in tournaments. I meant if she were to match up with say Kelly today? Is there a mens pro that is about the same speed as her?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said it before and I will say it again.

I would really wish the women pros would play all events at the DCC.

I think a few have played including Sarah Rousey, and Jeanette Lee, but they were the exceptions.

I still get pi$$ed off when they announce at the tournaments on TV these are the best pool players in the world....

I know a ton of guys that would "Swim a mile of "poop" " to gamble with them.

CJ - has said that they could or would beat most men players. But then CJ has said alot of things.

Best of rolls,

Ken

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I have said it before and I will say it again.

I would really wish the women pros would play all events at the DCC.

I think a few have played including Sarah Rousey, and Jeanette Lee, but they were the exceptions.

I still get pi$$ed off when they announce at the tournaments on TV these are the best pool players in the world....

I know a ton of guys that would "Swim a mile of "poop" " to gamble with them.

CJ - has said that they could or would beat most men players. But then CJ has said alot of things.

Best of rolls,

Ken

Didn't Karen just beat Hatch out of a Turning Stone this year? She can obviously play, i'm more curious to see how she would fair had the set been to say, 21?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Karen just beat Hatch out of a Turning Stone this year? She can obviously play, i'm more curious to see how she would fair had the set been to say, 21?

Playing even?

I would be curious how ALL of them would fair at the DCC.

Ken

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are the best Women's players in the world. Why the hell would you get pissed off? The more women playing pool, the better!!

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have to ask. How does Karen Corr stack up against the rest of the girls. She seems to play strong as heck. She sure mixes it up with the boys better than I've seen anyone else. Is there a reason why I don't see here in the mix with the rest of the top women's players?

I've watched a few of her matches, and she seems to play better then any other womens player out there right now, IMO. So what's the story?

Disclaimer, I only ever watch the couple events advertised here, and still don't catch much of those. I just see Karen in mens tournaments, and never any other ladies. I could be way off base on the above comments, I just watched a couple vids on youtube.

Thanks,

Justin

I don't know exactly where one can find WPBA standings over the past 20 years but if I were to bet on it, I would say Karen Corr would rank #2 during that span (behind Allison Fisher). In all likelihood, she will be considered one of the top 5 female pool players of all time when she's done. She's a monster. Against any woman she is always the favorite to win or a coinflip but never the underdog.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are the best Women's players in the world. Why the hell would you get pissed off? The more women playing pool, the better!!

They didnt say that.

They said they are the best pool players in the world.

There is a difference.

Ken

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
So I have to ask. How does Karen Corr stack up against the rest of the girls.

I would venture to say that she is one of the top 5 women players in the world in rotation games (or...9-ball, 10-ball). In my opinion, the top 5 or 10 women in the world playing against each other would be a coin-toss (just like the top 5 or 10 men would be).

Maniac

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Her and Allison were champion snooker players playing the American child's game of 9 ball ... That's about all you need to know lol

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been saying for years that pool isn't gender dominated. Women can play and at the top levels. Pushing the races to longer matches to make it a test of stamina or endurance is just a cheap way of being chauvinistic. Based on the current format and length of matches, many of the top female players could compete with the male players. They may or may not set the world on fire and win tournaments, but they would at the very least, compete and do so very well in my opinion. I recently watched a female player named Jessica Barnes, who I believe finished 41st on the most recent women's tour money list, play against Alex Olinger, a very respected player by many. Jessica had him down 4-1 before Alex came back and won a close match. This was a 41st ranked female player. Imagine what the top 10 or even 20 could do.

Just my two cents worth.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Karen has more than 20 WPBA titles and is definitely one of the best four woman players ever.

Jean Balukas and Allison Fisher were better than Karen and perhaps Ruth McGinnis was her equal.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High class player, high class person. I already was a fan and then when she returned to Ireland to care for an ailing parent that confirmed what I already believed.

If I had any money to sponsor a pool player she would be my choice.