I don't know much about women's pro pool, and I have just one question about Ms. Corr

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I think that saying Corr is a strong womens player is misleading. She is a strong player period. I have seen her string together racks and keep players in their seat for a long time, it doesn't matter if it's a female contender or Earl, if they're in their seat they are all equal.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I just listen to exactly what is said.

I leave the ASSuming to you....

ken

People who take everything at face value miss a lot. English may be considered a low context language, but it's still full of subtleties and implied meanings.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see her a couple times a week so next time i do ill ask her if she would entertain the idea of creating an account.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Ovaries joke?

I had also heard that Alison Fisher was gambling with guys in Charlotte?

This has been years ago, but I heard it and cant say more than that.

I know Lori Shampo wanted to shoot Jeans ovaries off....(maybe one of my favorite pool stories ever). :thumbup:

Ken

I'm not familiar with that story about "Jeans ovaries"...please tell it.

I do understand your viewpoint. Many men are just not able to admit that any women can do anything as well as a man.

If Karen or any other women beat a top male for a large sum in a long set, the woman haters would come up with an excuse other than the "women have no endurance" BS.

Have you ever considered that women players don't feel the need to prove themselves against men?

And by the way, I've heard that there are women playing pool in Asia...I've heard stories from some of the old masters about women taking men off in money matches on a number of occasions over the years.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not familiar with that story about "Jeans ovaries"...please tell it.

I do understand your viewpoint. Many men are just not able to admit that any women can do anything as well as a man.

If Karen or any other women beat a top male for a large sum in a long set, the woman haters would come up with an excuse other than the "women have no endurance" BS.

Have you ever considered that women players don't feel the need to prove themselves against men?

And by the way, I've heard that there are women playing pool in Asia...I've heard stories from some of the old masters about women taking men off in money matches on a number of occasions over the years.

I think Brumback told me the story but he was at the Rack in Detroit and Lori was in action constantly.

Jean was considered by most as the best woman pool player in the country...except by Lori (and the folks who knew her)

Lori Shampo came up with one of the greatest lines in the history of hustling when she challenged Jean Balukas to play some $500 nine-ball by barking, "I'll shoot your ovaries off!"

Jean refused to play.

She had balls even though she was a beautiful woman.....

Brumback said he was stunned!

Ken

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that saying Corr is a strong womens player is misleading. She is a strong player period. I have seen her string together racks and keep players in their seat for a long time, it doesn't matter if it's a female contender or Earl, if they're in their seat they are all equal.

Maybe.

I dont agree but maybe.

If you want me to become a believer, have her win DCC.

Ken

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There are so many really strong women in the pool world. In the past decade "we" had karen corr, allison fisher and jasmin ouschan. but in the last decade the asians came up so strong- i m sure that there are many many females at a level where they can beat everyone-- maybe not constantly-but the *man* would have to show everything or he would get roasted.

If someone thinks women would have no endurance, try to play Jasmin Ouschan straight pool. But if this *someone* wouldn t be able to run constantly big runs, he should better stay at home and watch pool on tv :)

And what Donny said about asians iheard more than once. If someone looking for action he should pay attention when the next group of chinese girls are gambling at starbilliards in manila to *learn* from the local pinoys :).

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Karen Corr is without a doubt one of the all time greatest women players in the history of pool! Okay. In the last 20 years her record is second only to Allison Fisher, who is THE GREATEST women player of all time (Jean included). Karen probably has more tournament wins over men players (and good ones) than any women ever. She has won on the Joss tour! This with full fields of strong men players.

The greatest advancement in this sport in the last fifty years is the ability level of the top women players (and that has happened primarily in the last ten!). Now that the Chinese women have embraced the game, we are seeing more and more great women players. I look forward to the day when there is a professional tour with fields that include both the best men and the best women competing on equal terms. When this happens pool will become a VERY popular spectator sport. Some rich person (or persons) will wise up to this fact and put it all together one day. I hope I'm here to see it. :wink:

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Karen looks at AZB. Seems like she got a lot of love here! would love to see some more of her matches!!!

Let's just say, if you want to get a message to her on AZB, she will get it.

Best,
Mike

John Brumback

Silver Member
I think Brumback told me the story but he was at the Rack in Detroit and Lori was in action constantly.

Jean was considered by most as the best woman pool player in the country...except by Lori (and the folks who knew her)

Lori Shampo came up with one of the greatest lines in the history of hustling when she challenged Jean Balukas to play some $500 nine-ball by barking, "I'll shoot your ovaries off!"

Jean refused to play.

She had balls even though she was a beautiful woman.....

Brumback said he was stunned!

Ken

No Ken,the story I told you was about when she ( Lori S.) walked in and started woofin at everyone in the pool room,then someone said out loud,that she probably didn't have any $ and with that line...... she patted and squeezed her front pants pocket and said real loud..." What do you think this is,a pack of f---kin camels!!! That's when I about fell out of my seat, you could have heard a pin drop or a mouse piss on a cotton ball,Quote By SD hehe. That pool room was unreal is all I can say. You had to get buzzed in at the door too. John B.